Home Forums Nutribabe Diary & Goals Jen's 100 day goals

15 replies, 4 voices Last updated by Jennifer 2 years, 5 months ago
Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author

Jennifer
      Participant
      @Bluescarf

These were my goals I set for myself about a month ago.

Goals:
      -Exercise (yoga or elliptical) 30 min 5 times a week
      -Learn new recipes that will KILL my sweet tooth and my dairy addiction
      -Stop excuses – ex. having unhealthy food around as a “reward” for students
      -Eat 2-3 meals daily; no snacking
      -Eat whole-food, plant-based diet
      -Eliminate refined sugar and grains, oils, dairy, processed foods
      -No addition of extra salt on foods
      -Carry water bottle with me
      -Use summer canned veggies and squashes up
      -Lose 30 lbs by June (below obese BMI), 50 lbs by 40th birthday
      -Meal and salad toppings prep on weekends

4+

Jennifer
      Participant
      @Bluescarf

I was not inspired to begin until the 100 day challenge (Jan 29th) when I went cold turkey off junk.

So far, I lost 10 lbs in the first week. Since then, I have only lost 4 lbs. But that’s ok. I’m feeling good.

I’ve been less consistent as I would like at taking my courses due to some time constraints with work right now. I have tried to watch on Saturday mornings or on my way home from work. I will keep trying to set time for that.

Exercise has been 3-4 days a week instead of five. Parent teacher conferences and quiz bowl practice and meets have taken some nights away from me. Other nights I’m tired. I’ve been doing well with learning new recipes and Heather at work has shared many things from me, as she’s been doing this lifestyle for a year or so. She made me nacho cheese and taco jackfruit meat this week! 🙂

I have been snacking on corn chips (one tortilla-compliant) and a bit of compliant salsa at night. I have also changed from overnight oats to a smoothie in the mornings. Perhaps too many calories from fruits for weight loss?

I’ve done very well with eliminating refined sugar and grains, oils, dairy, and processed foods. None since Jan 28th 🙂

I’ve did better this past week with meal prep on the weekend, but I will cook a dinner meal during the week and eat it a few times a week. Finding I am spending too much time in the kitchen when I do that. I get home from work at 5:30, workout, then am in the kitchen until 8 some nights cooking and cleaning up. It tends to be frustrating because then I go to bed at 9 or 9:30 with little time to relax. I’m trying to get better at cooking faster.

Like I said, I feel good and my co-worker noticed I look like I feel good and have a better attitude, so I’m inspired to keep going! 🙂

2+

Jennifer
      Participant
      @Bluescarf

Most common eats:

Breakfast is a chocolate cherry smoothie (yes with one date), or overnight oats with berries, cinnamon, and almond milk
      Lunch 1lb salad with black beans (sometimes sweet potatoes), nn sour cream or salsa
      Supper chickpea pasta with cooked veggies and cashew cream sauce

I do eat other things but these have been go-tos for me while I’m learning to cook more diverse compliant foods.
      Are they ok?

Thanks!

1+

Kimberley
      Participant
      @Kim

Sounds like your doing amazing.

I did not find fruit hindered my weight loss at all.

If your looking for fast Nutritarian food, I’ll prep salad for a few days, enough dressing to last the week, and make a giant soup to last the week. Just add fruit and smoothies and your done. Makes it very little cooking. On the weekend if you want variety you can take the time then.

I also double to quadruple batch my soups, and freeze for busy weeks. It also makes it so you can pull a new supper out every couple nights but only cook 1 a week.

I listen to the courses while I food prep. Take a break and journal and keep prepping.

2+

Jennifer
      Participant
      @Bluescarf

Thank you Kimberley! I’m currently at 218-220 lbs and need a bit of a push to get past this plateau. I have realized after watching some more of the healthy and sustainable weight loss course that I may be ingesting too much nuts and seeds 🙁 Also could reduce some starchy veggies. Still on plan but need to fine tune some things. I am hooked on the nacho cheese right now so I hope I can find some raw veggies I like with it instead of cooked corn tortillas.

1+

Jennifer
      Participant
      @Bluescarf

Day 39! It has gone by quickly.

Due to time constraints I haven’t gotten to exercise as much as I’d like, but now is the time to begin!

