Home Forums [MOVED] General Chat Diabetes

Tagged: 

8 replies, 5 voices Last updated by Sherrie 2 years, 11 months ago
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

AshleyC
      Participant
      @AshleyC

My grandmother has Type 2 Diabetes and she is very uninformed about her disease so today I approached the subject of a Nutratarian lifestyle with her and how it could help her diabetes. To my surprise she was very open to learning more and she asked me a lot of questions. I told her I would find her some more information and she seemed open to looking at any material I brought to her. She hates reading but loves reading cookbooks. She will talk recipes all day and it is truly one of her passions. I am tempted to just buy her a few nutratarian cook books since I know she will spend time looking through them but I want her to be educated about her disease, can you recommend any easy to read books or informative magazines? I would even be fine with magazines that talk about the nutratarian lifestyle. She loves magazines so that would be a wonderful way to go and I’d love to buy her a subscription for Christmas.

Thank you in advance!

5+

AnnMarie
      Participant
      @VeggieLover

Hi Ashley, Dr Fuhrman has a book on reversing diabetes called The End of Diabetes. His Eat to Live Quick and Easy Cookbook is a good one too. I reversed pre-diabetes with this Eat to Live lifestyle and Bethany’s help learning how to really live this lifestyle! It can be done! You are a good granddaughter!❤️

6+

Kimberley
      Participant
      @Kim

For simple to read, but with guidelines, and cooking , how about the 10 in 20!Diabetes ebook. You could buy it and have a store bind it for you.

5+

AshleyC
      Participant
      @AshleyC

Thank you ladies! @Veggielover I bought her The End of Diabetes, but I doubt she will read it, and I bought her the quick and easy cookbook before I posted this! Great minds think alike! 😊

Great idea @Kim ! She needs something short and easy so that’s a great idea!

Ashley

5+

AnnMarie
      Participant
      @VeggieLover

Hi Ashley,
      Here is a link to a docuseries that just started about diabetes. Maybe your Grandmother would like to watch it. You or she can sign up. It’s 9 parts and the 1st was last night. https://go.ithriveseries.com/episode-1-live-111p5kh8t?utm_campaign=Episode+1+AR&utm_source=Email-Episodes&utm_medium=Email

3+

AnnMarie
      Participant
      @VeggieLover

Here is the link to sign up for the series

https://go.ithriveseries.com/watch-v2?oprid=441

Another good diabetes site is Mastering Diabetes that is where I saw the docuseries signup.

Good luck to you and your grandmother!

Ann Marie xo

4+

Mrs. Love Chard
      Keymaster
      @Bethany

Awesome support coming together on this post, ladies!!! <3

Here's the diabetes plan ebook fro Dr. Fuhrman: https://www.drfuhrman.com/shop/products/185/dr-fuhrmans-transformation-20-diabetes-digital

Also, a really great whole food, plant based magazine is NAKED Food Magazine! You can order here: http://nakedfoodmagazine.com/subscriptions/

3+

Mrs. Love Chard
      Keymaster
      @Bethany

Also, I love my peeps over at Mastering Diabetes: https://www.facebook.com/LoveChardCommunity/posts/1582152401844014

2+

Sherrie
      Participant
      @wahminsc

Your grandmother and I have that love of cookbooks in common. The Eat to Live Quick and Easy Cookbook has a special Costco edition with more recipes. I wish I’d waited instead of pre-ordering it. The photos are gorgeous and if she’s not veggie or vegan, there are a few meat recipes included. Dr. Furhrman’s Diabetes e-book is excellent. She’ll also get a membership to the member’s site with it.

I wish this group was around when I was first diagnosed. I have other vegan groups on the topic, but the support here just rocks!

It takes less time than you would think to get the fasting glucose down to pre-Diabetic levels. She’ll have to keep notes on how she’s feeling and to reach out to her doc when her numbers drop. That way she can get her meds updated.

My in-laws, husband, Mom, one of my brothers, and I all have Type 2. My brother’s glucose was over 600 when he was diagnosed last year. They put him on insulin for a few months to help get it down quickly. That is terrifying. My highest reading to date is 248. I felt horrible and hubs suggested I take my blood pressure and glucose.

See what happens when my lunch break is at 3 am? Ramble, ramble.

Wishing her the best!

3+
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • The forum ‘[MOVED] General Chat’ is closed to new topics and replies.