113 replies, 8 voices Last updated by Kimberley 3 years ago
Viewing 82 reply threads
  • Author

Mrs. Love Chard
      Keymaster
      @Bethany

LADIES!! Happy end of Day 1 of your 6 week challenge! So proud of all of you for jumping in, sharing, and encouraging others. GO NUTRI-TEAM. πŸ™‚

Debbie
      Participant
      @Debbie

I will start by saying I will be honest not only to my challenge Nutrababes but to myself, I had my coffee this am but did eliminate the 2 t sugar I did still use the 3T silk flavored coffee creamer. As long as I have the items in my home I will finish them up, my goal is to not replace the coffee or creamer when they are done, goal now is to eliminate them by the next set of 6 week challenge. Looking forward to the rest of my day, hoping you all have a wonderful day. Check in tonight.

Mrs. Love Chard
        Keymaster
        @Bethany

Great goal to not bring those things into your home anymore! I love that. What you can do instead later for coffee creamer and sweetness [if you ever have coffee here and there] is to blend a date with soy milk or homemade almond milk. I would suggest too, to try some herbal teas. Love all the variety.

Debbie
        Participant
        @Debbie

Great idea to blend dates with soy milk, I only started drinking coffee when they made the flavored creams in the 90’s. I do like chai and have some in the cupboard, I buy organic fair trade coffee and just can’t throw it out so will finish it and just take it from their.

Terri
      Participant
      @tkane

Warning: array_flip(): Can only flip STRING and INTEGER values! in /home/lovechar/public_html/nutribabenation/wp-content/plugins/buddyboss-media/includes/bbpress/class-bbm-bbpress-media.php on line 331

I started off the day with oatmeal and fruit then questioned whether I should be eating the oatmeal during the challenge. My goal is to lose weight. I was going to limit my grains to breakfast which would either be 1oz of dry oats or a slice of Ezekiel bread. Of course there would be fruits and vegetables to go along with it. I’ll try it for a couple of weeks. If it is not working, I’ll cut it out. This was my breakfast today. It looks like a bowl of fruit but there are some overnight oats underneath it all.

VeganVieira
        Participant
        @VeganVieira

Terri, I have similar questions regarding the grains. I do know that some people have much better success when they remove grains from their diet but I’m thinking I will try with them first as well. I do know that grains and particularly bread products can cause cravings for me so I plan to monitor myself closely. As an aside your breakfast looks delish!

I weighed myself today so I can monitor my progress as we go. I’d love to lose a good chunk but I’m most excited about getting rid of the cravings and focusing on my health. I know the weight will be a natural result of focusing on my health and well being!

Mrs. Love Chard
        Keymaster
        @Bethany

Love this outlook ladies — try it and you can always tweak if needed!

Kimberley
      Participant
      @Kim

Morning rockstars! Green tea and a Smoothy every day is my breakfast. We prep the smoothies the night before so they can be grab and go. Green tea good or bad? I know I’ve seen it on lists for Joel Fuhrman for it’s good benefits but I’ve also heard caffeine is bad.

Mrs. Love Chard
        Keymaster
        @Bethany

Green tea is good on occasion as long as you don’t have a reliance on it! If I have any, I stick to a cup. πŸ™‚

Debbie
      Participant
      @Debbie

Great salad, and looking forward to using this new balsamic.

Debbie
      Participant
      @Debbie

not sure what happened, I attached 2 pics and they did show up.

Mrs. Love Chard
        Keymaster
        @Bethany

Debbie this looks amazing!! How was the balsamic?

Debbie
        Participant
        @Debbie

It is so good, I never used balsamic until I found these flavored ones their a lil pricey but you need so little to add such great flavor.

Terri
      Participant
      @tkane

I am ending the day feeling like I ate too much. My dinner was raw greens, steamed broccoli, mushrooms and homemade beet hummus. I also grilled some green cabbage. How weird is that? The crispy, smokey cabbage was so good. I kept eating it even though it wasn’t even for tonights dinner. Since I didn’t weigh anything, I have no idea how much I ate. I think I had 3/4 cup hummus. My fullness kicks in about 20 minutes after I leave the dinner table. I need some unit of measurement to keep myself from overeating. Either it’s one plate or bowl or so many ounces. I felt in control until I tasted the cabbage. When I start my meals I have a pretty good idea how much is going to be enough. Tomorrow I am going to trust in my own judgement.

