– Eliminate refined sugars, oils, dairy, processed foods
      – Limit salt
      – Drink at least 28 ounces of water a day
      – Walk 10,000 steps at least 4x a week
      – Stretch 10 minutes a day
      – Meditate daily
      – Loose 20 pounds
      – Check-in with NN daily

Day 9: Happy Halloween! Did not have 1 piece of candy!!!!

3+

Kerri
      Participant
      @kermont

Warning: array_flip(): Can only flip STRING and INTEGER values! in /home/lovechar/public_html/nutribabenation/wp-content/plugins/buddyboss-media/includes/bbpress/class-bbm-bbpress-media.php on line 331

Day 10: Didn’t get a chance to post yesterday – I’m doing a major overhaul of my closet and I was on a roll (I’ve got some hoarder tendencies so there is a lot to get rid of!). 🙂 As you need a day where you totally decide to commit to eating healthy, well I was also feeling committed to cleaning out all the junk in my closets, so far I’ve gotten rid of 8 bags of clothes. I don’t even want to tell you how old some of them were. You never know when you might need a certain size… This journey to eating better is making me want to clean out other areas of my life as well!

For my 100-day challenge, I typed up my goals and printed them out. I hung them on the wall in the area I get ready each morning. I also saw Kimberley’s @kim chart that she made to mark off the 100-days and I loved that idea so I made myself one of those too. It is so gratifying to see all the boxes marked to see how far I’ve come.

2+

Mrs. Love Chard
        Keymaster
        @Bethany

GIRL i decluttered this February and got rid of literally 3/4 of our stuff… so refreshing. If it doesn’t LIGHT YOU UP when you’re wearing it, using it… toss it. If it doesn’t serve a purpose, toss it. I loved “cleaning house”.

Also, have you checked out the Monthly Nutrition + Lifestyle Tracker? https://nutribabenation.lovechard.com/monthly-nutrition-lifestyle-tracker/

1+

Kerri
        Participant
        @kermont

I’m using the Monthly Nutrition + Lifestyle Tracker as well! I keep that in my kitchen to check off throughout the day. The other two I created I use upstairs; the goals to start off my morning and my 100-day check off to end my day!

1+

Kerri
      Participant
      @kermont

Day 11 (11/2): I was making grilled cheese for my husband and it was tough. Grill cheese was always one of my favorite comfort foods and watching all the cheese melt was difficult. I didn’t give in but I can’t wait until I don’t feel like I’m missing out on certain foods. When I went vegetarian many years ago I missed meatballs and prosciutto but that went away, it took time, so I know it will happen but…one day at a time.

I’m also finding ways to go out and stay on track. I went to the diner with my girlfriends, I ate my dinner at home and then had decaf tea and a fresh fruit bowl at the diner. I didn’t miss the pancakes, fries or sweets that I usually have; I just enjoyed the time with my besties! Each successful social outing is giving me the confidence that I’m going to be able to do this this time! 💖

3+

Mrs. Love Chard
        Keymaster
        @Bethany

YESSSS I am so loving being a part of your journey, Kerri!!!

You could make a grilled cheese-y hummus panini! That would be great. I just put a skillet on medium heat and set a plate on top of it til it’s “crispy” then flip. 🙂 https://nutribabenation.lovechard.com/recipes/cheese-y-hummus-dip/

1+

Kerri
        Participant
        @kermont

This is on my menu to make for lunch tomorrow! Sounds yummy!!!!

1+

Kerri
      Participant
      @kermont

Day 12: I’ve been having trouble sleeping well at night. I cut out coffee when I started this challenge. It seemed like my diet change along with eliminating coffee was helping with my sleep but it only lasted a couple of days now I’m back to the same poor nights sleep.

I did start using the Buddha app to meditate before going to bed. That’s been helping me fall asleep at least.

Kerri
      Participant
      @kermont

Day 13: Tonight my family had pizza and I made my own on a tortilla with mushrooms, onions, broccoli, and tomato sauce. I really love this type of pizza, I actually look forward to it whenever I plan to make it. Who would have thought! I also feel good after I eat it; unlike how I feel if I eat a regular slice of cheese pizza. Usually, the prep and cooking aggravate me since I have to wait but tonight I just cleaned up my prep area while it was cooking. This plant-based way of eating just may work…. 🙂

Can’t wait for tomorrow, I’m going to try the grilled cheese-y hummus panini!!! I wanted it today but I didn’t have all the ingredients on hand.

