Home Forums [MOVED] Say Hello Hello from Mr. Love Chard!

26 replies, 17 voices Last updated by Kerri 3 years ago
Viewing 18 reply threads
  • Author

Mr. Love Chard
      Keymaster
      @Zane

My name is Zane, but everyone around here calls me Mr. Love Chard. I am an entrepreneur of 5 years, husband for 2, cat father for 1.

Mrs. Love Chard
      Keymaster
      @Bethany

Hey Nutribabes! I’m Bethany, also known as Mrs. Love Chard. I’m your Head Ancho around here… chili pepper joke lol. I’ve been living this lifestyle since 2013 and a coach for it since 2015. So glad you’re all here… say hello!

Allison
      Participant
      @Allison

Hey everyone!  I’m Allison.  When I made the change to Eat to Live, my headaches disappeared.  I used to take pain killers almost every day because my head always hurt.  I’m working on being more consistent with my eating and nutrition so that I can drop some weight and look like me!  I live in Chicago right by Lake Michigan.  I take my doberman, Athena, to the dog beach everyday.  My husband, Joe, and I are master scuba divers, and we are always planning our next vacation (Hawaii in August!).  I run a swim program of 250 babies, kids, and adults.  Basically water = my life.  I’m so excited to get to know you all!

Mrs. Love Chard
        Keymaster
        @Bethany

Hey Allison! So glad you’re here! <3

KaylaRachille
      Participant
      @KaylaRachille33

Hi, everyone! I’m Kayla. I am new to the plant based lifestyle but I’m ready to jump in! I have been on a yoga journey since January of this year and it has been inconsistent but amazing. I love practicing yoga, taking nature walks, reading good books and using clay masks. I am huge animal lover which is another reason why the plant based lifestyle is appealing to me. I hope to one day work at an animal sanctuary! So glad to be able to connect with you all on here! 🙂

Mrs. Love Chard
        Keymaster
        @Bethany

So glad you’re here, Kayla! So pumped to be a part of your plant-based transition and lifestyle journey. I have been loving yoga lately, too! AND YES I want to work/volunteer at an animal sanctuary someday! 🙂

Allison
      Participant
      @Allison

Hiiii!!!

Terri
      Participant
      @tkane

Hello!  My name is Terri an I am so glad to be part of this group.  I will be turning 63 this month and look forward to a happy, healthy year…the year of the Nutribabe!

Mrs. Love Chard
        Keymaster
        @Bethany

Hi Terri!!! So glad you’re here. Can’t wait to get to know you even better. 2017… the year of the Nutribabe! LOVE IT. 🙂

VeganVieira
      Participant
      @VeganVieira

Hey everyone!

My name is Holly and I was first introduced to the Nutritarian lifestyle almost 13 years ago when I first read Eat to Live.  My teenage son was just a baby then and I’m so thankful that I was able to put that knowledge to use in terms of how I’ve fed my kids.  I’ve not been perfect and have drifted in and out of various phases of plant based eating sometimes eating far too many processed items.

I’m so glad to be here and I’m planning on kicking things off with a 6 week challenge where I follow the more strict E2L principles.  I need to change my palate and shed some pounds and generally just clean up my diet.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone!

Mrs. Love Chard
        Keymaster
        @Bethany

Welcome Holly! I hear ya on the too many vegan processed foods at times. What do you find that you gravitate towards in that category? Chips, cookies, etc.?

Glad you’re here! xoxo

Bryoni
      Participant
      @Bryoni

Hi everyone,

I’m Bryoni and i’m the single mother of a beautiful Little Monkey Cayden. Cayden is 3 years old. We live with my parents in Amsterdam (The Netherlands) since i’m going through a divorce. Hopefully we’ll have our own place this summer.

I’m creative and love anything nature <3 I’ve been an entrepreneur since i was 17 (i’m 31 now). And since April this year i’m studying to be a nutritionist.

One of my passions since the Roots last year, is helping parents with young children. So i will do that in the future. But first things first. Getting healthy myself and gaining knowledge <3

And i hope to move to Cambodia with my son within a couple of years (i need my ex his permission).

xoxo

Molly
        Participant
        @molly

Hi Byroni,

I feel for you.  It is tough being a single parent and tough living with folks.

Both are difficult.

Been there.  Done that.  Living on my own.  Single parenting…it does get easier.  The kids get older.

