Home Forums Nutribabe Diary & Goals Kallie’s goals

34 replies, 3 voices Last updated by Kallie 2 years, 5 months ago
Viewing 32 reply threads
  • Author

Kallie
      Participant
      @kconrad

Goals…. (not necessarily in order, some help to met others)

Fitness related
      1. Run a sub 4:20 marathon
      2. 30 push-ups in a row
      3. 20 burpees in a row
      4. Run a 1:55 half marathon
      5. Plank for 2 minutes
      6. Run a 50k
      7. 100 flights of stairs in under 16 minutes

Nutrition related
      1. Not count calories and not worry about not counting calories
      2. Be free from disease and injury
      3. Be 15 pounds lighter
      4. Confidence and joy in my food choices

3+

Mrs. Love Chard
      Keymaster
      @Bethany

These are AHHHHH-MAZING!

1+

Kallie
      Participant
      @kconrad

Thank you! I feel like many of these are years in the works, ready to mow down some of these already.

2+

Kallie
      Participant
      @kconrad

Checking in with some goals as I’ve crushed a few and buckling down to crush a few more.

Fitness related
      12/28 ran 100 flights of stairs in 15:02, almost a whole minute faster than my goal!!
      1/22 20 burpees in a row, I can feel my strength training working

Nutrition related
      January NOT counting calories and NOT WORRYING about not counting my calories!! FEELS SO GOOD
      I’ve lost 2 pounds since I started Nutribabe Nation, 2 months ago, for me this is a huge win. My clothes are all fitting differently even with just the 2 pound loss. I’ve been keeping my running to a minimum and upped my strength training in my off running season. Typically end of Nov- Mid January I gain about 10 pounds from Thanksgiving to Christmas to Anniversary and New Years to me and my husbands bdays- NOT THIS YEAR! And while I am super happy and have really changed my nutrition, salad as the main dish for 14 days now, I need to make the final cut of sugar. I am ready to commit to a true Eat to Live 6 week challenge. I am a little nervous, but know if I want the scale to really change I need to take the next step and I CAN DO THIS! I’ll be using my nutrition tracker and checking in here, if not daily every other day.

3+

Kallie
      Participant
      @kconrad

Day 3 1/2 / 4 check in. Going well. I’m on day 18 with salad as the main dish and I am starting to feel like salad as the main dish is becoming easier. 1/2 through day 4 with no sugar and oil too. I can do this!!!

I am excited the 100 day challenge is starting Monday! Having started (a 6 week ETL) this previous Monday I am just going to tag along. I was tempted once I saw the new group to “start over”, meaning I could binge or mess up and start fresh, but I think I am learning I don’t want that. So I’ll be a little off the group, but same party 😉

I meant to add my starting weight. I weighed myself Tuesday morning 1/23, my starting weight is 154.4 pounds. I had my husband hide the scale and will get it out in two weeks 2/6. I am working up the courage to do other measurements, but honestly it’s giving me anxiety so I may or may not do those. Just learning to love my body for what it has done and can do.

2+

Mrs. Love Chard
        Keymaster
        @Bethany

I totally know that feeling of “starting over!” Not anymore. 🙂 We just keep going.

Kallie
      Participant
      @kconrad

Warning: array_flip(): Can only flip STRING and INTEGER values! in /home/lovechar/public_html/nutribabenation/wp-content/plugins/buddyboss-media/includes/bbpress/class-bbm-bbpress-media.php on line 331

Picture of the salads over the past 18 days. A couple of days I was ambitious and had two salads.

3+

Mrs. Love Chard
        Keymaster
        @Bethany

WHAAATTT This is amazing!!!

Kallie
      Participant
      @kconrad

Day 8 I’ve made it one week of eating nutritarian (and I am day 21 salad as the main dish!!) and no stopping me! Excited the 100 day challenge started today so I’ll have other ladies right here with me!

I had a little stomach issues last night, I’ll spare you the details. I feel fine today, hoping it was just a little of the stomach bug my family has been fighting the last week. I thought I had escaped it. I don’t have much of an appetite today.