3+

Kerri
      Participant
      @kermont

Day 14: I’ve been missing my coffee. I drink my coffee black and had been doing just decaf for a long time. Then I went 1/2 and 1/2. Then I ended up drinking full caffeinated. I found some flavored coffees that didn’t have any artificial flavorings so I was enjoying them and they only came in caffeinated version. Today was the first day that I’ve had coffee in the past two weeks. I was at my favorite coffee shop so I had a iced decaf. It made me so happy! I have been drinking a lot of teas that I have been enjoying but they don’t have the same consistency as coffee to me…they don’t comfort me like coffee does.

I made the cheese-y hummus panini for lunch today. I liked the concept but I didn’t like this hummus that much. It had too many Mexican spices in it. I will make it again and play around with the spices. I did make the nutritarian Parmesan cheese and that was excellent. I’m planning on trying the pizza hummus next!

I can’t believe I’m 2 weeks in already! That went by fast. I’m feeling good!

3+

Mrs. Love Chard
        Keymaster
        @Bethany

YAY, I think you will like the Pizza Hummus. It’s a hit and perfect for the panini concept.

1+

Debbie
      Participant
      @Debbie

I gave up coffee too about a month ago, I use to use flavored soy creamers and sugar as I ran out of cream and sugar and was left with black coffee I realized I didn’t like the coffee but the sweetness. I do agree tea is not the same and I do miss my coffee well the sweetness added to it, I do like spiced teas, like chai and this am I am drinking Celestal seasons Bengal spice and it is really good. Trader Joes Tumeric Ginger is good too if you like those flavors.

2+

Kerri
        Participant
        @kermont

My Trader Joes is 45 minutes away so I have to plan on making the trip. When I do head over there I’m definitely going to Tumeric Ginger tea. I love flavored teas!

1+

Debbie
        Participant
        @Debbie

My TJ is 45 minutes away too, I only go about once a month but we also have a Fresh Thyme market their so I can hit up two great stores when I’m their. Worth the drive just wish they were closer .

2+

Kerri
      Participant
      @kermont

Day 15: It’s been 2 weeks since I started this challenge and I am down 8.7 lbs!!!! I know a big chunk of that was water weight and bloating in the beginning but it still feels good!

Today my kitchen ceiling was getting painted so I prepped my breakfast last night so that I could just grab it this morning before I lost my kitchen. That worked out well but the painters were here until lunch time…and then I had to clean everything because of all the dust. I ended up eating way too late and I realized I didn’t have any food prepped which scared me because that’s what will make me grab something unhealthy. I didn’t though. I threw a salad together and I had some more cheese-y hummus. I found that if I added some of the parm I made I liked the taste better. Now the kitchen is back together so tomorrow I’m going to make a batch of chile and check out a soup to make so that I can freeze them!!!

Tonight I went to one of those wine and paint events. It was out at a restaurant and we had a pre-event gathering at one of my friends. I ate my dinner early, my friend had raw veggies for me and I told everyone that I was designated driver and wasn’t drinking. I made it through another social event without eating anything unhealthy and I haven’t had a drink since I started this challenge. Dealing with the social events is getting easier and easier! Each situation is different so I feel empowered when I make it through another one!

I do have to add that I was watching Gilmore Girls last night and Lorelai was eating pop tarts and they looked good! So bad but so good! I need to find a substitute…

3+

Mrs. Love Chard
        Keymaster
        @Bethany

Glad you had a fun and healthy girls night! Talk to me about the pop tart… is it the texture, crumble, frosting, sweetness that you like?

Kerri
        Participant
        @kermont

Can I say all of the above…. 🙂

Kerri
      Participant
      @kermont

Day 16: I just got back from an hour and 15 minute walk with my neighbors; got 9300 steps in already! We live on a cul-de-sac so we walk laps. The street has a decent hill and I’ve been struggling out of breath lately when doing the hill. Today I didn’t feel out of breath….I felt good! Great way to start the day! 🏃🏼‍♀️

2+

Kimberley
      Participant
      @Kim

Big wins. Congrats.