Hugs,

Molly

Mrs. Love Chard
        Keymaster
        @Bethany

Entrepreneur and Nutritionist! YES!!! I am so glad that you’re focused on yourself now so that you can soon help others. Filling your cup first is not selfish. 🙂 Happy to have you [and Cayden] part of Nutribabe Nation!

Sherrie
        Participant
        @wahminsc

Hi.  Hang in there.  Before I met my husband, I was a single mom of one and living with my mother.  It is tough, but you are tougher.

Molly
      Participant
      @molly

Hi Everyone, Molly Here!

So excited to do this.  I lost close to 70 lbs on ETL and have regained about 50…bummer.  I want to do it this time for good.  I have to remind myself that good food makes me feel good and not focus on the numbers.  I am an educator so I am off for the summer.  I hope to use it to engrain some nutritarian habits.

For me, I am looking at overcoming emotional eating…it is a struggle.

Happy 4th!

Mrs. Love Chard
        Keymaster
        @Bethany

“Good food makes me feel good… don’t focus so much on the numbers.” I love that, Molly. Happy to have you here! Let’s create sustainable and healthy eating habits and your ideal weight will follow in time. <3

Sherrie
      Participant
      @wahminsc

Hi, all!  It’s nice to meet you!

I’m Sherie, mom of 2 humans and 1 dog, wife of 1, and a nerd.  I have a cookbook problem and want to eat almost all of the goodness I see on the pages.  I’m a longtime veg (vegetarian or vegan on and off since the 90s) and working on cleaning my eating up more in hope that it can help ease the chronic pain that came with my spinal arthritis and Fibromyalgia and to get off Diabetes meds (T2). I also have to navigate around the meat-eating family that does not care about healthier food.  I cook what I want to cook and they are free to add what they want, but their tastes are less adventurous and I end up making the same thing over and over.

Anyway, I’m here for more motivation to either take on Aggressive Weight Loss or go full on Nutritarian with AWL coming at a later date.

I have a 5K and 10K to get ready for in 2018 and plan to take on another 5K in 2017 (the first was in January).  I walk for now, but plan to walk/run the events next year.

Let’s do this!

Brianna Sheridan
      Participant
      @Brilee03

Hi everyone! I’m Bri. I learned about the WFBP lifestyle 3 years ago when I was going to school to become a Family Nurse Practitioner. I’ve fluctuated with how closely I’ve stuck with it, but the closer I get to going all the way- the better I feel mentally and physically. I’m hoping this is the final ooomph I need 🙂 My husband and parents are very supportive, but I don’t think my friends know what to make of it. We live in Denver and I LOVE the outdoors- running, hiking, snowboading, you name it. SO happy to be here and meet you all!

Debbie
      Participant
      @Debbie

Hello

I live in Western Michigan just north of Grand Haven in Spring lake, been here 1 1/2 years from the Detroit area.  I’m 62, had been a processed and junk food vegetarian for over 20 years, Vegan/Plant based just over a year and on a weight loss and improved health journey.  I have lost 50 lbs, but more importantly gained my life back.  I’m halfway to my goal for weight loss, but I just feel better eating plant based.

I have 2 daughters in their early 40’s 1 grandson who will be 8 in August and 2 great son-in-laws.  I’m also the mom of 2 dogs, living in a condo on the second floor I get a lot of exercise taking them out 4-5 times a day up and down the 16 stairs.

Debbie

mreyes1977
      Participant
      @mreyes1977

My name is Melissa and I’m new to the Nutritarian lifestyle and trying to get the hang of thing. I am WFPBNO, but not quite eating a large salad every day. I’m married and I have 6 kids and one cat!

DeAnna
      Participant
      @Paisleygirl

Hello everyone! My name is DeAnna. I am a stay at home, homeschooling mom to one amazing boy. I have been married to the love of my life for 15 years. I have been a vegetarian for 15 years. I have been a vegan several times, but then life gets messy and I fall back into old habits. I have about 50 extra pounds to lose. I also have Chronic Bronchitis. This means that dairy is super bad for me. (as if it wasn’t anyway) 🙂 I have read Dr Fuhrman’s books and tried to be Nutritarian a few times. I must say that it wasn’t until the salad course a couple months ago that it really made sense to me. I ate huge salads for a couple weeks and lost 8 lbs. Then I had to have dental surgery. Eating salads was painful. So I went back to old habits. It is so hard to get back to eating healthy after a while. I’m glad you started this website. I desperately want to change my life, but need some support and guidance. I’m praying that this will help me to realize my goals and and drastically improve my life. I’m pretty determined to beat the Bronchitis that I have.