I made black bean brownies this weekend and they came out sooo much better than my first batch! They are yummy!

I have a busy few weeks with kids activities, but trying to stay on top of being prepped for my food.

I REALLY want to weigh myself, but am making myself wait until next week because I said every two weeks and I am more than a number on a scale.

I plan to make a vision board or poster board chart for myself this week, something I can visualize more often with. Also check in here or on facebook lounge.

3+

Mrs. Love Chard
      Keymaster
      @Bethany

Loving these updates. Glad your brownies were delish! CHANGE is happening and then it turns into habit and just LIFE… and that’s pretty cool.

1+

Kallie
      Participant
      @kconrad

Day 15 for me!

This weekend was my first long run (6.5 miles) while doing the challenge. I’ve started a training plan to run a half marathon under 2 hours. The run it self I felt ok for most of, a little low on energy, but I think some more carbs on Friday will help with that. Sunday I woke up SO HUNGRY, nothing could satisfy. I ate a few regular tortilla chips, so blew the no oil, with salsa, but am carrying on. Went for a short run with my daughter to change my mood and it worked. I wanted this to be a perfect 6 weeks that turned into a perfect 100 days, but I’m learning 98-99% is not 0% and I don’t need to feel sad and terrible with myself, but keep keeping.

Current weight 151.5, down 2.8 pounds in 2 weeks! I’ll take it!! Putting the scale away for another two weeks, I am trying to gain freedom from the scale. Almost a year ago I weaned my last baby and weighed 165. And I struggle all year last year to lose, doing whole30 and reduced carb diets. When joined nutribabe nation at the end of October I weighed 156/157 and had for a few months. My transition over the holidays was slow, but I’m in it to win it!! I love how I am feeling. I won’t lie I still miss sugar and think about sugary things probably everyday, but I’m not giving in.

1+

Kallie
      Participant
      @kconrad

Day 17 I WANT SUGAR. ALL THE SUGAR! I started my period and well that might explain it, but I am pushing through. I just printed the control unhealthy cravings and addictions part 1 packet and am going to bury myself in that for 30 minutes this afternoon and shovel some dirt. We are building a garden area and I am so excited to have a garden again after a year off last year when we moved. And I am going to eat some cuties and maybe some dried cherries.

1+

Kallie
      Participant
      @kconrad

Day 22 The end of last week was rough, mentally and physically. I pushed through. Started my period and really noticed how my body was begging for junk. Mostly I ignored it’s requests, but I did have some tortilla chips with oil and a Larabar that had chocolate in it that didn’t appear to be sugar free, so there was that. And I ate peanut butter out of the jar, but it was just ground peanuts, but I totally felt guilty doing it. I was a bit disappointed in myself, when I said 100 day challenge I wanted it to be perfect. But the truth is I didn’t go crazy and binge on anything, even though I felt like it. So moving forward still. The past 22 days have been eye opening and inspiring, not perfect but a big stretch from where I was.

I am resolving to check in more frequently I think that will help me not to feel like I am struggling, because really I am not I just am adjusting to this way of life and 95% of the time I love it, its that 5% of the time when junk calls my name that sticks out so I think that would help me to see and feel my success better. That said I am trying to limit my time on social media, I feel like I am too distracted by it lately, so I’ll post here.

Didn’t weigh myself today, next Monday.

1+

Kallie
      Participant
      @kconrad

Day 23 super busy day! I did strength training and took the little boys on a walk and threw rocks in the river. 1/2 pound spinach in my smoothie with some cacao and cherries, delicious! And a larabar, kind of ruined my appetite for lunch. Then at 4 I was starving, I ate 3 cuties and some celery. I had a meeting this evening and planned to eat before but I wasn’t hungry at all, so I thought I’d wait until I got home. I was supposed to be home @ 6:45, I got home at 7:45 and still was feeling ok so I went without dinner, I never do that. It’s almost 9 now and I’m still good, but kind of thinking and wishing I’d eaten so my workout tomorrow doesn’t suck, oh well maybe it won’t.