Debbie
        Participant
        @Debbie

I understand, my salad was bigger then I usually make so I put it away for a couple hours and finished it for dinner with cantaloupe and watermelon. Tomorrow I’m going to use the same amount of greens and cut the toppers in half, it did make me take the dogs for a nice walk.

VeganVieira
      Participant
      @VeganVieira

Day 2 was better than the 1st. Breakfast was a green smoothie with flax and lunch was greens topped with roasted veg followed up with some fruit. Dinner was quinoa and black beans with raw veg, pico and nutritarian sour cream. Oh and I also had a side of sauteed arugula with dinner and some banana nice cream. Wow it sure sounds like a lot of food when I type it all out.

I need to get some nice herbal teas for night time cravings as I find it really helps. I’m jealous of those who are in the US and can get the tumeric tea Bethany recommends! Does anyone have any other tea recommendations that I might be able to find in Canada?

Kimberley
      Participant
      @Kim

@VeganVieira this is my Canadian tea stash. I love Tulsi tea for it’s anti stress adaptogens. Rooisbos anything, but Chia is especially nice. Hibiscus tea has all the benefits of red wine. Dandelion root for digestive properties.

Kimberley
      Participant
      @Kim

Tea stash

VeganVieira
      Participant
      @VeganVieira

Thanks Bethany and Kimberley!!! Going to order the turmeric tea tomorrow; I’m super excited. Great reminder about Tulsi tea as well! I have a large bag of the looseleaf herb. I love the taste. I have that dandelion tea that is pictured as well. I could never really get into it. I know it’s so healthful so I will give it another go.

Thanks again ladies πŸ™‚

Terri
      Participant
      @tkane

Day Two – All is well. I feel really good. It is amazing the effect of good nutrition. It’s not that I was eating poorly before but there was an abundance of grains and flour. All these green vegetables are making a difference.

VeganVieira
      Participant
      @VeganVieira

Breakfast was a green smoothie and lunch a big salad with beans and hummus dressing. Dinner was lentil pasta and cauliflower. I definitely overate the pasta which makes me think i should lay off bean pasta during the challenge given my tendency. It’s really too bad because my Costco just got some awesome bean pasta for cheap!

Kimberley
      Participant
      @Kim

Is it weird that once you commit 100% it’s easier? I’m doing lots of meditation to stay calm and focused. Also telling myself I’ve eaten and I don’t need anymore food in between meals

Terri
      Participant
      @tkane

I agree with Kim. I do much better when I am not snacking between meals, even if the snack is fruit.

Kimberley
      Participant
      @Kim

I made it through not having the drive through ice cream everyone else had today, but I so had more than a cup of squash fries.

Kimberley
      Participant
      @Kim

Day 5 and I’m hosting a kid’s pizza birthday party. Thinking I need to make myself a Nutritarian pizza ahead of time to help with resistance during the craziness. It might be hard to be mindful with 21 8 year old running around.

Kimberley
      Participant
      @Kim

I hosted a kids party with cupcakes, pizza and lot of chips and I ate vegetables and beans. I would not have made it through if I hadn’t had you all to make me feel accountable and to know that what I felt was just toxic hunger. Thank you all.

Mrs. Love Chard
        Keymaster
        @Bethany

HUGE WIN, Kim!! πŸ™‚

Debbie
      Participant
      @Debbie

Was thinking of you and the party, glad to hear all went well.

Debbie
      Participant
      @Debbie

Not the best start to my day, not sure what made be check my Permanent Resident Card this AM, yes it expired June 21,2017. I’ve been in the US since 8/56 when I was just over a year old and still a Canadian citizen.

My local library will have the book by T Fuhrman next week, looking forward to reading it.

Off to Trader Joes and Costco

Mrs. Love Chard
        Keymaster
        @Bethany

Sorry to hear about your expired card! Hope all that gets taken care off. Glad your library is going to carry the book for you soon!

Debbie
      Participant
      @Debbie

Application filled out on line, payment made $$$$, and a great shopping trip to TJ, Costco and Fresh Thyme market. First meal of the day at 4:30, and so worth it veggie, kale and mayacopa beans soup.

Terri
        Participant
        @tkane

Great shopping haul and great looking soup.

