Home Forums [MOVED] Struggles Eating Patterns Reply To: Eating Patterns

LisaForester
Participant
@LLFORESTER

On the days I eat no breakfast because I’m not hungry, it’s like I’m driven to eat more. I never feel I’ve eaten enough until I’ve eaten so much I don’t feel well.

Typical good day:

Breakfast – Oats (1 cooked cup or 1/2 cup dry with plant milk) with 1/2 cup berries, 1 banana and some kind of raw or steamed plain greens. Sometimes includes 1 Tbsp raw walnuts and ground flax. Sometimes a tofu scramble with mostly non-starchy vegetables.

Lunch – Leftover stew or chili of some kind (2 cups – includes rice or other grain, plus beans, mushrooms, onions, greens, and other veggies) with steamed or roasted non-starch veggies, cruciferous veggies, OR 1lb salad.

Dinner – One pot dish or bean loaf and 2 vegetable sides. Sometimes includes a baked potato or Ezekiel toast or Engine 2 wrap.

I don’t snack, and at home I use no salt, oil or sugar. All canned beans and tomatoes are no salt added. I make most beans from dry, with no seasoning, and I’ve started making a large 8 cup batch of my own vegetable broth at the beginning of each week (because all the companies lie on the labels).

I like to take 2 packages of Trader Joe’s Cruciferous Crunch with a box of mushrooms, 1 diced onion, 2 Tbsp Italian No Salt Seasoning and 1 cup of veggie broth in my Instant Pot, 5 minutes at pressure and npr. This becomes 5 servings of greens (usually my breakfast greens each day).