Tagged: 

8 replies, 4 voices Last updated by Kimberley 4 years, 1 month ago
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

Kimberley
      Participant
      @Kim

I’m wondering how many of us are transitioning to a Nutritarian lifestyle vs already living it 100% of the time? In the past I averaged around 83% and I’m aiming for 100% now so I can Detox and lose some excess weight.

Anonymous
      @

I’m still transitioning. I think I’m at about 75% with oil and salt being the major down fall.

1+

Kimberley
      Participant
      @Kim

Oils I just managed to ditch this last season. I find that anything I previously used oils on I can substitute for half nut or seed butter and half water. Salt is harder because I associate it with a treat.

Mrs. Love Chard
      Keymaster
      @Bethany

I have an upcoming video on this too, but I aim to be 100% and typically fall between 95%-99%. I’m always vegan, but downfalls here and there are oil, salt, sugar… usually in the form of traditional chips or a vegan bakery item. Little devils!

1+

Kimberley
      Participant
      @Kim

@Bethany I think that’s a Nutritarian lesson. To strive for 100% so that little things like some salt in salsa or pasta sauce keeps you in Dr Fuhrman’s 90-95% range.

2+

Debbie
      Participant
      @Debbie

Vegan 100% nutratarian 95%, salt and sugar is still in my house I haven’t brought more in I’ve just cut down so it’s lasting longer. NN has really helped me cut down on both and in time I will eliminate them. I’ve not lost any weight but it is not a surprise to me, I’m really hoping that for the next 6 week challenge weight loss will be my goal. I’m a grazer and would rather have several small meals a day then 2 or 3 big ones, working on that.

1+

Kimberley
      Participant
      @Kim

@Debbie I have to watch my starch to lose any weight. I made Detox my goal for the first 6 week challenge, and weight loss my goal for the second. Recognizing toxic versus true hunger.
      Joel Fuhrman has been Talking more about fasting to lose weight, and recommends shrinkinging your eating window down so you have 14-16 hours in between supper and breakfast. I believe Mrs.LoveChard is a fan of this, and I know other Nutritarian’s says it’s helped them with visceral fat.

1+

Mrs. Love Chard
      Keymaster
      @Bethany

Yes! I was a grazer too… like ALL DAY. Now, I typically eat between 2-8pm. This took some adjusting, but definitely worth it for me!

We’re working on an intermittent fasting course [soon to come].

2+

Kimberley
      Participant
      @Kim

I do pretty good finding low salt for the few packages foods I buy, but some are hard to nail perfect. Has anyone ordered Joel Fuhrman’s food products. I’d love to find a no salt Marinara especially.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • The forum ‘[MOVED] General Chat’ is closed to new topics and replies.