1+

Kallie
      Participant
      @kconrad

Day 25 Today was HARD. This is going to sound dumb, but I came to the conclusion I need to “break up” with my running partner. I’ve known this has been coming for a while as I’m progressing with goals and she’s not. We spend a few hours together every week for the past 18+ months and we are growing apart pace wise, but mostly lifestyle and outlook/attitude. I feel guilty, but I’m to the point that while I don’t mind running slower to keep her company but I can’t do the negative any more. She’s really questioning my lifestyle choices, to be wfpb, and I’ve tried to keep it light and positive and informative but I’m just losing interest. She’s my friend, she’ll hopefully still be my friend, but the fun feels over. I actually enjoy running by myself and saying goodbye will help me in lots of ways, I’m not sure why I feel guilty. Any ways that was a ramble, needless to say my emotions have been high and I’m feeling stressed. And I want to fall back to old foods, but I’m not. But I want to. I ate my 1 pound salad and then I ate 3 black bean brownies and a smoothie and 3 cuties, two spoonfuls of almond butter and a larabar. Calorie wise it wasn’t my best day, but I stayed the whole food plant based course! 1/4 of the way?!!

1+

Kallie
      Participant
      @kconrad

Day 26 got my salad in, got my extra carbs (quinoa bowl) in for my long run tomorrow. Making lentil loaf and black bean brownies this weekend, I’m so excited!! Ready to move pass the slump of this week.

1+

Kallie
      Participant
      @kconrad

Day 28!! I can’t remember the last time I had meat or dairy 🎉 No added salt, except for salsa 💃🏻 It was somewhere in the first week of January or maybe the last week of December. I’m crushing my food addictions and it feels good!! I finished the Control unhealthy Cravings + Addictions part 1. It took me longer than some of the other courses and I’ve still got addiction to crush SUGAR, but now I am going days without it and I know with abstinence I will break free of this too. I’m excited and nervous for Tuesday day 30, it’s weigh in day and I’m losing inches for sure, people are noticing, but I hope my gravity pull is a little less too.

On task with salad as the main dish this weekend and my long run went pretty well too. Some serious self doubt before and on the run, but it turned out fine. Taking Sarah’s class this week on taking neg self talk and I’m so excited for her help, started today.

1+

Kallie
      Participant
      @kconrad

Day 31. I am totally in a slump, again, but determined to rise above. Partly the weather, it’s been snowy for the past few days and I am over it. I weighed myself yesterday, 151.1. So in two weeks I lost .1. I was pretty disappointed, but I also took pictures and when I compared them to the last weigh in pics I can see change. The thing is I can feel change, my pants are all looser, my shirt looser, I feel good, but for some reason I can be satisfied. I keep reminding myself that if I didn’t loose a single pound and “only” felt this amazing that should be enough. I’ve been running a little less this past week as I get ready for a race on Saturday, so my stress therapy (running) is definitely missed. Taking Sarah’s course this week has been helpful. I found myself in one of those binge moments yesterday, after I had weighed myself and was disappointed. I headed for the kitchen ate an extra larabar with my smoothie, ate the rest of my black bean brownies, did everything I could to avoid my salad, but come dinner I got it together. I had my 1 pound salad and I felt grounded and so much better after I ate it. It got me thinking about my why and while I didn’t binge in my old ways I certainly had binged and was ashamed. So there it’s out in the air, off my shoulders and I am still here. 100 day challenge may not be perfect, but it’s my journey and that’s ok.

1+

Kimberley
      Participant
      @Kim

I do know exercise outs muscle weight on me. My scale shows muscle weight. So it could be that.

Sometimes I give myself a mini goal of 1-3 days really tight Nutritarian eating. It will generally motivate me and help keep me in a better Nutritarian eating groove. I need to do this every once in a while when my veggie consumption slips and my Nutritarian treat consumption goes up.