Kimberley
      Participant
      @Kim

Next time I have leftover cupcakes in the fridge I need them out them in some non see through containers. Staying strong, had raisins instead.

Kimberley
      Participant
      @Kim

I have never ever stuck to a plan 100% for more than 5 days and we made it a full week. I’m just so giddy. If we can do 7 we can do the remaining 35. Congrats to all for making it through the first week.

nutripam
      Participant
      @nutripam

I did not do so well this past week. Turning it around. I made a ranch dressing for my salads this week and a batch of veggie burgers.

Terri
        Participant
        @tkane

Pam, looking forward to a good week for all of us. I chopped up a bunch of greens for some fabulous salads.

Kimberley
      Participant
      @Kim

I did 6 weeks of Eat To Live before joining this challenge. In my first 6 weeks 99% of my meals were Eat To Live but I had weekend snack treats. Due to chips I only lost 2 lbs in my first 6 week challenge.

First week with your guys there was some prepared dishes with some honey and oil but still a huge improvement over potatoe chips, so I give myself a pass for that. This week I have plans on how to avoid that food. Progress not perfection.

I lost 3 lbs in my first week with th you guys. New goal 9-10 lbs total competing 21 full days, of which I count the last week as the first 7 days.

One day at a time. Good luck today.

Debbie
      Participant
      @Debbie

Just made a batch of black bean brownies, had to tweak a bit added a banana, almond milk and more water then in the recipe. I use a nurta ninja auto IQ and had to do it in a couple batches it just did blend until I added more liquid. Put some walnuts on top and just waiting to put in the fridge, will have one with dinner tonight. Cut up a pineapple and will prep my salad, I was not 100% but being in this challenge made me think twice when making choices. A good week to all.

Mrs. Love Chard
        Keymaster
        @Bethany

Your additions sound great, Debbie!

Terri
      Participant
      @tkane

I had a good week. I wasn’t 100% due to a cob of corn and a potato but I did manage to lose 2 lbs. I made a big batch of cold bean salad and chopped up a bunch of greens for my lunch salads. I also roasted some beets which are going into my salads and probably some hummus.

Sheena
      Participant
      @Sheena83

I am not doing well. Work stress, birthday celebrations, toddler in the terrible twos…I have poor coping skills lol. I ordered some tumeric tea. I guess my one success this week is cutting back on my caffeine. I haven’t fully stopped, but I’m making progress. Here’s to a new week tomorrow!

Kimberley
      Participant
      @Kim

9 days in 4 lbs down. WooHoo! I am eating up to a cup of starch most days, but that cup makes me happy and helps me stick to the program. I do notice that on the one days I left it out I lost a whole pound. I’ll try and judge each day wether I want it or not.
      No yoga yesterday so did full hour today over 3 sessions and 30 minutes of meditation over 4 sessions. The little Mindfullness moments are what help me stay calm and on the plan.
      Best of luck to everyone.

Kerri
      Participant
      @kermont

Good Morning! I haven’t been able to get focused, the last week was full of end of the summer activities so I’m a little late to start the challenge (I can’t wait until this is a lifestyle). Today my daughter is back to school, my schedule is going to get back on track and I’m going to focus on my healthy eating! I’m heading off to make my shopping list and heading to the food store! Hope everyone has an incredible day!

Kimberley
      Participant
      @Kim

My day 10 had a big fat fail this morning. I ended up in a meeting that went long off site and I didn’t have my food. It happens. I moved on. Which still shocks me as I don’t normally get over that kind of stuff. Came home and ate my pound of cooked non starch veg that needed to be cleaned up and some berries. I know the plan works to my dreams so I know tommorow I’ll kick right back into weight loss.

I know @Mrs.LoveChard has mentioned keeping Lara Bars in her bag any other suggestions for Nutritarian food to keep on you for emergencies?

VeganVieira
      Participant
      @VeganVieira

Kimberly, I find that I do much better if I carry fruit with me! I’m always running to some activity with the kids and don’t always have time for a meal when I’m hungry but an apple will hold me over until I can eat something more substantial. Black bean brownies also do the trick πŸ™‚

I have not been on track the past couple of days. The long weekend threw me off big time and I had some wine and bread, ugh!

