Home Forums [MOVED] Struggles Out to Eat Reply To: Out to Eat

Mrs. Love Chard
Keymaster
@Bethany

It’s tough to take things without a big cooler in an airplane. I typically have one small carry-on cooler for things to eat on the plane, and then I stop by a grocery store once I get to my destination for food [salad stuff, pre-cooked grains and beans, stuff to make a quick chili] for the weekend/week. Here’s what my plane packing looks like:

Carry on luggage:

• Small backpack/cooler that contains an insulated pocket to keep refrigerated items fresh

• Empty coffee mug/water bottle + hibiscus tea bag [or other] to cold brew tea once you pass security

• Lara Bars: most flavors meet the Nutritarian criteria since they only contain dates, nuts, fruits, vanilla, and cinnamon [found in most grocery stores]

• Easy to eat fruits and vegetables like apples and carrots

• Celery stalks along with a small 3 ounce [or smaller] container of raw nut butter

• Baggies of trail mix including raw nuts, seeds, and some dried fruit

• Ice pack wrapped in newspaper, then wrapped again over a small container of mixed cold bean and veggie salad

• Dried/oven toasted chickpeas

• Plastic spoons and forks

• Napkins and/or wet wipes, toothpicks, and floss

Checked luggage:

• Nutribullet or other portable blender for smoothies, dips, and spreads to make when you get to your destination
  • Small bottles of vinegar and balsamic for salads [in plastic baggies in case they leak]

• Small single-use seasoning packets such as Mrs. Dash or bigger shakers for longer trips

• Bottles of water to keep in your hotel fridge

• Dry salad ingredients such as dried fruit, nuts, seeds, oven baked garbanzo beans, etc.

• Easy to travel with fruits and vegetables such as oranges, apples, carrots, and celery — put in a ziplock baggie with an ice pack wrapped in newspaper

• Containers of nut butter for apples and celery