Home Forums [MOVED] Struggles Detox Struggles

Tagged: ,

13 replies, 5 voices Last updated by Mrs. Love Chard 2 years, 10 months ago
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Mrs. Love Chard
      Keymaster
      @Bethany

This topic discussion is for any and all struggles through detoxing. Detox is basically switching from your old nutrition-style to whole food, plant-based living, and any temporary symptoms [headaches, fatigue, etc.] that may come with it.

1+

Bryoni
      Participant
      @Bryoni

I would love to do a detox but i’m still nursing my son. Any ideas on how to detox when your nursing? My son is a toddler but i don’t want him to have any discomfort.

1+

Mrs. Love Chard
        Keymaster
        @Bethany

With this lifestyle, there is no special detox that you have to do. Detox here means any headaches, fatigue, etc. that you may experience when transitioning to the whole food, plant-based lifestyle. Often times when people cut out refined sugar, refined grains, etc. they may experience detox symptoms… basically it’s their body adapting and getting through that temporary withdrawal stage. Your son will only benefit by you cutting out the refined junk! For breast feeding, you may want to consider upping your fat intake, primarily avocados and ground flax seed if you have access to them, as this helps with brain development and overall brain function. 🙂 We’ll have an upcoming course specific to detoxing, so look forward to that. There’s also a short bit in the 21 Day Roadmap on Day 11.  xoxo

1+

Bryoni
        Participant
        @Bryoni

That’s true. Thanks <3

1+

Amber
      Participant
      @Figero728

Hi- Day one is in the books. Completely whole food plant based today but definitely room for improvement. However, any suggestions to help with the bad headache I have? I think I’ll up my water tomorrow to see if that helps. It’s in the front of my head, straight across my forehead, not a typical migraine like I usually have on one side.

1+

Mrs. Love Chard
        Keymaster
        @Bethany

Warning: array_flip(): Can only flip STRING and INTEGER values! in /home/lovechar/public_html/nutribabenation/wp-content/plugins/buddyboss-media/includes/bbpress/class-bbm-bbpress-media.php on line 331

Day 1 is in the books! WOOHOO. Feels so good, doesn’t it? For your headaches, this is normal as you transition. They will subside! Day 11 of the 21 Day Roadmap talks a little more about it, but yes water will help. Refraining from excess caffeine, refined sugar, and refined grains/carbs will help as well. Try some ginger turmeric tea if you can find some and add a dash of cayenne. You can also try these acupressure point [pictured]. xoxo

1+

Mrs. Love Chard
        Keymaster
        @Bethany

@wahminsc for some migraines relief, hopefully! 🙂 See pic + text above.

1+

Amber
      Participant
      @Figero728

Thanks! I’ll look into the tea. I gave up caffeine about 3 weeks ago in preparation for this. I think it was due to lack of refined sugars and carbs yesterday.  I am thrilled to be done with day one, makes me feel stronger about  making it through day two. 🙂

1+

KellyH
      Participant
      @KellyH

I am on Day 8, and I am liking the change… but still getting use to the, what seems like HUGE change that my life and my body are going through. I am not having too many physical symptoms, but I am still having trouble getting used to the taste of everything. Somethings like tofu and green smoothies are not bad, but beans are still giving me a hard time. I am kinda of frustrated today because I am kind of hit or miss on my salads. I am either eating ALL of my salad like it is the best thing in the world or I am taking 2 bites and HATE it and have to throw it out. I hate wasting food like that… is this still a part of my taste buds re-growing. is there anything I can do to make this easier for me?

1+

Mrs. Love Chard
      Keymaster
      @Bethany

Tastes will continue to change and get better the more and more you eat this way, yes! It does take some time for your taste buds to heal from refined sugar, salt, fast food, etc. Basically what happens is your taste buds are flattened inside your tongue… and time away from junk food allows them to grow back up to the surface and begin tasting what REAL foods tastes like. So right now, you’re in that in-between stage. Time and refraining from salt, oil, sugar, refined grains, processed food will all help speed it up. Hang in there!

Talk to me about salads. Can you list out the ingredients of the ones you loved and also the ones you didn’t care for as much?

1+

KellyH
        Participant
        @KellyH

I like salad with romaine lettuce or spinach, apples, grapes or dried cranberries, nuts, red onion tomato and cucumber. I usually finish a salad with apple cider vinegar. I seem to like salads that have a little bit of fruit in them to make them a little sweeter.
        I dislike salads with kale, beans, mandarin ( even though I like these as a fruit), and a Whole Foods based dressing.
        I have always been a little picky about dressings on my salad sometime preferring to go with out then have a dressing I didn’t like. but I have been trying to branch out and I am not liking any dressing that I have found.
        I just hate wasting salad and all of the food that I use for the dressing to find that I don’t like them. I get kinda frustrated with it.

Mrs. Love Chard
        Keymaster
        @Bethany

AS you transition and your taste buds change, it’s great to have what you know you like frequently. If that’s a salad with extra fruit and no dressing for right now, that’s ok. With that being said though, keep expanding and trying new things. Often times I make a dressing or hummus and don’t even up liking it as a dressing or hummus…. so i will use it as part of another creamed dish or soup. Usually, we can find ways to re-purpose something. Definitely post here in the Nation for suggestions before you through something out!

Amy Larsen
      Participant
      @amymlarsen1992

My transition Detox is going better than I expected. I thought (and was prepared for) I would have trouble with sugar anxiety. My cravings haven’t been too bad. I made some dried garbanzo beans tossed in purified dates. . . .sure helps:) Thanks Bethany for the advice:)

1+

Mrs. Love Chard
        Keymaster
        @Bethany

Woooo this is great to hear! Making those whole food substitutions is so key. Great job! xoxo

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • The forum ‘[MOVED] Struggles’ is closed to new topics and replies.