4 replies, 3 voices Last updated by Kimberley 3 years ago
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Kimberley
      Participant
      @Kim

I’ve worked up slowly to 8/16 fasting. In my brain i think i read somewhere in The End of Diabites that Dr. Fuhrman recomended a 6 hour eating window for weight loss (10am and 4pm meals were his example). I think this is what @Bethany does as well. Can anyone confirm Dr Fuhrman’s recomndations as I can’t find it anymore? Thanks

1+

Kimberley
      Participant
      @Kim

Found it. It’s The End of Heart Disease, Radical Weight Reduction plan by our Dr. Fuhrman, page 247.
      “The easiest way to achieve this aggressive goal is to limit eating to two meals a day. That means a late brunch around 10am and an early dinner around 4pm. When you do this, fat burn accelerates because you spend more time in the fat-burning phase of the digestion be cycle.”

I’m going to work toward this, and try to use daylight savings time to trick my system a bit.

For those that follow this, does that mean you have your Smoothy often as a brunch dessert? I love my smoothies.

1+

Mrs. Love Chard
      Keymaster
      @Bethany

Yes! Keep in mind that the 10am and 4pm are suggestions… it can be 11 and 6 or 1 and 7. It’s a goal, not a rule… so make it work for you! If I have a smoothie, it’s typically part of my first meal because I almost always add cacao and since that has naturally caffeine, I don’t want it too close to bedtime.

1+

Bryoni
      Participant
      @Bryoni

I stop eating between 6 and 7 p.m. and start eating between 11 en 12 a.m. That works for me right now. I find it easy. so might start to stretch it a bit more.

Kimberley
      Participant
      @Kim

12pm to 6pm would match Dr fuhrman’s recomendations in The End Of Heart Disease, as he recommend a meal at 10am and a meal at 4pm. It would probably shift for each of us depending on our bed times, and trying to stop eating a few hours before bed. I go to bed early, where as I’m guessing Bethany is later.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘[MOVED] General Chat’ is closed to new topics and replies.