Home Forums Nutribabe Diary & Goals Holly's 6 Week Challenge

28 replies, 3 voices Last updated by Mrs. Love Chard 3 years, 4 months ago
Viewing 17 reply threads
  • Author

VeganVieira
      Participant
      @VeganVieira

I’m starting another topic/thread to document my 6 week journey adhering to the more strict plan set out by Dr. F in E2L. I’m going to use my nutrition tracker to document my journey and use this thread for accountability.

5+

VeganVieira
      Participant
      @VeganVieira

So today is day 3 of my 6 week plan challenge. re reading E2L was the best decision ever as I’m focused and determined.

I made 2 of the recipes from the Mexican Meal Prep course; the chili and cheesy hummus. Both are absolutely fantastic and are contributing to the ease of on plan eating this week. I’ve never blended sweet potato into chili – fantastic idea that creates an awesome creamy texture.

I made the red velvet nice cream from the Fuhrman cookbook last night and it was fantastic. I was sick of just bananas and this was exactly the guilt free treat I needed. It does have a couple of dates but my serving only had one so I count that as compliant.

Last night was a challenge as I only had literally 5 minutes to have dinner before I ran to a parent meeting at the school. Thankfully I had a base salad prepped along with the hummus to create a quick meal.

Off to lift weights for the second time this week!

3+

Mrs. Love Chard
        Keymaster
        @Bethany

FANTASTIC! So glad you love the Sweet Potato Chili and Cheese-y Hummus Dip! 🙂

1+

Kimberley
      Participant
      @Kim

I have to ask. Which fuhrman book was the red velvet nice cream from?

Sounds like your making amazing progress. Congrats.

VeganVieira
        Participant
        @VeganVieira

I think from the new ‘quick’ cookbook but I will confirm tonight and let you know.

1+

VeganVieira
        Participant
        @VeganVieira

Ok I lied. The recipe is from the original cookbook. Made it last night and it was delicious.

1+

VeganVieira
      Participant
      @VeganVieira

Day 4 and still going strong. A little sore from the weights but I haven’t lifted consistently in a bit so that’s to be expected.

Intake is awesome! 2 large salads yesterday, a green smoothie, and dinner was salad, tofu and the cauliflower wing recipe from this site. I stopped eating after dinner last night and didn’t eat until noon this morning. I fasted for 17 hours and it wasn’t even painful! I don’t remember the last time I haven’t followed dinner with something even if it was nutritarian. I’m also not sure why I always assumed it would be so incredibly difficult. With a cup of herbal tea, it was easy!

I’m really feeling like I have some good momentum. The weekend will be trickier I’m sure but I’m determined to keep on keeping on.

1+

Kimberley
      Participant
      @Kim

Yay Vieira! What a breakthrough!

VeganVieira
      Participant
      @VeganVieira

Day 5 today.

Just lifted weights for the third time this week which was my goal. I also fit in one cardio session yesterday and will definitely do at least one over the weekend which means I’ve smashed my workout goals for week 1!

Weekday dinners are difficult for me since I’ve on the go with my daughter almost every night (she’s a competitive dancer and gymnast). Last night I kept it simple and had a half cup of cooked oats with blueberries and the rest of the cauliflower wings. Works for me. Lunch every day this week has been a huge salad with some chili.

Weekends are the most challenging for me and definitely hold the most temptation. I feel good going in and will just stick with it and keep it going. I’m excited to see how many pounds I’ve lost this first week when I weigh myself on Monday.

1+

VeganVieira
      Participant
      @VeganVieira

Day 7. I’ve made it a full week at 100% compliance!

I did an insanity cardio workout today and eating has been on par. Making a double batch of Tomato Bisque soup from the original cookbook shortly to eat for the week. It’s my kids favorite soup. Base salad is prepped and in the fridge with a date, ginger, turmeric dressing. I’m feeling great and I’m looking forward to stepping on the scale tomorrow.

I also met my workout goal and did 3 weight workouts and 2 cardio workouts this week. The only thing missing was a yoga session 🙂

1+

Kimberley
      Participant
      @Kim

7 days is amazing. Way to go. Difinatly the hardest 7 days of eating Nutritarian.

5 workout to!

When i’m rushed I often just throw a veg/bean soup in a thermos and drink it on the go. Just add an apple. Then for my other meal i can take my time and have my big salad.

VeganVieira
      Participant
      @VeganVieira

Day #8 and I’m prepped and ready. Going to lift weights today and I have a nice salad and soup packed along with a green smoothie. Going to fast until 11 or so and then do my workout.

Stepped on the scale this morning and I’m down 3.5 pounds from my first week. I’m also beginning my cycle so I’m quite happy with that loss considering I definitely have some water retention going on. I can’t wait to see what the 6 weeks will bring!

