2 replies, 3 voices Last updated by Mr. Love Chard 3 years, 2 months ago
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Sheena
      Participant
      @Sheena83

I get headaches ALL. THE. TIME. But, one of my main triggers is hunger. And when I wake up and commit to eating healthy, I end up with a killer headache in the late afternoon and then I ruin my day while stuffing my face with fried carbs. Is this something that will just pass if I stick to it?? It’s so hard to work through these headaches!

Mrs. Love Chard
      Keymaster
      @Bethany

Definitely hang in there. What you’re describing sounds like feeding toxic hunger. I talk a bit about this in the 21 Day Roadmap course and the upcoming Cravings and Addictions course too, but think of it like withdrawal symptoms. When a person attempts to stop smoking cigarettes… they get headaches, crabby, can’t think about anything else, etc. Sound familiar? What eases those things/cravings?

A) Just giving in and smoking another cigarette. “All better.”

or B) Time, abstinence, crowding out the junk, and pushing through.

It’s a vicious cycle for sure, BUT it’s one you can overcome with time, abstinence, persistence, and filling that craving with something else — drinking some tea, eating an apple, going for a walk, etc.

PS: I used to have headaches ALL DAY EVERY DAY. I would go through a jumbo bottle of Ibprofen/Advil in a month. One of my 1:1 clients was the same way when we started working together last year. Now, headaches are very few and far between and they pretty much only come when she/we eat something NOT “on plan.”

YOU GOT THIS.

Mr. Love Chard
      Keymaster
      @Zane

I feel you with the headaches! I used to get headaches regularly before transitioning and then everyday while detoxing. But after you abstain from toxicity and eliminate the addictions… they become few and far between. Possibly even non existent.

When I started… I knew I could alleviate the headaches in several ways [1. take an Advil 2. stuff my face with healthy food. 3. reintroduce the toxins that were the culprit in the first place]. All 3 of these options, however just prolong the headaches unfortunately. Take Advil for instance… if you start taking 2 every time you have a headache… you will start to form a dependence on them and then when you take them away the headaches will start back again. Just like with the other two. It’s a vicious cycle.

Best way is certainly through complete abstinence and just push through the headaches and know they are a means to an end. There are other ways that can help such as exercise [releasing endorphins in your body feels good], chiropractic adjustments, acupuncture, staying well hydrated, etc. Hope this helps. 🙂

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘[MOVED] Struggles’ is closed to new topics and replies.