Home Forums [MOVED] General Chat Cold and Flu

Tagged: , ,

5 replies, 4 voices Last updated by Mrs. Love Chard 2 years, 11 months ago
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Kimberley
      Participant
      @Kim

I saw this on Fuhrman’s website and thought I’d share. I’m making a batch of a veggie immune boosting broth to keep in the freezer.

“Fuhrman’s Tip of the Day: With cold and flu season upon us, keep this in mind when ill with a typical viral syndrome. It is best to rest, drink water, avoid cooked food, and only consume fresh fruit and raw vegetables if hungry. Fasting or eating very lightly when ill speeds recovery, reduces mucus production, and activates the immune system’s defenses to rapidly and dramatically eliminate the viral load …
      Soup is okay, it is mostly the cooked starches and animal products I am objecting to due to their higher caloric concentration. Caloric restriction boosts immunity, and cooked foods are more calorically dense. Having such things as steamed zucchini when ill is fine.”

4+

Sherrie
      Participant
      @wahminsc

Thanks for sharing! I made a batch of soup on Wednesday when I first felt this ick coming on. It’s a garlicky bean, veggie, and kale soup that I threw together and tossed in the InstantPot. I have a packaged carrot and cashew soup that I think I’ll take out today, too.

2+

VeganVieira
      Participant
      @VeganVieira

Great advice! Where did you see this posted on his site?

1+

Mrs. Love Chard
      Keymaster
      @Bethany

YES! I always fast when I feel a little “off”. Raw celery + cucumber “juice” sometimes too.

1+

VeganVieira
      Participant
      @VeganVieira

I am off now and naturally have no hunger. Keeping these things in mind.

Of course, this week I food prepped a ton of stuff and now can’t eat! Arg!

2+

Mrs. Love Chard
        Keymaster
        @Bethany

I totally feel ya, Holly. Are these things that you can preserve in the freezer or extend the fridge life with some vinegar? Maybe have family enjoy?

1+
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘[MOVED] General Chat’ is closed to new topics and replies.