I am well on my way to 30 lbs off by June. I do believe the weight is coming off quickly because I was 234 lbs to begin and my BMI was well into the obese range. I’m down to 214 today, so -20. My fiance notices. I’m close to the size I was when we met a few years ago.

I have forgotten to bring beans with me to school to add to my lunch salad a couple days this week for one reason or another, and I think it has contributed to my strange craving for a cheeseburger. I’ve been a vegetarian for 10 years, so this is a strange craving to say the least. I will try to remember my beans from now on! 🙂 Will make a bean burger this weekend. I think I’m even going to do a whole wheat bun😮.

Feeling good!

1+

Kimberley
      Participant
      @Kim

I like to make sure I have beans at lunch and dinner as they really do help me resist other foods, plus I want all the amazing benefits of beans.

1+

Hilary
      Participant
      @heeree

Hi Jen – I’m new here (joined Monday – on my birthday as a present to myself 🙂 ) and have to say I’ve enjoyed reading your goals and the suggestions from Kimberley too! It’s exciting to see you feeling good and making progress. Way to go!

2+

Jennifer
      Participant
      @Bluescarf

Thank you, Hilary! I appreciate the feedback. Congratulations on making the decision to cut junk! I’m such a newbie on this. I have a hard time getting used to salad everyday, but nutritarian nacho cheese and no oil/low salt corn tortilla in the air fryer have saved my hiney more than a few times when I needed a snack. And I try to do salad every day, and it gets easier. I definitely had to go cold turkey on anything off plan for now, otherwise it would just be another day of “Oh, I’ll start that tomorrow” mentality. The videos here and compiling an arsenal of recipes from here have helped so much. What also helped me is knowing that there are nutritarian versions of many foods that I ate before. Bethany can give ideas for healthy versions of anything you are craving. And garbanzo bean pasta from amazon with cashew/mushroom sauce, yum! Good luck and let us know if you need anything!

1+

Kimmie
      Participant
      @Berber32002

You are an inspiration to me!!! Thinking about my 100 day challenge and when I will start!

2+

Jennifer
      Participant
      @Bluescarf

Day 50 and down to 209 from 234. I’m officially no longer morbidly obese! Just moderately lol. Weight comes off a bit slower but School is getting the best of me and I’m losing weight in spite of not exercising much.

Since I feel like I’m getting the food more “right” at this point, I really do need to refocus and get in more exercise. Again, make a goal of 5 times a week. I say again, yes I’m a bit disappointed that I haven’t held up that end of the goal yet, but it’s something to work toward and accomplish. I feel like I’ve completed a chapter of a book of my life at day 50, and the next chapter of developing healthy habits for me is exercise. Hula hooping is my favorite thing in the whole world, so I can make time for that. I’ll shoot for 2 days of hula hooping sessions, 2 days of elliptical machine, and at least one day walking around my neighborhood. Starting tomorrow. Lol. Drove a total of 4.5 hours in a car and van for work today and too tired tonight. :/ Chapter 2 of my book starts tomorrow. 🙂

2+

Jennifer
      Participant
      @Bluescarf

Thank you Kimmie! 100 days is going by fast! I needed this. And now I think everyone I love needs this too. 🙂

1+

Jennifer
      Participant
      @Bluescarf

Warning: array_flip(): Can only flip STRING and INTEGER values! in /home/lovechar/public_html/nutribabenation/wp-content/plugins/buddyboss-media/includes/bbpress/class-bbm-bbpress-media.php on line 331

20 days left of the 100! I’m not excited for it to be over. I’m excited that I’ve stayed on plan, with a few exceptions… I fiance brought me home a french fry last week from a place we enjoyed together. He went with his friend and wrapped the fry up in a napkin and put it in his pocket for me. It was cute. I just wanted to try them again. It wasn’t that great, plus it was soggy and cold. I think I wanted it to taste bad! I also tried a little of his pizza crust at one point. It was good as I remembered but I don’t think it threw me off my game.

At around day 55 I plateaued at 206 and my weight sat there for a couple weeks. I didn’t worry. I didn’t quit. I feel like my body just needed time to figure out what was happening. Recently I began to lose weight again and just reached the 30 lbs gone a couple days ago. I have my first doctor appointment since beginning today, and I’m going to ask for bloodwork. I’m looking forward to asking my doctor questions. My menstrual cycle stopped for a while but hopefully back on track now. Trying to create a body that will be healthy enough to create a home for a baby at 39 is my ultimate goal, but I know there are many factors that contribute to my success at this age. Sometimes I think how unfair it is that I didn’t find my mate until later in my childbearing years. I think that is what made me depressed in the first place and what contributed to unhealthy eating habits. Even if it is too late for me to have a child, getting to the point where I was highly motivated may have saved my life in the long run.