2+

VeganVieira
      Participant
      @VeganVieira

Day #9 here and I’m feeling good. last night was tough as I didn’t have time for dinner. Had an issue at work and it ended up blowing up my night. I was starving and ended up eating a handful of cashews (ok maybe 3) and some chocolate covered seed clusters. Interestingly despite the fact that I messed up since there was a small amount of sugar in the dark chocolate and I overate the nuts, I feel awesome. I had the clusters last night and really enjoyed what I had but it didn’t send me into a binge. I had a couple and then put the rest back in the bag and moved on. And even better than that, I didn’t wake up feeling defeated. I woke up, considered that I veered slightly and then was proud of myself for stepping off the track vs. falling off. To me, this is a bigger win than the weight I’ve lost so far! This means, I can do it. This means I can keep it up and live this way.

So now, I’m determined to get back to the sweet spot of 100% compliance and continue getting the results I am after!

1+

VeganVieira
      Participant
      @VeganVieira

Day 10 – still going strong. Did a turbo kick class yesterday at lunch and it was tough. I tend to lift weights a lot however I don’t do a lot of cardio so I’m definitely not used to that level of intensity. It was nice to work up a sweat though.

My period is on full force and my digestive system is unhappy so I’m not going to lift weights today as planned. I’ve been working too much and sleeping too little so it’s time for a little self care.

1+

Kimberley
      Participant
      @Kim

Sleep is just as important to weight loss and health. I good reminder to us all.

1+

Mrs. Love Chard
      Keymaster
      @Bethany

Holly — checking in with you girl! 🙂 How’s it going?

1+

VeganVieira
        Participant
        @VeganVieira

Thanks for the check in! I’m doing okay – not fab but okay. Work has been overwhelmingly busy so I haven’t been food prepping as much as I’d like but I’m doing okay. I am now dealing with a stomach illness of some sort and can’t eat so I will get back to my daily posts once I have something to share 🙂

I am looking forward to the hosted challenge coming up! I need to get back being consistent in the gym as well since I’ve been slacking because of work.

3+

Mrs. Love Chard
      Keymaster
      @Bethany

Hoping you feel better soon! Fast, rest, water. <3

2+

VeganVieira
      Participant
      @VeganVieira

I’m quiet but I’m still here. I’ve not been 100% as I ate some refined stuff when I was down and under (which is silly I know!). And better yet I’m back to a solid workout routine so I’m feeling great! I’m back to lifting and doing some cardio and have been consistently hitting the gym 5 times a week.

Weigh in is this weekend. I’m excited to see what the scale reads 🙂

3+

Mrs. Love Chard
        Keymaster
        @Bethany

This is so great! PROGRESS. <3

1+

VeganVieira
      Participant
      @VeganVieira

Still here and going strong. Going to make an effort to get back into the accountability posting.

I’ve been eating 100% raw this week as I’m trying to avoid a full blown cold. Everyone around me has had this awful chest infection that seems to last for a month and I felt the beginning s of some chest congestion a few days ago so I decided to juice and drink smoothies and eat salads. So far so good. Interestingly the heartburn that I’ve been plagued with recently is now nonexistent since I’ve been eating only raw foods.

3+

Mrs. Love Chard
        Keymaster
        @Bethany

Consider adding apple cider vinegar, ginger, and turmeric as well. Interesting about the heartburn… let’s keep this in mind if/when you start to add in cooked foods so we can find the culprit.

2+

VeganVieira
        Participant
        @VeganVieira

Funny I have been using apple cider vinegar and lemon juice as my salad dressing as well so maybe that’s helping. Still keeping my diet clean and raw with a little lentils here and there. Going to wait a couple more days and then add in some more cooked food. I feel really well giving my body a break! And I’m down 6 pounds which is a nice bonus.

2+

Mrs. Love Chard
        Keymaster
        @Bethany

YAY 6 pounds congrats!!!

1+

VeganVieira
      Participant
      @VeganVieira

So I’m adding some cooked food back into my diet to try to slow down my digestion. I was having a too fast transit time with some cramping so I tried some oatmeal this morning and it was delicious! Funny how much I have missed my regular foods.

One practice I have really been enjoying is juicing. I’m thinking of making juice every two days making enough for 2 servings so I can break my nightly fast with a vegetable juice.

2+

VeganVieira
      Participant
      @VeganVieira

So my new thing is blended salads. Last night I filled my blender with celery, zucchini, collards, carrots, broccoli sprouts, avocado, lemon and 1 apple. Blended it all with water and got 5 bottles of blended salad out of it. The taste is very mild and delicious. Not at all offensive like you’d think and SO nutritious. A nice change from my typically fruit heavy smoothies.

2+

Mrs. Love Chard
        Keymaster
        @Bethany

This is great! I love loading them with spinach and kale, too. <3

1+

VeganVieira
        Participant
        @VeganVieira

That’s what I usually do. Put 2 pieces of fruit in the blender with a shit ton of greens. I really never thought of blending hard veggies with very little or no fruit. My dad was over last weekend and he was drinking them and totally inspired me. He is very committed to his health and nutrition and actually healed himself from an autoimmune condition by fine tuning his already very good diet. He is more nutritarian than I am! 🙂

3+

Mrs. Love Chard
        Keymaster
        @Bethany

YAY, go dad!!!! <3

1+
Viewing 17 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.