1+

Kallie
      Participant
      @kconrad

Thank you Kim for your advice. I plan to have super tight Nutritarian Monday and Tuesday, to add to my Sunday. I am hoping the groove stays a while. I had a pretty great weekend and I am all prepped for the week so mentally I feel like I am in the game.

1+

Kallie
      Participant
      @kconrad

Day 35. I had a great weekend! My eating was all nutritarian, a little carb heavy, but all plant based. Ran a relay with my daughter and friends yesterday and meal prepped today.

Feeling ready for the week ahead. Planning to have a very green veggie heavy Monday and Tuesday, in hopes I can get into a good groove again.

1+

Kallie
      Participant
      @kconrad

Day 38. Getting back in a good groove. I’ve had 3 super I don’t want to say strict, but tight nutritarian days. I did some shopping and prepping today and finishing the rest tomorrow. Working on getting my full pound of cooked veggies in every day now that I have the 1 pound salad down pat.

1+

Kallie
      Participant
      @kconrad

Day 39. First day of March I went to the gym set some benchmarks for the month. I didn’t weigh myself because I weigh myself every other Tuesday and well its not Tuesday.

Fastest mile 7:54
      Pushups 18, no knees
      Plank 40 seconds

I’m hoping to improve on these over the month. Plan in progress.

I’m on day 39 of a 100 day challenge. As I looked over January and February’s checkboxes I was amazed at how far I have come. No meat no oil no dairy, 1 pound Salad eVery day since Jan 7?! My biggest stubble has been sugar. I decided that if I can eat 1 pound salads every day since Jan 7 I can go a month without sugar. It (sugar) seems to sneak in and I’m ready to tell it who’s boss. I can string 3-5 days together of no sugar and then I fall. After watching an MO show about abstinence I’m committed- I told myself one perfect month- and ultimately I want the last 60% of my hundred day challenge to be 100 percent nutritarian- so here I am all in, again.

I was having a hard time getting my cooked veggies in- really just feeling too full, not taste- so I took Kims advice and am eating my salad at lunch, in the past two days it’s made a huge difference.
      ✌️

1+

Kallie
      Participant
      @kconrad

Day 44

Weigh in 151, putting me for another two week loss of .1, but no tears here, I’m on my period and I’m confident it’s more than .1. Moving forward because I feel GOOD!

Another bench mark for March – 100 floors of stairs in 15:24, a new record for me!! One of my hugest hesitations was how well I’d be able to run and exercise eating just plants, I continue to blow my old bench marks away and my mind is blown.

Day 6 of no sugar, 100% nutritarian complaint. I have questioned why I didn’t start this way. It’s national Oreo day and I’m on my period, both in my mind a couple of months ago would be good reasons to “just have one”. But I KNOW what one Oreo would do to me. I’m over it, my coconut black bean brownies and some sunshine will do!

1+

Kallie
      Participant
      @kconrad

Day 47

I did some thing new today, it was totally out of my comfort zone, I went to a group boot camp class at my gym. It is at 5:30 am and I got up, got ready no problem, but I can’t tell you the self doubt I was feeling. I have wanted to go for about a month and I always chicken out or come up with excuses why I can’t be there. I almost didn’t go this morning, not because I was tired, but because I was scared- what if I am lame, what if I am the weakest, what if I can’t do some of the exercises, what if what if what if…. I did some breathing exercises and drank my water and I felt so much better. I don’t know how I got out the door, but I went and had a great time, I am afraid I am not as trendy as some of the others, but I like my style and who I am. And this was the biggest accomplishment for me of the whole experience. I like me and I want to be a better me, but not somebody else.

I am almost half way!! I can’t believe it!! And I am 8 almost 9 days through NO SUGAR. I feel so good, so good.

I have had the book The End of Dieting checked out literally since Christmas break, renewed it twice and with my final over due notice I decided it was time to return it and treated myself to my own (used Amazon) copy. I can’t wait for it to get here.

Still eating salad like a boss.

