Home Forums [MOVED] General Chat Ideal Weight

Tagged: , ,

4 replies, 4 voices Last updated by Mrs. Love Chard 2 years, 12 months ago
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Kerri
      Participant
      @kermont

I know that the main goal of this lifestyle is not the number on the scale but I saw what Dr. Fuhrman has recommended as our ‘ideal’ weight. For females, it is 95 lbs for the first 5 feet and 4 lbs for each inch after that. I haven’t been what he considers my ideal weight since I was in college (and that was a long time ago)!

I was just wondering how everyone felt about how obtainable that is. Don’t get me wrong, I’d love to be that weight again but I don’t want to set unrealistic goals for myself. 🙂

2+

Debbie
      Participant
      @Debbie

Warning: array_flip(): Can only flip STRING and INTEGER values! in /home/lovechar/public_html/nutribabenation/wp-content/plugins/buddyboss-media/includes/bbpress/class-bbm-bbpress-media.php on line 331

I had read that too but did not think it realistic for me, I’m 5’1″ to think that I should weigh 99 lbs well that”s just not going to happen. My goal is to get down to 140-150, I felt good at that weight and still have the clothes. This was me at 150 size Medium top and size 10-12 pant.

1+

Kimberley
      Participant
      @Kim

I have seen this topic go so explosive in communities. I think most people see it as an unrealistic weight.

In all his more recent books and talks Fuhrman stresses a waist below 32″ for a female and 35″ for a male as being no longer risky overweight. Fuhrman says a BMI of 22.5 as the maximum acceptable weight. I like these as goals. If your BMI is below 22.5 and your waist below 32″, your in the longevity and health zone.

My BMI is now below 22.5, but my waist is still skipping over 32″ some days. So that’s dangerous visceral fat i still need to get rid of.

I have talked to other advanced Nutritarian who do consider themselves at their ideal weight, as there waist and BMI have them in the Fuhrman healthy zone. They’ve gone to see Fuhrman and scans have shows dangerous visceral fat from years of yo-yo dieting.

I’m 5.3″ so my healthy fuhrman weight range is 110-126 pounds. That’s a big range. I have been at that lowest number and been muscular and fit competing in high level soccer, but it’s not my goal. I watch my waist. Since I’m petite I’m aiming to be half my height at my belly button circumfrance. I like this because it adjusts for tall and short people. I can also look at my body now, as I’m close and a waist of 31.5″ will be within 10 pounds of the “ideal” you mentioned.

Fuhrman also says it can take up to 8 years to lose all the visceral fat , so i don’t want to set myself up for a now goal that isn’t realistic.

So my goal is a waist under 32″ and a BMI under 22.5. Most important goal to keep eating ETL so that I will continue to get rid of visceral fat. Fuhrman says if you keep eating ETL your weight will naturally over time settle into your ideal weight.

3+

Kerri
      Participant
      @kermont

Thank you so much for this information! Those goals are so much more obtainable!

1+

Mrs. Love Chard
      Keymaster
      @Bethany

Great question, Kerri. That “calculation” in his books [the height] I find is confusing/frustrating for people. First off, it doesn’t account for muscle! Kim’s response was great — there are soooo many factors and it does take literally years to lose the fat that is buried deep in our bodies. A waist to hip ratio is a great indicator in addition to what you’re eating, exercise, how you’re feeling, bloodwork, etc. The scale… oooh the scale is a tricky little thing. <3

2+
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘[MOVED] General Chat’ is closed to new topics and replies.