Back at it and trying to look forward and focus on why I’m doing this. Trying to keep it simple and focus on getting the food right instead of being perfect. Still sticking with the 6 week principles for sure but trying to have a more simple perspective.

Moving on and forward!

Kimberley
      Participant
      @Kim

Day 12 and I’m finding that after having a non-Nutritarian meal on Day 10 breakfast I’m having to detox all over again. Staying positive, meditating, and hoping that the new course coming out today will help me get over the hump again. That and cacao smoothies. Hope your all doing well. The stress of the first week back makes it both harder and more important to stick to the Nutritarian foods.

VeganVieira
      Participant
      @VeganVieira

Ugh, falling off is awful. It is so much easier to just stay compliant. I too feel less than ideal. Looking forward to the weekend so I can meal prep and get organized and motivated.

Mrs. Love Chard
        Keymaster
        @Bethany

“It is so much easier to just stay compliant.” -Holly πŸ™‚ !!!!! <3

Sheena
      Participant
      @Sheena83

My days start well – fruit, smoothies, overnight oats. I’m starving by 11am and eat a giant salad. Maybe a smoothie. Veggies and hummus. By 3pm I can barely keep it together and then dinner time is a mess 😭😭😭 Tonight, I had Chipotle. I crave the comfort food in the evenings and can’t seem to get past it!
      I have my lunch packed for tomorrow as I work, and I will leave my money behind so I don’t end up in the cafeteria. Hopefully I can prep a little more on Saturday and have foods I look forward to in the evening to keep me on track

Kimberley
      Participant
      @Kim

@Shenna83 I find having a Smoothy for the 3-5 craving window helps. Generally with cacao and almond butter. Those feel like a chocolate bar to me.

Also making sure I save the best for supper. I prep 2 days a week for the entire week. So I know I’m coming home to roast veg and a Nutritarian burger or tofu fingers with honey mustar sauce.

I’m 8lbs down. I’ll think of you tommorow while I try toresost toxic hunger. Last time it took me 3 days 100% to get over the hump.

Mrs. Love Chard
        Keymaster
        @Bethany

8 pounds down! Look at you, girl!!! πŸ™‚

Debbie
      Participant
      @Debbie

Good morning
      Good week, not 100% but feeling great. Congratulations Kim, 8 lbs is fantastic, I don’t feel like I have lost any weight yet I’m waiting until the end of the 6 weeks before I get back on the scale. Wishing all a great weekend.

Sheena
      Participant
      @Sheena83

Congrats on the 8lbs!
      You’re right, I just need to push through the first few days and get over my cravings instead of giving into them. My goal for today !

Terri
      Participant
      @tkane

Hello Everyone,
      What a crazy week this has been. I can’t seem to slow down my life. Next year at this time I hope to be retired. I am counting on some slow days mixed in with the crazy days. My week has been okay. I visited my daughter in Charlotte on Wednesday. She is blessed to have so many Vegan restaurant options in her city. I had falafel and roasted cauliflower which was not a bad choice. Of course there was oil involved which is something I never have at home. I didn’t have time to go shopping this past weekend so I ran out of salad greens by Wednesday. I also had no fresh fruit. I don’t feel right without my salads and fruit. I have got to get to the local farm this weekend and stock up and that good summer produce and fruit before it is gone. I need a longer weekend. I hope you all have a restful weekend.

Mrs. Love Chard
        Keymaster
        @Bethany

I totally hear ya — I totally need longer days!! Glad you got to spend time with your daughter. <3 Don't sweat the restaurants oil and salt, etc. πŸ™‚

Mrs. Love Chard
      Keymaster
      @Bethany

Today’s Nutribabe Nugget video, some of my weight loss tips:

Kimberley
      Participant
      @Kim

Day 14. Isn’t that crazy. So I’m thinking my goal for the next 7 days needs to be realistic and health oriented. It’s back to school time for our little one, who’s at a new school and having a head transition. It’s my girlie time of the month. For 7 days I just want to eat Nutritarian foods. If I eat extra starch, ok. Want more cacao Smoothy, ok. I think this will still move me forward on kicking my addictions, as it’s still huge progress for me, and just more realistic goal for this one week. Hope everyone has a relaxing weekend.