Excited to get to know everyone and make some major changes.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by DeAnna.

ChristinaLewis
      Participant
      @ChristinaLewis

Hey Everyone! I’m Christina..I’m married, have an almost 2 year old daughter, 2 dogs, 1 cat and I work in the medical field.  I first discovered E2L about 15 years ago.  It made so much sense to me, but I was never able to follow the lifestyle for any considerable amount of time.  I was young, busy..blah blah… had every excuse you could think of… bottom line I wasnt ready/didn’t know how to make my health and happiness a priority. After I had my daughter, my weight was at an all time high and I was so unhappy with myself.  I found the Love Chards on FB, dusted off my copy of E2L and have been working myself, my diet and improving my life ever since! I absolutely love the whole food plant based life and I’m so excited to learn and share this journey with everyone!

1+

DeAnna
      Participant
      @Paisleygirl

Hello everyone! I’m DeAnna. I have been married to my best friend for 13 years. We have one son who I homeschool. I read Dr. Furhmans books a few years ago. I have tried to be a Nutritarian in the past. To be honest, I have never loved the food that I have tried, though I really want to! I have been a vegetarian for 15 years. I have tried to be a vegan several times but for some reason or another I fall back into old habits. I have about 50 extra pounds to lose. I also have Chronic Bronchitis. This means that dairy is super bad for me (as if it wasn’t already). I am SO ready to be done with the way I have been living and start being healthy. I’m so excited to be doing this and I’m so thankful you started this website.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by DeAnna.

Amber
      Participant
      @Figero728

Hi Everyone! My name is Amber and I am so excited to be part of this group.  I am very new to the Nutritarian ways. I discovered it by way of watching the documentary “Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead”, a blogger who focuses on healing her histamine issues, and someone who wrote a book about healing herself of an autoimmune disorder related to a skin condition. All three of these people were aided in their healing by working with or following Dr. Furhman’s recommendations. This pattern caused me to look into his book Super Immunity.  It seemed interesting but (…ahem) tough to follow.  Then somehow I stumbled upon this bubbly, dancing, happy, and friendly role model who not only followed his protocols but seems happy about it. 🙂  I started watching her brunch break shows and thought hmm, maybe there really is something to this.  So when she said she was opening this program up, I decided to take it as a sign to give a try.  I just bought the Eat to Live book and have flipped through it but not totally read it.  I am starting from basically ground zero because I eat according to the standard american diet (and my emotions haha).  We just got back from vacation this evening so I am ready to dig in this week and figure out what on earth I have gotten myself into.  🙂

bjames
      Participant
      @bjames

Top of the day to everyone. I’m excited to become a part of this journey. GO TEAM

Kerri
      Participant
      @kermont

Hi Everyone!  My name is Kerri and I am so excited to be here!!!  I am married, have a daughter and 2 four legged kids (pups).  I have been vegetarian for many years.  I have attempted to go vegan quite a few times without success.  Over the years I have struggled with my weight and I have tried most diets while still following a vegetarian way of eating.  About 4 months ago I made the decision to go whole food plant-based.  I wanted to find a heathy way of eating that was a lifestyle – not a diet.  In the beginning, I was doing well with my eating but more recently I have either been eating junk vegan food or foods such as cheese, mayonnaise, and sweets.  I love eating plant-based and if I had someone to prepare the food for me I’d do fantastic! The prep is what causes me the most problems.  I find it to be such a chore!  I love when it is lunchtime and I realize I have healthy leftovers! (A WFPB personal chef is top on my list if I ever win the lottery!)  Two other challenges that I face are; I am an emotional eater and my husband and daughter do not want to give up unhealthy foods, so they are in my cupboards.  I know what I’m supposed to eat and what I’m not but I get lazy.  There is no other word for it!  I have joined FB groups and have read many books and articles but nothing has worked so far.  I am looking forward to the support in this group and I am hoping this will help me get over the final hump and I will succeed at making WFPB my way of eating!

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • The forum ‘[MOVED] Say Hello’ is closed to new topics and replies.