Home Forums [MOVED] Struggles In My Own Way

3 replies, 3 voices Last updated by LisaForester 3 years, 3 months ago
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Twilight
      Participant
      @Twilight

Puzzled by my resistance to verbally stating and actively eating 100% on board! Stressing myself out about “what my problem” is..This morning I woke up and looked on the counter at a bag of organic sweet potatoes, a bag of onions, and a bag of super sweet cherry tomatoes from a girl’s garden at work.

I literally started sweating with the thought ” I see nothing here at all to eat, but nutritarian people would look at this and see many meal possibilities.” I wanted to cry upon feeling the “lost” feeling of what I could(n’t) do with that food & stressed by  sweating at having the mere thought. Next thought was “Should I try to get to a store today and get “right” food so I’m eating something to get back on track? After all were moving the office today so there’s no fridge, water dispenser, coffee machine, etc.” …Then I think no way. No clue/nothing to get quick without tons of thought and planning..& just not gonna happen.. no where to keep it, won’t be satisfying, and it’s too much to toy around with this food thing today in the middle of it all when I have to stress how to get to the store in the 1st place and on what to buy!

Soooo a repeat of failing to “start” has just happened ahain today. I will be ordering lunch in when the rest of the office crew does..maybe my boss will buy pizzas…I just don’t know, but I do know it’s a major struggle trying to just put my foot in a stirrup, let alone sit back on the saddle..a huge puzzling struggle that brings me to tears when i think too much about it…I don’t know how to stop the insanity.

I don’t have that creative eye to whoop something up from onions sweet potatoes and tomatoes…but I see it there and know it’s food I’m supposed to enjoy!!! Soon it will be trash..more reason to cry over tri-fold waste..and I just don’t get it..failed at this nutritarian lifestyle so much since March that it’s almost an exhausting draining feeling to think about wanting to try again and have it be the FINAL time I DO.  So there’s my vulnerable true staring struggle #1 can anyone relate or help? I’m feeling very over it and wondering where the clear path is to get ob and begin again on..But I can’t even think beyond these resistant thoughts I’m having all the time in order to think ok..what’s the first step…the very first, step #1 from here…

…. So I’m feeling desperate enough to “put it out there”! Very stressed over this. Off I go now, to go move our office to the 3rd floor at work.

Thanks for reading.. ANY and ALL advice or feedback is welcomed and appreciated. I just want to eat healthy feel healthy and be healthy so everything else in my life flows in that way too.

Mrs. Love Chard
      Keymaster
      @Bethany

Twila, I am so glad you shared! I, too, once felt all of these things. It’s hard to imagine life different than what you’re used to. Self-doubt and fear are real with thoughts like “Will I fail? Is it realistic?”

What helped was me personally was to really get honest with myself, cut the excuses, and get to work. Even though I was scared and didn’t know what I was doing! I had to start making some changes with my actions and thoughts.

I want to direct you to some clips and resources to watch and dive into, as it really is important to keep moving forward. It’s totally ok to feel allllll the emotions… but you don’t want to LIVE THERE forever, you know?

– 21 Day Roadmap Course
      – [Video clip] There is no “starting over”
      – [Video clip] Bigger than your excuses – Quick guide to goal setting

PS: Putting my coach hat on here… If you think something’s going to suck and be super hard, then it probably will be. BUT if you shift your mindset into things like: “I’m going to enjoy this journey, I am going to keep moving forward and do my best. I’ll ask questions and take action and figure out what I really want in life. It might be a challenge, but I’ll remain open and passionate about my health. I won’t give up!” …then THAT’S how your journey will look most of the time.

So… which story do you want to tell yourself? xoxo

LisaForester
      Participant
      @LLFORESTER

Hi! I’m so glad you shared! I went through this ‘nowhere to keep it,’ ‘too much trouble to carry it around,’ thing just this past weekend! I had 3 days where I wasn’t allowed to carry anything and had no idea if I’d get to eat at all! Here’s what I did! I put each of the following in 1 sandwich ziplock: 1 cup lentils, carrot and celery sticks (as many as fit), 1 sliced banana, steamed broccoli, steamed cauliflower, raw spinach, diced bell peppers. Then I stuffed my pockets!! And I added a spoon! It turned out they provided a bag I could leave in the office (still no refrigerator), but that first day I didn’t go hungry!! And the other two days I brought paper plates and still used my ziplock system! A lot of management people asked where I got my beautiful food, I’m sure they were jealous! Even the security when I entered commented how healthy and beautiful my food was!! Just jump in! It will all be fine, and you’re not alone!

LisaForester
      Participant
      @LLFORESTER

Warning: array_flip(): Can only flip STRING and INTEGER values! in /home/lovechar/public_html/nutribabenation/wp-content/plugins/buddyboss-media/includes/bbpress/class-bbm-bbpress-media.php on line 331

I forgot I had photos (cause I’m an ocd geek about photographing my food).

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘[MOVED] Struggles’ is closed to new topics and replies.