Home Forums [MOVED] Struggles I need a WHEN/THEN plan for travel

1 reply, 2 voices Last updated by Mrs. Love Chard 3 years, 1 month ago
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Julie.Taylor
      Participant
      @Julie.Taylor

I travel frequently for work and spend my day in a conference room with executives from client company.

We always order in food for lunch so we don’t have to stop working.

Last week, day one, they ordered in a mix of Panera sandwiches (we didn’t get to choose in advance). Day 2 was pizza. Day 3 was white bread subs. I did have vegetarian options, but not plant-based.

This happens to me all the time and I haven’t come up with a good plan.

I always travel by air. Sometimes I get a hotel with a kitchen, sometimes a hotel with only a mini-fridge and sometimes no fridge. Sometimes I arrive early enough to go to a grocery store and sometimes not. I have used grocery delivery services.

The boardroom food situation is always awkward. At times I have made beans and rice and packed my own lunch….it always raises eyebrows, but I can live with that.

Anybody have any ideas? Are there other forum posts that I should look at?

Mrs. Love Chard
      Keymaster
      @Bethany

Are you able to bring your own food and heat it up? Even cold would be an option. Think pre-cooked quinoa, rice, or farro in sealed packages [Target has these — the Simply Balanced brand] plus a can of beans or oven toasted crunchy chickpeas and a small jar/side of salsa. An apple or banana or Lara Bar as well, something that travels easy and doesn’t need a fridge.

Is it a fresh, gourmet meal? No, but it IS an ideal lunch in this situation over pizza. 😉 Their raised eyebrows have no control over what you put in your mouth, right? Smile and ask if they would like to share your lunch with you… that always gets a laugh and makes things more light hearted for me.

<3

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘[MOVED] Struggles’ is closed to new topics and replies.