Home Forums [MOVED] General Chat Health Conditions

8 replies, 6 voices Last updated by Sherrie 3 years, 3 months ago
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

bjames
      Participant
      @bjames

I have been heavy most of my life. I had a gastric by pass 4 years ago and lost 200 pounds. I kept it off for 3 years. I got thyroid cancer and they took my thyroid out. That is when I gained 100 pounds back because they couldn’t get the thyroid meds to work. My issue is I am so confused of portion sizes for people like me. I get full easy but get hungry often. Since this is an issue I’m not sure of how to eat and how much of what type of food to eat. I’m confused. But it will get better. GO TEAM

Mr. Love Chard
      Keymaster
      @Zane

200 pounds… wow! That’s pretty amazing. Sorry to hear about past health issues and portion size struggles. One of the best things about this lifestyle is that there is really no need for portion control since all whole, plant-based foods are high micro-nutrient density and low calorie density.

While it’s great/health promoting to eat 3 satisfactory meals per day and eliminate snacking… it can definitely just be a goal to work towards. Best to get your foods right first, then worry about quantity 2nd.

Imagine this, you can eat a massive bowl of salad including other high fiber foods like beans that keep you full for hours and you’ve only eaten 5-600 calories, maybe. Versus eating a tiny bowl of mac n’ cheese that might have 1,500+ calories in it and won’t make or keep you full.

No need to worry about counting calories or portion control with this lifestyle because if you’re eating the right foods and not over eating, you won’t consume more calories than you will burn.

Just listen to your body, eat slowly, chew thoroughly, and  be mindful of the goals that you set for yourself. 😉

Sherrie
      Participant
      @wahminsc

You go!  That is fantastic!

I’m doing what Zane just suggested, focusing on the right foods before getting it down to three meals. For now, I’ve noticed that I need something else every 2-3 hours.  I just haven’t found my happy place yet.

We’ve got this!

bjames
      Participant
      @bjames

I like your last few words. We’ve got this. Thank you.

Brianna Sheridan
      Participant
      @Brilee03

Ladies, I have a question for you. How do you deal with your “monthly cravings” on a WFPB diet? I know there are so many yummy, compliant desserts but really, all I want is the bad stuff…

Mrs. Love Chard
        Keymaster
        @Bethany

A period course is on the upcoming list at some point! No release date yet though. What specifically do you mean by “bad stuff”?

Brianna Sheridan
        Participant
        @Brilee03

Mostly processed sugars and white flour! Donuts, cake, cookies, etc. I normally don’t eat those things at all (even when not WFBP) but goodness gracious, sometimes I just want it so badly!

Sherrie
        Participant
        @wahminsc

I used to crave sugar and chocolate.  Go Max Go bars were my go-to.  I’m looking for other ways to take on those cravings without a trip to Whole Foods or Earth Fare.  I’ve noticed that if I grab a spoonful of nut butter and the occasional vegan chocolate chip or two, I’m good.

Have you made avocado chocolate pudding yet?  So good!  I’m trying to get the recipe from the local chef who makes the one that I love, but she will not budge.

Allison
      Participant
      @Allison

I hear ya…I’ve had good luck with big gooey medjool dates. You can even sorta squish them to look like those mini fun sized candy bars.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The forum ‘[MOVED] General Chat’ is closed to new topics and replies.