Kimberley
      Participant
      @Kim

100% Nutritarian foods all day 😀

3+

Terri
      Participant
      @tkane

Hello Everyone,
      I hope everyone stayed safe through Hurricane Irma. We are getting rain today in North Carolina. My friend who is vacationing on the NC coast said the ocean is like a big boiling pot and some of the streets are flooded. I am hanging in here with the six week challenge. Not a 100% though. I did some good salad prep this past weekend so I am feeling more in-line with the program now that I am filling up on greens, raw vegetables, beans and fruit. I will really miss the wonderful summer fruit when it is gone.

2+

Kimberley
      Participant
      @Kim

Detoxing from addictive food habits is soooo hard. Can we do this in baby steps? How about a 3 day commitment to detoxing from non Nutritarian food this Friday-Sunday?

1+

Mrs. Love Chard
      Keymaster
      @Bethany

@Kim, love this idea. I’m in with you!

1+

Debbie
      Participant
      @Debbie

Good morning NN
      Looking forward to Sunday, going to my first Veg Fest in Grand Rapids. Then tomorrow evening in Grand Haven the musical fountain is using the music of Moody Blues one of my favorite groups. Life is good

Kimberley
      Participant
      @Kim

Yay Day 1 of 3 Detox from addictive foods!

1+

Terri
      Participant
      @tkane

Just checking in. I’ve been preoccupied with getting my house ready to sell. Every spare moment is spent throwing stuff out or packing stuff up. The painters are in today and will most likely be around for 3 or 4 days then the flooring people arrive. Then the for sale sign goes up. In the mean time I have been focusing upon eating well but I have not been 100% challenge -wise. It will be a tough week ahead because I was not able to do my usual prep. I picked up some fruit and salad greens but will otherwise need to depend on frozen vegetables and soups/beans that had been previously cooked and frozen. Thank goodness for my frozen stash. I lost the two pounds that I gained the week before so I am sitting at 200. So close to the magic 199 that I never seem to achieve. I snacked on almonds yesterday…..sigh…. I am my own saboteur. I will get there though. No doubt about that.

3+

Mrs. Love Chard
        Keymaster
        @Bethany

All wins here, @tkane! Nothing wrong with moving to your storage in the freezer. ONE-derland, here we come!

Kimberley
      Participant
      @Kim

Freezer stashs are similar operant for busy weeks. Some weeks my prep is fancy, others it’s premade salad mixes, berries, a dressing, and a soup. Good luck @tkane.

1+

Kimberley
      Participant
      @Kim

Day 4 of Detox, and I so ate more than my fair share of. Nutritarian cookies. At least it’s good food. N xt time I’ll have to make them with black beans instead of oatmeal. Did get in my Smoothy, salad, and 10in20 Spicy black bean soup.

1+

Mrs. Love Chard
      Keymaster
      @Bethany

1+

Debbie
        Participant
        @Debbie

Thanks, I like the post it notes idea I’ve never kept a journal but definitely could put down a sentence or two.

1+

Kimberley
      Participant
      @Kim

Next month I plan to switch over my tracker but in the mean time I use this one. Green means Nutritarian, red means not Nutritarian meal.

2+

Kimberley
      Participant
      @Kim

I was inspired by @SarahRose to add a daily Nutribabe Tracker to my bullet journal. I’d love to see how others are using the tracker.
      I also finally saw my weight shift a pound after being stuck for 2 weeks😀. Day 5 of detoxing by the CRAP, glad the rough day 2 and 3 are behind me.

1+

Kimberley
      Participant
      @Kim

I’ve been trying to commit to having 6 cups of salad evey day for lunch. My understanding is that’s my 1 pound of raw vegtables a day. It’s nice to tick it off early so I can focus on something warmer and more filling for supper. Latley week day supper is always a vegtable bean soup, my 4 walnuts, and some fruit and herbal tea. One of my favourite things about fall is definatly soup.

1+

Debbie
        Participant
        @Debbie

I finally started freezing 1 qt of soup the last 2 times I made it, just to make sure I have something good if my day gets away from me.

1+

Mrs. Love Chard
        Keymaster
        @Bethany

Depending on how big or small your salad ingredients are chopped, 6ish cups should yield *about* a pound of salad. For a super thick bean and veggie soup, its about 2-3 ladles worth.

Kimberley
      Participant
      @Kim

@Debbie I always have frozen stuff in freezer. I like to make double and freeze of soup. I also like to keep tofu fingers in the freezer as they taste like a treat to me to have when I feel bad.

