20 replies, 4 voices Last updated by Kimberley 3 years ago
Viewing 18 reply threads
  • Author

Kimberley
      Participant
      @Kim

Anyone interested in doing a Health focused book club?

1+

Debbie
      Participant
      @Debbie

That could be helpful, I’m not a avid reader but willing to give it a try.

1+

Kimberley
      Participant
      @Kim

@Mrs.LoveChard recomended Love Your Body by Talia Fuhrman so I think that’s going to be my September goal read.

Debbie
      Participant
      @Debbie

I’m going to check my library and see if they have it.

1+

Mrs. Love Chard
      Keymaster
      @Bethany

Book club is on the list to host this winter! 🙂

1+

Kimberley
      Participant
      @Kim

So I’m half way through Talia Fuhrman’s book and I’m totally amazed. I was expecting a lot from someone so much younger than me, but her book is right up there with her dad’s for new and exciting health information, Her section on the brain is definatly something I’m going to re-read again.

Debbie
      Participant
      @Debbie

I just got it from the library Tuesday, looking forward to getting started.

2+

Kimberley
      Participant
      @Kim

I finished Talia Fuhrman’s book, and also finished listening to The End of Diabetes. Think I’m going to buy a physical copy of The End of Diabetes to highlight and flag up.

1+

Mrs. Love Chard
        Keymaster
        @Bethany

YAY! Great idea. I love owning all the books so I can highlight and make notes and dog-ear the pages. 🙂

2+

Debbie
      Participant
      @Debbie

Been busy with painting and so I haven’t started reading it yet, I have to extend the check out today. Will start this afternoon.

1+

Kimberley
      Participant
      @Kim

Has anyone read Dr Fuhrman’s book on fasting?

1+

VeganVieira
      Participant
      @VeganVieira

I have read parts of his fasting book and it’s currently on my nightstand. Are you going to give it a read?

2+

Kimberley
      Participant
      @Kim

Do you recommend it @ VeganVieira? The End of Heart Disease talks a little about closing the wasting window. I was hoping his Fasting book would talk more about it.

VeganVieira
      Participant
      @VeganVieira

Honestly it’s been years since I’ve flipped through it. I may just pick it up again though and will let you know!

1+

Kimberley
      Participant
      @Kim

Thanks @VeganVieira. I’m thinking October might be a back to basic re read Eat To alive with highlighters and sticky notes.

VeganVieira
      Participant
      @VeganVieira

I may join you and re read E2L this month!. I need to remind myself of the basics as I’m committing to 100% whole food plant based for the next bit to crush some goals.

I tend to focus on the small stuff and aim for perfection and then fall off hard so I’m thinking the fasting book might not be the best next read for me 🙂

2+

Kimberley
      Participant
      @Kim

For those interested and wanting time to order, I’m thinking Super Immunity by Dr. Fuhrman for November.

Also wondering if anyone had some good science based books on the daily fasting method that @Bethany talks about?

2+

Mrs. Love Chard
        Keymaster
        @Bethany

Fasting and Eating for Health touches on intermittent fasting, but talks even more in detail about longer fasts, which I haven’t done before. Longest I have fasted was about 40 hours.

Fasting and Eating for Health: http://amzn.to/2ygTbkt

1+

VeganVieira
      Participant
      @VeganVieira

I’m in! I just need to find my copy of ‘Super Immunity’. I bought it for my dad as well so I’m going to see if I can get him on board to read it as well!

2+

Mrs. Love Chard
      Keymaster
      @Bethany

Warning: array_flip(): Can only flip STRING and INTEGER values! in /home/lovechar/public_html/nutribabenation/wp-content/plugins/buddyboss-media/includes/bbpress/class-bbm-bbpress-media.php on line 331

One of my vegan girlfriends, Lani Muelrath, wrote this amazing and beautiful book. I just quickly browsed it after ripping open my latest Amazon order and it’s confirmed… this book is a MUST. Get it! http://amzn.to/2ykSWVl

3+

Kimberley
      Participant
      @Kim

Purchased The Mindful Vegan and downloaded onto my Ereeder. Figured daily Mindfullness will help on those hard days. Thanks for the idea @Bethany.

1+
Viewing 18 reply threads
  • The forum ‘[MOVED] General Chat’ is closed to new topics and replies.