Fuhrman doesn’t talk about it really, but food prep is a pillar for me. Not just to make life easier, but because it can save you from temptation when your desperate for food or a treat.

2+

Kerri
      Participant
      @kermont

Day 17: Today was a strange day. I went out for veggie sushi. I had the salad without the dressing and then 2 different veggie rolls. I didn’t enjoy them like I normally do. They had something drizzled on top. I didn’t have that light feeling that I’ve been having since eating well. Plus it bothered me that I wasn’t sure what was in everything I was eating.

Then tonight I had a small dish of ww pasta since that was what my family was eating. I had it along with a huge salad. After dinner I made banana walnut nice-cream. I ended up eating both servings and I’m craving bread right now. I’m wondering if the pasta did that to me…. I’ll have to keep track. I think maybe I’ll start journaling my foods and note if I noticed any changes.

2+

Mrs. Love Chard
        Keymaster
        @Bethany

Still many wins here! I love noting changes in foods so I can keep track of reactions, feelings, etc. The monthly lifestyle and Nutrition Tracker helps me do this. I add things like “added salt” and “refined grains” etc. to collect data. 🙂

Monthly Nutrition + Lifestyle Tracker

2+

Kerri
        Participant
        @kermont

I love that idea! I’ll have to add that to my tracker. I just had the basics on mine.

2+

Kerri
      Participant
      @kermont

Day 18: I was away from home helping my Aunt move. I had breakfast before I left and brought some fruit, tomatoes and Lara bars in the car for backup. Lunch was at a grab and go at my aunts new place. They had an eggplant sandwich and a veggie sandwich. I picked the veggie sandwich because the eggplant was breaded and fried. The veggie sandwich had mozzarella cheese that I took off and I gave the macaroni salad away that came on the side. The veggies had some oil and vinegar on it and the bread was heavy. Next time I would not eat it.

For dinner we went out to a restaurant and I had two vegan sides; a coleslaw salad and a butternut squash salad. Both had lots of veggies but they both had some oil.

Each time I eat in an unfamiliar place and it’s not exactly compliant I’m looking at it as a learning experience; from how to be compliant to how foods make me feel. I figure I’ll get better with each outing!

3+

Mrs. Love Chard
        Keymaster
        @Bethany

YES. Always learning experiences, knowing what to ask, how to modify. We’ll have a restaurant course early next year!

2+

Kerri
        Participant
        @kermont

A restaurant course would be fantastic! Looking forward to it!

2+

Kimberley
      Participant
      @Kim

For Eating out oil and salt has to be pretty hard to avoid. I think if we aim to be 100% when we can, then that little oil isn’t much in the big picture.

2+

Kerri
        Participant
        @kermont

That’s what I’m trying to teach myself. I’m such a perfectionist that I have to keep reminding myself that it is still a win when I’m out and have some oil if that is my only option. In the past I feel that I’ve been so hung up on being perfect that that is one of the reasons that I didn’t succeed. This time I feel so much more in control by giving myself some leniency.

1+

Kerri
      Participant
      @kermont

Day 19: I’m glad to be back home and have all my good food in front of me. I still have to batch cook my soups; I bought all the ingredients but I’ve only had time to make the chili. Hopefully tomorrow. It feels good to at least have the chili so I know if I’m short on time or starving I can just grab one of my pre-made jars!

1+

Kerri
      Participant
      @kermont

Day 20: I was able to make one of the soups. I made a Ginger Butternut Squash. So easy! Hoping it tastes good.

I also went through one of my kitchen cabinets and threw out all the oils besides the olive oil which my husband uses. I had such a variety. I also got rid of the agave and blackstrap molasses. Some of the bottles weren’t even opened but I figured it was better to clean out the cabinet then just keeping them since I’m not going to be using them anymore!!!! I love cleaning out all the garbage! It makes me feel in control of my health!