1+

Kallie
      Participant
      @kconrad

Day 50!!! HALF WAY??!! I can’t believe it! I actually didn’t remember/realize until later this afternoon, which solidifies to me that this is just becoming my normal.

My husband is starting to see how this lifestyle is changing me and is joining in with more and more salads. He doesn’t want to lose weight, rather gain muscle, but I’m teaching him plants are protein and I think he’s getting it. My kids are eating more plants too, by their free choice (I can’t keep up with carrots and celery and apples slices) and I love it!

I killed my long run Saturday- so I think I’m going for the half marathon on 4/14?! I’m nervous to see how this will play out, but excited too. Just going to keep trying as if I’m going to run it and let my body tell me if it’s right. Also Saturday I got a date with my husband. Instead of our usual Thai takeout we went to Whole Foods and bought tea and flowers to plant. We both loved it.

For the second half of my 100 day challenge I’d like to keep building from where I’m at. I’m 12 days no sugar and who knows how many days no meat or dairy, 50+ days with salad as the main dish, over the next 50 days I’d like to reduce my nut and seed intake to try to budge the scale. I’m still eating a serving of whole grains (oats or quinoa) usually once a day and I think I’ll leave that alone while I work on less nuts and seeds and more cooked veggies.

✌️

1+

Kimberley
      Participant
      @Kim

Congrats on all your progress.

I feel you on the chopping kid produce. I love mine to eat it but all the chopping for them is a lot of work.

Kallie
      Participant
      @kconrad

Day 54 getting ready to head into a new weekend. Trying to focus on eating to satisfaction and not “treating” myself. I am still no sugar, but I have had a larabar almost every day and black bean brownies as a reward for not having sugar. I feel like I deserve something fun and good tasting. I keep reminding myself I am not a dog, I can have a delicious larabar or brownie just because and it doesn’t need to be every day or as a reward for doing or not doing something.

Planning out the next couple of weeks of meals this weekend and working on being more organized. I read a very interesting article on fasting and I am really going to consider and then commit next week to fasting in some form. I also am planning to listen to some of the suggested resources from the 100 days course.

Long run (10 miles) is Sunday this week, which I don’t really like. I always run early Saturday morning, start my weekend off right, but my husband is out of town and I don’t have child care so I will wait. I took a bootcamp class 3 days this week and am excited to see progress in other areas besides my running.

Getting my salad AND cooked veggies in every day this week felt GOOD!! Planning to make a new hummus this weekend and keep on top of my prep game.

1+

Kallie
      Participant
      @kconrad

Day 59 for me! I shared yesterday in Nutribabe lounge that I was feeling so discouraged and I was, totally discouraged. It took all my willpower yesterday not to find comfort in fake food. It was my Tuesday to weigh in and was 151. That is 6 weeks in a row 151.2-151. Honestly I EXPECTED weight loss. I mean I am checking all the boxes, one pound salads, beans, greens, fruits, not a ton of nuts and seeds and still nothing. My previous weigh in I was on my period and was so confident that in two weeks (yesterday) the scale would show my work, but notta, nothing.

Talked myself down off some nose dives yesterday and thanks to nutribabe encouragement I woke up today recommitted. Although recommitted doesn’t feel like the right word, I haven’t had sugar in 21 days, I HAVE been on course, I just need to adjust the course I suppose. I feel amazing, my run times are improving, and my clothes are fitting differently and I am hopeful the scale will change eventually.

1+

Kallie
      Participant
      @kconrad

Day 62 in the books 📚 long run this morning was good, not as fast as I hoped but I’m feeling a little fatigued and it’s just that time in my training schedule where I start to get tired. Probably could have used more carbs yesterday, next time.

Loved my alone time I spent most of it menu planning and dreaming about delicious plants I was going to eat. I think I’m turning corners in my mind, which feels good! I ran my first 10 miler of 2018, my last one was Nov 2017. I’ve been on a lower mileage plan while I transitioned to this lifestyle and have been working on getting faster. I’ve been a Nutribabe for 4 months now, YAY!!

