Home Forums [MOVED] Say Hello Hello!

2 replies, 3 voices Last updated by Mr. Love Chard 3 years, 3 months ago
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Karen
      Participant
      @KWhit

Hi, I’m Karen. I’m 49, I work full-time as a graphic designer/manager. I am a mother of three my oldest (23) just moved out and moved further away than we liked but she is in our prayers as she searches for a job and tries to make it on her own. My son (18) just graduated and will start college this fall and our youngest daughter is 15. I married my high school sweet heart and we will be celebrating our 26th wedding anniversary next month.

In 2014, I finally decided enough was enough I was tired of feeling tired and run down. I was tired of clothes that didn’t fit, I was tired of pain in my feet, knees, and shoulder. I lost 57 lbs by counting calories and making better food choices and moderate exercise. Last year was very difficult I lost my dad to heart disease. I was his main care provider for the last 3-4 months of his life. My mom suffers some dementia so she wasn’t able to care for him by herself. Since dad passed away my mom has had 3 bad falls the last one resulting in a broken pelvis. I have been caring for her and overseeing all her financial affairs as well as holding down my full-time job and raising my family. Needless to say for the last year I have been putting everyone else’s needs ahead of my own. I gained 12 lbs and fell back into many of my old eating habits.

My husband is pre-diabetic and at his last doctor’s appt, his lab work came back with high cholesterol, not completely alarming but higher than the doctor liked. He does NOT want to go on medication for this so the doctor recommended the Forks Over Knives plan. He gave us 3 months to turn it around or he will probably have to go on meds. My husband said he was willing to try the plan because he does not want to go on any more meds. My husband and I both grew up on a farm and have always had meat for every meal. I have always cooked around the main course of meat, the WFPB diet is very challenging for me but I’m learning. I look forward to learning more about this lifestyle and in turn teaching it to my husband and kids.

Mguzman
      Participant
      @Mguzman

Hello Karen.  My name is Millie, nice to meet you.  I am also a working mom to 3.

This journey is new to me.  I am also looking forward to the journey.

Mr. Love Chard
      Keymaster
      @Zane

Congrats on 25 years! Mrs. Love Chard and I are going on our 3rd.

Sorry to hear about all of your families medical troubles. That must be extremely hard and frustrating. The good news is that you can do a lot to help your husband by reversing the damage that has been done and prevent anything getting worse in the future. It’s a long road, but I know you are strong and up for the challenge. 🙂

Great to hear you’ve found a doctor that recommends FOK!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘[MOVED] Say Hello’ is closed to new topics and replies.