4+

Kerri
      Participant
      @kermont

Day 21 & 22: I had some leftover Butternut Squash from my soup. I had purchased the pre-cut pieces and I decided to try and roast them like @debbie and @bethany suggested. Well, I can’t tell you how much I loved them! It was like eating candy! I loved it so much that I went out and bought another packaged today along with some brussel sprouts and roasted them up for lunch. I didn’t even put them in my salad, I just ate them plain. I think I found a new favorite! Also, while I was at Marshalls yesterday I found an inexpensive mandoline so I’m looking forward to roasting a variety of veggies. I’m a kitchen gadget junkie!

I think that one of my big issues in the past was when recipes were too complicated I lost interest. I really don’t like to cook. Now that I’ve found more straightforward easy recipes I’m thinking this whole thing is going to be doable. I do find that I’m spending a lot of time on food prep and cooking. I’m assuming the longer I do this the more organized I’ll become.

2+

Debbie
        Participant
        @Debbie

Sure you already know this use the veggie holder that came with the mandolin, I have slice layers of skin off with mine. I have never been a recipe user, but am trying to follow them now and have added many spices to my cupboard.

3+

Kerri
        Participant
        @kermont

Day 23 & 24: Last night @StephM and I went to a “Plant-based Thanksgiving Sides” cooking class. I started to worry when I saw the instructor referring to the class as vegetarian in further posts. I contacted her and she said that only the salad had some cheese and she would take out our portions before adding the cheese. We had a really good time but the instructor used oil and a veggie sausage. I had a big “aha” moment when I realized I was automatically modifying the recipes in my head to make them compliant. I’m so used to doing that as a vegetarian but the fact that I was doing it to make it nutritarian without even thinking about it made me so happy! I’m going to be able to do this!!!!!

We live about 45 minutes from the closest TJ and this class was in between our homes and TJ so when the class was over we went to TJ and stocked up!!! In the cooking class she introduced us to a TJ pomegranate vinegar and a TJ orange champagne vinegar. I couldn’t wait to get them! The orange champagne vinegar had some added sugar but I still got it. I felt I could use a tiny bit on my salad to add some flavor. I’m going to see if I can find a homemade recipe to make something similar. I also finally picked up the Ginger Tumeric tea along with Ginger Pear and Moroccan Mint. Boy was I unhappy when I got home and realized the Ginger Pear and Moroccan Mint were not decaf! 🙁

I’m looking forward to the 11/19 challenge. I finally created a NN binder. I feel so organized having everything in one place!!!

3+

Kimberley
      Participant
      @Kim

Are you batch cooking for the week? I always make enough roast veg, soup, and dressing to last 7 days. Just add salad and fruit.

Squash is definitely my favourite starch after beans.

3+

Kerri
        Participant
        @kermont

I haven’t gotten into the habit of batch cooking for the week yet. I really want to get there. I’m away this weekend but because I’m feeling more comfortable with the cooking I’m hoping I can do that within the next week.

3+

Kerri
      Participant
      @kermont

Day 25: I’m headed to upstate NY first thing tomorrow morning through Monday morning. I’m staying at my friend’s house. Where she lives is very rural and far from a supermarket so I went shopping at home and I’m bringing food to her. It’s about a 6-hour drive so I also have some goodies for the car. I’m worried because there will be drinking and junk food. I’ve been so successful that I believe that I will stay on course but this is going to be the hardest challenge I’ve faced so far. I packed a lot so it’s not like I won’t have options at her house but if we go out to eat it should be interesting!

4+

Mrs. Love Chard
      Keymaster
      @Bethany

Hope your trip is going well, Kerri! <3

1+

Kerri
      Participant
      @kermont

Day 26-28: I had a such fun on my trip but I wasn’t totally compliant. I drank at night and I had 1 slice of pizza at the bar. I did manage otherwise to eat well with just some oil and salt since we were out. I made a huge batch of vegan chili on Sunday night and they were busting on me the whole time but they liked it. Monday night I heard they added meat to the leftovers. Oh well!

Day 29: I just had some breakfast and fasted the rest of the day. I wasn’t feeling great from the weekend

Day 30: I fasted all day and just had a little bit of veggies at night. I wasn’t really hungry so I didn’t force myself.

Day 31: Back eating normally today and I hit a milestone! I started on my weight loss journey 11/21/16. Today i have lost 40 lbs!!!! Almost exactly a year to the day. It’s been a tough road with lots of ups and downs and eating poorly for periods of time. Of that 40 lbs 14.8 has been consistently lost since starting my 100 day challenge!!!!