You know that saying we see all over social media about so many weeks to feel a change, more weeks to see a change, then more weeks for others to see a change? I see a change. It’s not like poof I’m in my ideal body. Just things are that tiny bit smaller. It’s very motivating.

Hope everyone has an awesome weekend.

Debbie
        Participant
        @Debbie

I’ve seen you mention tofu fingers before, what are they? I don’t think I’ve seen a recipe for them .

Kimberley
      Participant
      @Kim

Carrying on the soup, salad, Smoothy thing I have going on. So simple to prep salad twice a week, salad dressing and soup once a week. Todays’s twist was I had a Smoothy bowl for a lazier morning.

Debbie
      Participant
      @Debbie

Good morning
      I had my green card renewed Friday, I was nervous this time since it had expired in June, I was even researching moving back to Canada just in case I was denied, to be honest I think it would of been a good move.
      Yesterday was not a great day for me I started and ended good it was just the afternoon when I slipped up and bought coconut milk ice cream. Will not do that again, I felt lousy all evening lesson learned…
      Wishing all a good week

Kimberley
      Participant
      @Kim

@Debbie The grocery store is a tempting place. Lars bars are a good grocery store treat to buy. I have the habit of always buying a treat when I go, so now I need to make it Nutritarian.

For tofu fingers I just slice up tofu, dip in nutritional yeast, sprinkle with some no salt seasoning, and roast in the oven. There great to dip in sauces like you would fries or chicken fingers. I keep them and banana nice cream in my freezer for tempting times.

Debbie
        Participant
        @Debbie

I made the tofu fingers a few days ago, they were so good thanks for sharing them…

Kimberley
      Participant
      @Kim

I think I scared @Bethany with my banana confession. This is the Smoothy I have 50% of days. It’s 64 ounces. I either sip it all the way to 1-2pm or I save some for dessert after my salad and soup.
      4 cups water, 5 big handful greens, 1tbs flax, 2tbs cacao powder, 1 cup berries and 3-4 bananas to fill it up.
      I love banana. Aside from magnesium to relax me and my muscles, they also give me great carb energy. My salad and soups tend to be low starch veg with beans and nut/seed dressing. This Smoothy can get me up a mountain or through a few hours or yoga. It’s my chocolate bar.
      At some point I might switch to some healthier Smoothy, but at this point, this Smoothy helps nail all my other goals.

1+

Mrs. Love Chard
        Keymaster
        @Bethany

@kim not much you can do to scare me! πŸ˜‰ I just wanted to make sure you are ALSO getting in other fruits. Berries are king, then citrus and red/purple flesh fruits [if we’re looking at micronutrient density AND weight loss]. Then feel free to fill in with any other fruit, bananas induced. πŸ™‚ If this smoothie is your chocolate bar… go for it. Keep it. You an always branch out later.

1+

Kimberley
      Participant
      @Kim

Yes, I do recognize I’m a banana addict. Of my current addictions, I think this one is a low priority right now 💛🍌

2+

Kimberley
      Participant
      @Kim

12 days to go.Let’s crush this!

2+

Kimberley
      Participant
      @Kim

11 days to go and my weight seems to be stuck. I’m thinking I need to cut out the grains, starchy vegetables and bananas, and try just for a lot of non starch vegetables, greens, low GL fruit, and beans, nut and seeds. Anyone have any advice for breaking through a plateau? I don’t think I’m over consuming nuts and seeds but I might be getting up to 2 cups of beans/lentils a day.

Mrs. Love Chard
        Keymaster
        @Bethany

Switching things up will help break that weight loss plateau. Loading up on greens and non-starchy veggies is a great “switch up”!

1+

Terri
      Participant
      @tkane

Today I had the required bio screening at my workplace. My weight was 198 so I have finally fallen below that 200 lb wall. After my phone conversation with Bethany this week, I stopped adding any nuts to my meal. The only nuts I ate were an ingredient within a food such as cashews in the nutritarian sour cream and the almonds in almond milk. I have a hard time controlling the amount of nuts when I sprinkle them on my salad or any other dish. I did not add nuts to anything this week. I think it made a difference.

