Home Forums [MOVED] General Chat Breakfast

Tagged: 

9 replies, 7 voices Last updated by Kimberley 3 years, 2 months ago
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

Mguzman
      Participant
      @Mguzman

Hello.  Can you beautiful souls help me out with breakfast ideas?  My mornings tend to be busy and rushing out to work.

Thank you

Bryoni
      Participant
      @Bryoni

My son and i eat overnight oats or cooked oats most of the mornings. With apple, cinnamon, chia seeds, flaxseed. Yummy!

Mr. Love Chard
      Keymaster
      @Zane

Oats are a great suggestion, Bryoni! Other quick options could be: a green smoothie with banana, spinach, ground flax, berries, and water, sprouted grain toast with almond butter, sliced bananas, and cinnamon, or a bowl of fresh fruit.

Mrs. Love Chard
      Keymaster
      @Bethany

Millie, here are some of my favorite breakfast go-tos: https://nutribabenation.lovechard.com/breakfast-ideas/

What about making a soft granola/oatmeal type of bar with fruit and nuts? Oh, or black bean brownies:

• 3 cups cups cooked black beans, rinsed and drained
      • 1 cup cooked sweet potato
      • 16 Medjool dates, pitted [more if desired for super sweet brownies]
      • 4 tablespoons raw almond butter
      • 3 teaspoons vanilla
      • 1 cup raw cacao powder
      • 3 tablespoons chia seeds
      • 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
      • Tiny drop of almond extract [be careful, all you need is a drop]
      • Little water if needed to blend 

Directions: Blend in a high powered bender, such an a Vitamix or other food processor. Add a tablespoon or 2 of warm water if needed, but the batter is supposed to be very thick. Form into a 9×13 glass baking dish and bake on 320 for 45-ish minutes. I cook a little longer to make the top a little crisp, then it’s like a cookie. We store them in the fridge to help them set and serve cold with a class of almond milk. These also keep in the freezer well. Cut up in individual squares in baggies for each grab-and-go.

Mguzman
      Participant
      @Mguzman

Thank you for all of the wonderful suggestions

LisaForester
      Participant
      @LLFORESTER

Bethany, I have not been able to find an oil free and sugar free granola, except Engine 2 (which we hated all the flavors). Do you have a nice Nutritarian recipe?

VeganVieira
      Participant
      @VeganVieira

I would love a nice nute granola recipe too!! My daughter loves cereal and it’s all crap so I’d like to have something else to provide her. I’ve had okay luck swapping the oil with water in recipes but use maple syrup to sweeten. I would much prefer a sugar free recipe!

Mrs. Love Chard
      Keymaster
      @Bethany

@llforester and @veganviera YES I will get our Nutritarian granola upon the docket. 🙂

Kimberley
      Participant
      @Kim

The night before I always make a Smoothy and just grab and go in the morning. We all drink out smoothies in the car. I always do 4 cups water, 3-4 cups greens, 1 cup berries, 1tbs flax, 1-3 bananas, 1-2 dates if u want. Some days there’s 1-2tbs cacao nibs or power. Some days I add mint or matcha. Or I vary my fruit I’m using.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • The forum ‘[MOVED] General Chat’ is closed to new topics and replies.