Home Forums [MOVED] General Chat Help – Any OIL-FREE Salad dressing recipes?

Tagged: 

12 replies, 7 voices Last updated by Kimberley 3 years, 1 month ago
Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author

Karen
      Participant
      @KWhit

Does anyone have any good salad dressing recipes that don’t call for oil?

2+

Mrs. Love Chard
      Keymaster
      @Bethany

YES! What type of dressing vibe are you going for? There are many suggestions in Session 5 of the Salad Course: https://nutribabenation.lovechard.com/lessons/session-5/

I also love this creamy one fro our recipe library: https://nutribabenation.lovechard.com/recipes/moms-garden-dressing/ 

1+

Karen
      Participant
      @KWhit

Thank you – I just needed to dig deeper into the salad course. It is hard to find time to watch all the videos. Our favorite store bought dressings are RANCH, FRENCH, and a fruit like Raspberry or something like that.

Mrs. Love Chard
      Keymaster
      @Bethany

Oh, definitely try this Jalapeno Ranch. The recipe in the print out for Session 5 of the Salad Course I think you would like, too. It’s a creamy cilantro lime. Additionally, pick up some raspberry balsamic vinegar or pomegranate red wine vinegar. Both GREAT for salads! Hy-Vee should carry both.

Debbie
      Participant
      @Debbie

I like to use silken tofu as the base and add garlic, lemon juice, dill, red wine vinegar and whatever else I think I would like. I don’t think I have made the same one twice. I don’t use many recipes just kind of throw things together that I like and it seems to usually work out.

Debbie
      Participant
      @Debbie

I also like flavored balsamic and aqua faba mix, have a blueberry and grapefruit ones now. Super simple..

Keli Klingshirn
      Participant
      @kjklingshirn

You can try Mrs Love Chard’s “Sweet Potato Hummus,” I put mine on a salad and use it as a dressing. It’s very tasty! Or flavored vinears. I live near a little store that has every flavor imaginable, it’s amazing!

2+

Sherrie
      Participant
      @wahminsc

For a sweet dressing like raspberry, blend the berries with a little vinegar and aquafaba or try a sweet hummus recipe.  I use hummus on my salads with a splash of vinegar more often than not.

And now I want a salad….

Karen
      Participant
      @KWhit

Thank you, everyone!

Kimberley
      Participant
      @Kim

Do you have any of Joel Fuhrman’s books to get recipes from? Hello Nutritarian has a free 7 day salad w book that has a different recipe each day. I like to make enough to last the week.

AnnMarie
      Participant
      @VeggieLover

When I first started this lifestyle someone told me to try a dressing of pomegranate juice, and a handful of cashews and to blend it up. It is still one of my faves, easy and quick too.

1+

Debbie
      Participant
      @Debbie

I like using Mrs Love chards sour cream/mayo then adding flavored balsamic and a little aqua faba to thin it out. Right now I have black cherry balsamic, sometime I just use apple cider vinegar with the balsamic. I don’t think I’ve made the same dressing twice, I just make enough for 4 or 5 days.

Kimberley
      Participant
      @Kim

dfr Fuhrman’s walnut vunaugrette is a favourite in our house

http://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe/dr-fuhrmans-walnut-vinaigrette-dressing-512810

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • The forum ‘[MOVED] General Chat’ is closed to new topics and replies.