4+

Kimberley
      Participant
      @Kim

1. Your weight loss Wow!
      2. Great recovery with the fasting.
      3. Sounds like you made good progress on you get away. You ate as healthy as you could and kept you cheats minimum. What a strong mental game. Better yet you recovered when you got home. I hope I do as well as you do when I go away.

2+

Mrs. Love Chard
      Keymaster
      @Bethany

WINS here, Kerri! Congrats on your 40 pounds and 14.8 here in Nutribabe Nation! Way to get right back in the game once you got home.

1+

Kerri
      Participant
      @kermont

Day 32-38: So….I’ve been away from NN for a few days and I fell pretty far off the wagon. So much so that I’d be embarrassed to tell everyone what I have eaten….definitely was in closet eating mode. There’s been some family drama and I’ve had the ‘I don’t care/give up’ attitude which then translates into eating poorly and having alcohol. Just one example was Thanksgiving…I prepped my food to have along with the traditional dinner…raw veggies, bean salad, hummus, cranberry sauce, guac and pumpkin caramel dip…I was so prepared! Then I made a late night trip to Target and while I was checking out there in front of me was pizza hut. I don’t know why I didn’t just walk by but at each step I questioned what I was doing and still did it…walking up to the counter…grabing the pizza…paying for the pizza…sitting in my car eating the pizza…I even questioned eating the last quarter but I did it anyway. The most ironic part of the whole thing is I never ate pizza hut pizza when I did eat pizza. The days since have had similar occurrences. Today is a new day and I’m going to get back on track….I’m starting by posting here in NN. I really see a difference when I don’t post in the Nation.

The other thing is I was so excited to start the challenge and I haven’t participated at all yet. I have some errands to do today so after that, I’m going to carve some time out to start reviewing what’s been going on since I’ve been away.

I’m so thankful for all of the support! I love that I have this safe place to come back to….

2+

Debbie
        Participant
        @Debbie

Sorry your going thru family drama but your back now and NN is here for you.

3+

Kimberley
      Participant
      @Kim

Posting here daily boosts your will power. Science back it up. I swear it’s what has got me this far. Best wishes.

2+

Kerri
      Participant
      @kermont

Day 39-41: Doing well again – Lost the 2 lbs that I had gained over the holiday and an additional 1.5 for a total of 16.3 lbs on NN!!! I know the numbers aren’t all important but I’ve been able to wear some of my smaller clothes and since I’m not hiding in all the big clothes as much, I feel like I look better! I was wearing a lot of sweats and now I’m wearing jeans and nicer tops…makes me feel better and more put together. I have 12.5 more to reach my goal…and I’ll be really happy when I lose another 7.5.

Soon I’m going to have to find a home routine to gain some muscles. My girlfriend is giving me a treadmill and I will hopefully be getting that this weekend. I went for a walk this morning with my neighbors. They walk every day and I haven’t been joining them…been too comfy in the warm bed on the cold mornings. But walking with them today made me realize how good it is for my mind as well as my body!

3+

Mrs. Love Chard
      Keymaster
      @Bethany

So sorry for the family drama, Kerri! So glad you have us to turn to. Kim is right… the more you post and interact here, the more benefits and value you will see. We are here for you! <3

1+

Mrs. Love Chard
      Keymaster
      @Bethany

So sorry for the family drama, Kerri! So glad you have us to turn to. Kim is right… the more you post and interact here, the more benefits and value you will see. We are here for you! <3

Kimberley
      Participant
      @Kim

Congrats on all your success.

I’m working to add muscle to my smaller frame now too. I just got the Tone It Up app. You get free daily timing moves that take into account the muscles you worked the previous day. I also have a subscription to the app so there’s live workouts every hour where you can chat with the other ladies, and do on demand workouts. You can even invite other members to workout with you. I like it a lot. Going to do one of their yoga workouts now.

1+

Mrs. Love Chard
      Keymaster
      @Bethany

Thanks for the Tone It Up info, Kim! That’s awesome.

Checking in with you Kerri! How’s everything going?

1+
Viewing 28 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.