On another note…even though I had stellar biometics, I am still considered “at risk” because of my weight and BMI. This means I am required to go through wellness counseling in order to receive the annual insurance incentive. It’s $600 dollars so I go to the counseling. I just hate being labeled.

1+

Mrs. Love Chard
        Keymaster
        @Bethany

Terri YAY you’re in ONE-derland! Awesome, so glad the nut trick helped. πŸ™‚ Regarding the counseling, I know it may seem like a hassle, but consider thinking of it as a stepping stone instead of a label. With how determined you are moving forward with your health and goals… this counselling will be in the past soon!

1+

Debbie
        Participant
        @Debbie

That $600 will buy a lot of fruit and veggies, congratulations on being in (w)onederland I’m in that same area and it is tough breaking the 200’s mark.

2+

Kimberley
      Participant
      @Kim

10 days left in the 6 week challenge. Does anyone have a special goal to push themselves the last 10 days? My goal is to have a 16 hour fast overnight each night.

1+

Debbie
        Participant
        @Debbie

Don’t think I can do 16 but will do 12, these challenges do help me stay on track or at least remind me when I fall off.

1+

Mrs. Love Chard
      Keymaster
      @Bethany

Love that goal for the final 10 days, Kim! usually get that very day now, sometimes more. It’s great to allow your body that break and will totally help you dial into knowing the difference between toxic and true hunger. Congrats to all of your beauties on your progress so far!

xoxo

1+

Kimberley
      Participant
      @Kim

Day 34/42 today was the first day I didn’t have toxic hunger until me designated breakfast time. I was walking around the store thinking everything looked tasty, and I realized I’d gone 16.5 hours without eating. The previous few days I had windows were I had to remind myself that I wasn’t starving, that the feeling in my stomach meant I was detoxing, and that was a good thing I didn’t want to stop.
      I did notice my stomac at 3 so i’m very excited to have my soup now. Yes, not having snacks does make your meals taste better.

2+

Debbie
      Participant
      @Debbie

Good day, kale, banana, flax, soy milk smoothie at 9am, Baked some corn tortilla chips with hummus around 1pm then Kale, apple, onion, hummus salad and pineapple at 7pm.

2+

nutripam
      Participant
      @nutripam

Happy Saturday Group!

I’m sorry that I have been gone for a few weeks. Went through a rough patch with family issues, but things seem to be straightening out. I’m read to rock this thing again. I hope you all have been doing well. πŸ™‚

4+

Mrs. Love Chard
        Keymaster
        @Bethany

NUTRIPAM! I am so happy to see you here. One of the greatest parts of this lifestyle is that its your LIFE…. so you just keep moving forward, fine tuning, and surrounding yourself with guidance and community and HUMMUSSSSSS. <3 LET'S ROCK!

PS: Run through the start here course if you haven't yet to make sure you're comfortable here! https://nutribabenation.lovechard.com/courses/start-here/

1+

Kimberley
      Participant
      @Kim

Welcome back @nutripam. Perfect timing for the last week.

1+

Kimberley
      Participant
      @Kim

I’m 7lbs down and there’s 7 days left to go. Let’s rock this week.

1+

Kimberley
      Participant
      @Kim

Prepped and ready to rock. I have some Chia seed pudding and smoothies for breakfast. Lentil soup, lentil pasta made with lots of veggies and marinara. A brown rice stirfry. Salad dressing, and hummus.
      I haven’t found a no salt marinara. I can find no sugar, and low salt? Should i be trying to make by own then or ordering from Dr Fuhrman?

Kimberley
      Participant
      @Kim

What nutritional goal do you want to accomplish in the last 5 days? It’s only 5 days! My goal is to stick to the ETL protocol 100%. Finish line in sight.

1+

Kimberley
      Participant
      @Kim

Brunch of Herbal tea, salad with chickpeas and Nutritarian dressing, Chia seed pudding with raspberries.

2+

Mrs. Love Chard
      Keymaster
      @Bethany

I’m on board with 100% for the next now 4 days! πŸ™‚

1+

Kimberley
      Participant
      @Kim

All in 100 % until the end. We can do this.

1+

Kimberley
      Participant
      @Kim

I am less than an inch away from a healthy Nutritarian waist circumfrance. So close, I can taste it. Makes me hungry for more veggies.

3+

Terri
        Participant
        @tkane

You are almost there! How exciting.