Got some of my food prep done today – unhoney mustard and cheese sauce. Veggie cutting, black bean brownies and hummus tomorrow.

Kimberley
      Participant
      @Kim

In regards to weight loss plateaus, I know at a certain point I had to switch to 2 meals a day like in The End Of Heart Disease.

Also, are you still eating grains? Are they always intact or do you do processed versions like bean pastas and breads? I have such a slow metabolism I tend to favour beans, peas, and cooked carrots as my 1 cup of starchy veg or grains (per the End Of Diabetes). I do occasionally have some grains or potatoes but that’s more a weekend thing.

1+

Kallie
      Participant
      @kconrad

Thanks Kim for your advice! I’ve cut back my nut and seed intake the past two weeks (no more larabars just for Easter) and am already at two meals a day for the past 50 days. I am running about 25-30 miles a week and feel like I need the carbs (potatoes and quinoa and beets) to fuel, that said I have cut it to one serving a day, expect Friday I get three to fuel for a long run Saturday.

Day 72!! PROGRESS!!!! I’ve been trying to trust the process and not worry (obsess) over journaling, just filling out my daily/monthly tracker and keeping myself honest there. I unsubscribed from a few online wfpb groups and have been trying to spend less time in general online but also in my head analyzing and asking questions and instead just doing (1 pound raw and 1 pound cooked veggies, beans, fruit, and very limited seeds and grains). AND IT’S WORKING!!! Today is a weigh in day and I am so happy to report I lost weight! My 8 weeks of stall is over. I lost 3 pounds, putting me at 148, for total loss of 6.4 pounds since the beggining of the 100 days. Not as much as I’d hoped, but I’ll take it. With 28 days left until my 100 day challenge is over you can bet I am excited and proud and ready to kill the next 4 weeks.

1+

Kallie
      Participant
      @kconrad

Day 83 🎉 Today was an amazing day. I ran my 17th half marathon, my first nutritarian/wfpb. I felt amazing!! I met my time goal and honestly I didn’t expect things to be so great. No stomach issues, no energy crashes. I’ve been super on point with salads the past week and getting my roasted /cooked veggies in. I’ve been eating way more carbs the past few days to prep for the half marathon and it’s kind of crazy but I’m looking forward to feeling lighter tomorrow with less oats and rice 😂

17 more days until I reach 100 days. I’m not sure how I feel about this, excited, yes! nervous, yes! Kind of wondering where I’ll go from there??? I didn’t go no sugar completely until day 40 something and inly recently cut the Lara bars away back, so I’m thinking I might try a 6 week Eat to live stricter version or maybe just start a new 100 days no sugar all the way. We’ll see – first got to finish my next 17 days!

I’m a little nervous to see the scale this week, don’t think I’ve gained but don’t think I’ve lost with my carb loading this week, got to keep keeping!

1+

Kallie
      Participant
      @kconrad

Day 100!!! (Actually it’s day 102!) I’ve been contemplating my results and feelings and reactions and really just trying to be satisfied with my first set of 100 days.

Results I lost 8.6 pounds and at least one pant size. I was a squishy 10, now I’m an easy 8. I went from a 36/D to 36/C

Successes; 100 salads in 100 days! More self confidence (not measurable I know, but I feel it) I cut 1:05 off my fastest stair climb (of 100 stairs) and almost all of my physical/running benches I set I have seen gains/success.

Room for improvement; SUGAR. In a lot of ways I feel like I failed the 100 day challenge because of sugar. My oil was very limited, but occasional and I am ok with that, but sugar is still my downfall. In 100 days 46 were sugar free, somewhat embarrassing. I’m good st stringing together 2-3 days and then I blow it. If I look to my previous 100 days I know these 46 days are huge, but there’s lots of room for improvement.

So cheers to the first 100 days and double cheers to all the black bean brownies the next 100 days will bring.

Ps I’m sugar free

1+

Kallie
      Participant
      @kconrad

I do wish I would have taken measurements, but I did do photos so here they are 😬

1+
Viewing 32 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.