Home Forums [MOVED] Say Hello Hi everyone!

5 replies, 3 voices Last updated by Mr. Love Chard 3 years, 3 months ago
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Brittany
      Participant
      @Brittany

Hello, my name is Brittany. I live in Anderson, Indiana with my boyfriend and his 13-year old daughter, as well as the most verbal and obnoxiously loud cat I have ever encountered in my life. We named her Kitty Kitty Meow Meow because of that lol. Whenever anyone leaves the house, especially her daddy, she sits at the window near the front door wailing as loud as possible for quite a while and then she will run frantically from window to window trying to find them. I think she has abandonment issues…she was a rescue kitty. Forget about trying to use the bathroom without her shooting in the door before you have a chance to close it. 🙂

Anyway, I’m a newbie to this lifestyle/way of eating. Although I have been reading about it and watching documentaries for probably about three years now, while at the same time, procrastinating on actually putting everything I’ve learned into action. Yes, I am one of those people lol. I have had several different things happen in the last year that have led me here, seeking help on how to actually make this happen for myself. This has been a very emotionally devastating year with some trauma and losing loved ones one after another after another before I could catch my breath and sanity from the last one. It has made me realize that life is precious, but very short and it can completely change in a second. My weight has gotten to the point that it is keeping me from being able to fully participate in life and enjoy the things I love doing. I just figured out today that I can’t even push-mow my own yard (not that mowing is one of the things I love doing). My BF usually does it, but he is out of town. I mowed for about twenty minutes and couldn’t go on any longer. I was so out of breath and in so much pain in my back and legs that I quit. There are a few sections of the yard that’s been mowed, so now it just looks crazy out there. My bestie is going to come over tonight and do the rest for me. It’s humiliating to have to ask him to do that. I hate asking anyone for help. I am only thirty-three years old. I should be able to push-mow my own yard without feeling like I need an ambulance. I am 300+ pounds now and it is breaking my body down.

I was thinking just a couple days ago that I live in a great location for getting healthier…I just need to take advantage of it. I have a great gym just a couple blocks away from my house and a state park that is about a seven-minute drive away. But I think I need to get some of this weight off before I start working out hard-core. I have degenerative disc disease, and all this weight makes just everyday activities like grocery shopping an extremely painful process. This way of eating will help me get some weight off so I can start exercising without as much pain hopefully. And I absolutely love animals and hate what they go through just so we can eat animal products that aren’t even necessary for our health…so it just makes sense to immerse myself in this lifestyle. I just need help. My BF and his daughter are not going to do this with me, but I’m hoping that eventually they will see the benefits and maybe become more open-minded about it. One of my problems is I’m a lazy eater. I don’t like spending much time thinking about or preparing what I’m going to eat. I don’t really like spending much time doing anything for myself…I’m always doing for everyone else. I realize that it going to have to change. But if anyone has any ideas on short-cuts or healthy ready-to-eat options that can be purchased at the grocery, that would probably help me a lot until I get the hang of this.

Thank you for reading all this and I hope to get to know all of you and that we can all help each other on our journeys.

Sherrie
      Participant
      @wahminsc

Hi and welcome!

I tried to push mow our yard and failed.  I think the blades need sharpening – any ideas on how to do that at home?

My hubs and kids are not on this path, either.  The kids are crazy healthy, thankfully.  Short cuts for meals here include batch cooking rice, beans, 2-3 days of cooked veggies, and prepping veggies for a salad bar.   For tonight’s dinner, I took some pre-prepped stuff from the freezer for them and it will go in the pressure cooker to start and finish off in the oven.  I’ll grab a mix of the beans, rice, and veggies from the refrigerator for my dinner.  I do the same thing for lunch (or eat leftover dinner) and keep frozen and fresh fruit on hand for fruit bowls (with or without oats, ‘yogurt’, or nuts).

Play with the shopping list and go from there.  It gets easier with time and practice. 🙂

Brittany
        Participant
        @Brittany

Thank you for the tips Sherrie! That helps a lot. I’m thinking of making a trip to Trader Joe’s soon. There is one about 45 minutes away from me. I’ve never been there…are there any must haves from there that fit this lifestyle?

Mr. Love Chard
      Keymaster
      @Zane

Enjoyed reading and welcome, Brittany! My sincere condolences of your lost loved ones.

There are many easy tips and tricks for easy healthy meals [Especially at Trader Joe’s]… but first I’d like to address a couple positives about your post.

1. Our little fuzz ball can’t stand being locked out of the bathroom either. Bathroom privacy isn’t something we experience in this household. You’re not alone.

2. Don’t feel bad about not finishing the yard… now we have a great looking back point to track progress. Next time we will finish it… and the next time it will go even faster.

3. There is nothing wrong with asking for a little help and it’s good that you did. Your friends knows that you will do anything for him if he needs an extra hand. 😉

4. You wrote about not usually doing much to focus on yourself but focusing on what you can do for others instead. I totally get this… I’d like to use the analogy of riding in an airplane. The oxygen masks drop down… what do you do first? If you help those around you first… how many can you help before you can’t help anymore?

If you make sure that YOU are right and ok first… then imagine how many you can help after? 😉

5. 300 lbs right now means the before and after photos are going to be awesome! Take a second right now and just imagine posting your first before and after photos to your social media. Put yourself in that moment seeing all of the hearts and wows and likes and congratulations roll in. Pretty powerful motivator. 😉

Suggestions on food starting out: I would say head to the grocery store and pick a few things that you know you like to get you started. No need to go all out on your first trip… you can add different new things as you go. Mrs. Love Chard and I are actually headed to Trader Joe’s for a date tonight. 🙂

If you don’t want to do much chopping/prepping… you can buy prechopped salad ingredients like romaine, pico de gallo, salt free canned beans or no salt/no oil added hummus, etc.

If you have a high powered blender… it’s also really easy to keep frozen berries and other fruit like mangos or pineapple in the freezer for smoothies. We buy loads of bananas and just peel, break into thirds, and place in a large ziploc for the freezer. That’s a great fast addition to your meals that helps keep you full.

Send us a pic of your grocery shopping haul and let us know what you’re trying. 😉

Mr. Love Chard
      Keymaster
      @Zane

Warning: array_flip(): Can only flip STRING and INTEGER values! in /home/lovechar/public_html/nutribabenation/wp-content/plugins/buddyboss-media/includes/bbpress/class-bbm-bbpress-media.php on line 331

On our TJ’s date and took a few pics of some easy grab n’ go type stuff.

Mr. Love Chard
      Keymaster
      @Zane

A couple more. 😉

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘[MOVED] Say Hello’ is closed to new topics and replies.