Home Forums Nutribabe Diary & Goals Holly's Goals

12 replies, 3 voices Last updated by Kimberley 3 years ago
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

VeganVieira
      Participant
      @VeganVieira

– 100% WFPB without sweating the small stuff (portions, the odd post dinner banana ice cream, grains)
      – Focusing on NO oil or processed grains/sugar (ie vegan junk food)
      – Lift weights X3 per week
      – Cardio X2
      – Cook at least 1 huge batch or soup per week to help with busy nights with kids activities and for work lunches

For now…

2+

Mrs. Love Chard
      Keymaster
      @Bethany

YESSSSSS! Crush it, girl. Love all of this!

1+

VeganVieira
      Participant
      @VeganVieira

Day 1 today after some dietary indiscretions over Thanksgiving. I am committing to 30 days of this lifestyle right here and now!

I was super busy with hosting so I didn’t meal prep on the weekend however that isn’t going to stop me. I made a GGS smoothie this morning and brought some frozen cheesy kale soup (try it if you haven’t already! – it’s a Fuhrman recipe!) and some tahini dressing. I will purchase an undressed salad to go along with my soup since I won’t be home until close to 8 and so will need a decent sized lunch. Dinner may be the other half of my green smoothie since I have very little at home at the moment. I may need to send the hubby to the grocery store. I do have some squash and so hopefully I will have enough time to throw together a quick soup tonight before bed so the kids and I have some for the next few days.

3+

VeganVieira
      Participant
      @VeganVieira

Day 1 was okay. I wasn’t prepped so I didn’t get in all my GBOMBS but I made sure everything I ate was nutritarian. I didn’t get time to make the soup so I need to fit in some prep tonight or the whole family will starve 🙂

Going to hit Costco tonight and stock up on veggies and fruit and make some squash and apple soup. I’m thinking I will add in some red lentils to it and see how that works out.

2+

Mrs. Love Chard
        Keymaster
        @Bethany

“I didn’t get in all my GBOMBS but I made sure everything I ate was nutritarian.” — YESSS WIN!

1+

VeganVieira
      Participant
      @VeganVieira

Day 2 turned out fabulous! I went to Costco and stocked up on fruit and veg and made a large base salad! I also made roasted apple and squash soup which was fantastic. I am prepped and ready for today and the next couple days!

I haven’t been eating my usual amount of beans so I need to work on adding those in. It’s very unusual for me to not have my cup of beans per day so I’m surprised that I’m not hungry without them.

Admittedly I haven’t been working out this week. I wanted to focus on getting the food right for the first few days. I will add in some cardio and weights this weekend. Maybe some yoga on Friday.

Day 3 here we go!

2+

Mrs. Love Chard
        Keymaster
        @Bethany

You’re on a roll… let’s do this!

2+

VeganVieira
      Participant
      @VeganVieira

Day four here we are…

I have a very green smoothie in my bag that has a whole head of romaine plus kale and spinach. For lunch I have some soup and a salad packed as well. I made a yummy dressing with dates, fresh ginger and a few cashews. Even my 6 year old loves it!

Not sure what’s for dinner tonight but I do know that I will be doing the Mexican meal prep course stat so I can tuck into some Mexican food!

Planning to lift some weights at lunch and do a quick 30 minute yoga flow class. I am so grateful to have a gym at my office

1+

VeganVieira
      Participant
      @VeganVieira

So I’m re-reading Eat to Live and I think it was the best decision ever! His passion is so infectious that; how could anyone not be motivated?? I did have some slip ups over the weekend – nothing crazy but not on plan. I’m been pushing forward and feeling good but I’ve decided to really tighten up and follow the 6 week plan as outlined in E2L. I’m going to take Dr. Furhman’s advice and not try but just do it. I’m sick of feeling this way. Sick of weighing this much and sick of being a hypocrite when I talk to my kids about healthy living. I need to get my BMI down to a healthy level and I want to take the fastest route there. I just know once I get a few days of compliance behind me, I will be just fine. If I can commit for 6 weeks, I know I can achieve some fantastic results! The 6 weeks will pass anyway so I’m going to make them fantastic.

Did I mention I had my biometric screening at work yesterday? Yes I had my weight, cholesterol, blood sugar, body fat, blood pressure and BMI tested. Bloodwork and blood pressure were wonderful but my other markers were not. Time to change before the weight effects the other biomarkers!

Off to start a new 6 week challenge thread for myself. I will post daily and keep myself accountable. Yes!

2+

Mrs. Love Chard
        Keymaster
        @Bethany

“The 6 weeks will pass anyway so I’m going to make them fantastic.” Music to my ears! Let’s do this!!!

1+

VeganVieira
        Participant
        @VeganVieira

Thanks! I was wondering if you’d agree with the shift in my approach. I want (and deserve) the best damn results so I need to put in the work to earn them! I’d rather aim high and just get it done. The extra weight is negatively effecting my health so why wouldn’t I use that laser focus you talk about and just get it the F done!

2+

Mrs. Love Chard
        Keymaster
        @Bethany

If this FIRE in you stays lit [just keep throwing vegetables on it]… you will SOAR. Let’s ROCK.

1+

Kimberley
      Participant
      @Kim

Yay Holly! All in was the only thing that worked for me. Every day 100% makes the next day easier. You got this.

2+
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.