Home Forums [MOVED] Struggles Just call me stress magnet

4 replies, 3 voices Last updated by Sherrie 3 years ago
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Sherrie
      Participant
      @wahminsc

I don’t know what it is. It seems like every time I get a hold on things, something outside of my eating habits spins out of control.

Hubs had his procedure and had an iffy week
      Our son got into an accident
      My work schedule changed on the fly and I haven’t had enough good sleep
      My niece was sick on my only short workday and spent the day here instead of at school (I didn;t mind this one much at all)

When things get crazy around me, I fall into old habits. I’m eating the food, but either too much or way too little. I’m either not hungry and making myself eat because I know I need to eat with meds or I’m binging. I’ve caught the binges and stopped (walked away from the kitchen and sat outside for a few minutes both times), but then the guilt. Only a few minutes at the most. Guilt about food does not do anything but hurt me.

I think this is a combination of confessing and reaffirming my choices.

I choose to eat my way to better health.
      I choose to love every bite of the produce I have in front of me (there’s nothing in the house that I don’t love, lol)
      I choose to use the applesauce, dates, or date sugar when I bake. I am still having trouble embracing dates due to the texture.
      I choose to keep greens, beans, and berries in the house as much as possible
      I choose to love myself no matter what
      I choose to start training for the 5K and 10K, wonly ankle aside. (Imma hobble across the finish lines if I have to. Finishing is my goal and I am my own competition)

One another note, the Veg Fest is tomorrow! One more night of sleep before an all vegan day surrounded by like-minded folks in real life. I’ve only made it to one event with the local veggie group so far (stupid work schedule). Hubs is still not as excited as I am about the veg fest, but is excited about the weekend and down for all veg food on Saturday. There will be many pictures.

Thank you for listening to my rambling. Thank you for being here. All of you. We’re in this together and that means a lot to me.

1+

Mrs. Love Chard
      Keymaster
      @Bethany

Sherrie, I LOVE your choices. This lifestyle IS a choice. One after the other after the other. 🙂 “I choose to love myself no matter what.”

I think the key to dates, if it’s a texture thing, is to BLEND well… almost into a paste.

Let me know how VegFest was!! So exciting.

1+

Sherrie
      Participant
      @wahminsc

Thanks, @bethany, One step at a time. One meal at a time.

I bought date paste, date sugar, and date syrup for baking and oats. Hubs gave epic stink face when he saw them, so they’ll be used on goodies I mark as mine. If he happens to eat something without reading, it’ll be on him.

Veg Fest was awesome! We met a few nice people (including Gene Baur!!!!!), ran into some familiar faces, discovered new places to eat, and I won an InstantPot in a raffle. One of the best days ever! I posted pics on Instagram and need to share them here, too.

1+

Debbie
      Participant
      @Debbie

Looks like your luck has turned around, that is a great raffle win, Jill McKeever does a lot of IP videos and she has a couple FB pages.

2+

Sherrie
        Participant
        @wahminsc

@Debbie, I follow her blog and have her latest pressure cooker book. She’s awesome.

1+
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘[MOVED] Struggles’ is closed to new topics and replies.