2+

Mrs. Love Chard
      Keymaster
      @Bethany

So proud of you beauties!!!

1+

Kimberley
      Participant
      @Kim

It’s our last day! How crazy is that. That was probably the busiest 6 weeks of the year for me, and we found time for self improvement.
      I hope everyone has a great Nutritarian day. Take time to realize how far you’ve come.
      Can’t wait to see everyone’s post tommorow. I’m hoping to pull a @Bethany and do a before and after of how my lifestyle has changed. Would love to hear your as well.

Debbie
      Participant
      @Debbie

I had hoped I would of lost some weight during the 6 weeks but I didn’t, I feel lighter on my feet. During the 6 weeks I eliminated adding salt, I also stopped the soy creamer and sugar and yesterday had my last cup of black coffee. Not a fan of black coffee without the sugar and soy creamer I didn’t like it so I cleaned the coffee maker and put it away. I did prepare 2 different soups to put in the freezer, I’m going to finish painting, my condo has a open living, dining, kitchen then 2 small hallways going to my bedroom and bathroom/laundry. I know this will take some time and being prepared will get me through the week to get it done.

Kimberley
      Participant
      @Kim

Sounds like you made good steps @Debbie. Getting the salt, dairy, and sugar out is big. It didn’t matter how perfect I ate , until I gave up salt fully I never lost any weight. So weight loss is on it’s way. Until I gave up sugar, my cravings stayed. You set yourself up for some major health and weigt loss shifts.

Kimberley
      Participant
      @Kim

6 weeks. 7lbs down. Some people might hope for more, but I was only 100% Nutritarian for the last 23 days. I was also only following ETL 1 cup max starch veg and grains the last 2 weeks. I’m 5.3″ and I went from 136.6lbs to 129.6 lbs. my scale also says I lowered my fat and increased my muscle mass, and muscle weights more than fat.

More importantly I’m 25 days 100% Nutritarian. That means no non Nutritarian foods. I’ve defiantly gone through a lot of detox and I know it will take longer. Still my cravings are so much easier to control now. Saying no to unhealthy options really does get stronger with abstinence.

At the beginning I snacked and ate constantly, I now eat for 1 hour at 11am and 1 hour at 5pm. Apparently my low blood sugar issues was all this time just detoxing and not real; severe dizziness, sick stomach, shakes, brain fog. I also think the slow burning low GL Nutritarian foods help as my blood sugar is stable now. I’m not hitting extreme highs and crashing anymore.

I’m acting every day walking my dog for an hour, lifting some weights, yoga, and foam rolling.

We all want weight loss. But I couldn’t have weight loss until I changed my mind set. I was constantly looking for a diet that would still let me have my cheat food. That doesn’t exist. You can’t occasionally have heroine, just like you can’t occasionally have toxic addictive foods like salt, sugar, processed food. It’s abstinence from these addictive foods that will give you so much more than sugar, fat, salt dopamine hit. My freedom from these addictive foods is priceless.

I also, could not do this without daily check ins to this community. You have to go all in 100%.

I hope this post helps others jump in 100% and just say no to toxic foods. I promise to keep posting as I’m still just at the start of my Nutritarian journey.

2+

Mrs. Love Chard
      Keymaster
      @Bethany

You’re one of the most committed people I know, and it shows! “I couldn’t have weight loss until I changed my mind set. My freedom from these addictive foods is priceless.” YOU worked, you took the time for yourself, so feel things out, and keep going. You’re a perfect example for this lifestyle transformation and I am SO proud of you! Congrats to all you have accomplished in these last 6 weeks and for the rest of your 100 day challenge. You are a SHINING EXAMPLE. πŸ™‚

Kimberley
      Participant
      @Kim

Thank you @Bethany ☺️💚. You’ve been such an amazing resource supporting us all. The absolute number one thing I would recommend is daily check ins to the Nutribabe Nation. We all ask for accountability. This is it. I feel accountable to every single member here. Every time I feel tempted, I check in to the Nation. Everyone’s posts inspire me to get through toxic cravings.
      I’m excited to chase 30 day toxic addiction free, and continue on my 100 day journey.

3+
Viewing 82 reply threads
  • The forum ‘[Closed] Independent 6 Week Challenge 8/27-10/7’ is closed to new topics and replies.