I have been drinking some kombucha lately, and hope to make my own soon. Has anyone else made it? I am reading about it from a book a friend gave me, and I hope I can make it taste good 🙂

Getting ready for summer and a lot of hard work in my yard and garden. Super excited to actually eat the produce I grow in my garden this year instead of give it away because I wasn’t eating enough of it myself. Veggies were always secondary to processed junk in my life, and now I can save some money by growing my own, instead of growing it and buying junk for myself, then filling myself with the junk, primarily. I grew up on a farm, we raised hogs…which was a staple in my childhood diet. However, we always had a garden the size of a football field. We didn’t eat primarily veggies, though. We ate the veggies on the side… It didn’t exactly help. My dad suffered 2 heart attacks at age 40. So just producing veggies and eating them on the side does not work for my genetics. My parents have always made way more veggies than they can consume and they give them away if they can’t eat them all. I am super happy I have inherited their green thumbs. And now I have the appetite to eat them all, too. It’s sad to say I used to let some of them go to waste. My goal this summer is to eat EVERYTHING we produce in our garden and everything my parents give us. I am up for the challenge.

I still am feeling good. I am needing to exercise a bit more, but it’s something I’m working on and I’m not worrying about it. Summer is coming and my hoops are calling my name. Going to try to do it daily this summer.

Hope everyone is doing well. I’m not the most active person on this site, but I am reading what others post, especially on facebook as I scroll at night. Thanks for the inspiration.

Jen

1+

Kimberley
      Participant
      @Kim

I love your beautiful journey. I’m 39 too. I will make sure to hula hoop this weekend. Although I exercise for health, it never helped me lose weight. I like so do small consistent things on the daily. We need a group movement challenge for spring.

I know lots of mom’s who had their kids in the early 40s, so it will happen. I also healed my own female cycle with this lifestyle. I wa starting to lose mine and it had gone all hay wire. I was worried I was entering menapose. Then after a few months my cycle totally evened out. It’s very consistent and not painful at all now.

Dr Fuhrman says we will bleed less whole food plant based. It’s good as we lose less iron, and we still ovulate just like clock work.

It’s so beautiful to think of the amazing home inside you your are making for your baby. He/she is so lucky that they will be nourished and given all the advantages this life style has. I wish I had known about this back whenever I had mine.

1+

Jennifer
      Participant
      @Bluescarf

Thank you for the support, Kimberley! I need a reminder that I’m probably not too old yet. 🙂 Doc is doing some tests and is giving me options, which include some hormone therapy to be sure I’m ovulating. I want to heal my body for a couple more months before even considering anything. She was impressed and asked how I had lost the weight. She didn’t seem surprised because she works with a doctor who promotes the lifestyle and has seen good things.

Thank you for sharing your experience and support. I really appreciate it!!!

1+

Jennifer
      Participant
      @Bluescarf

100 days came and went May 8th or 9th. School is over now; first day off. Have been relaxing today and it is amazing. I wanted to share that we went out to “celebrate” last night and I got my good old friend falafel, with white bread naan and the tziki white sauce they put on it. Regretted it at 1 am when my body said “I don’t like that” and I laid on the floor of the bathroom for an hour trying to figure out how my body wanted to reject the junk I ate. Mostly gassy–painful gas. I’m right back on plan today. I did also have a few items with sugar in them last week, as students brought in treats. I limited them, but when I did have a piece of cheesecake bar or corn chips with cheese sauce, my brain immediately felt foggy and a bit dizzy. I will say I felt like it was experimenting…pushing the limits, so to speak, and now I know what it feels like, or what I felt like for so long. I don’t like feeling that way.

I am down 38 lbs from when I began, now at a slower and steady pace compared to the start. I did some yoga this morning and am going to do an exercise challenge next. The picture shows my weight loss, with the peak in January at 234 (though I didn’t record my weight in that app for a year or so because I sat in the 230’s for a couple years–the time before I weighed myself in January was 231 ). If I can do this, you can! 🙂 Thanks for reading!

Jennifer

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.