Home Forums [MOVED] Say Hello Latest Newby! :)

2 replies, 2 voices Last updated by Jenny Riley 3 years, 2 months ago
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Jenny Riley
      Participant
      @Beetiebean

Hello, everyone! My name is Jenny and used to follow the LoveChard fb group all the time! Missed you guys! 😉 I have been WFPB for about a year and half. I felt great at first but several months in I started having IBS symptoms which have persisted, and now these last few months have gotten progressively worse. I am seeing a GI doc but nothing I’ve tried so far has helped with the tremendous (worsening) bloating and intermittent constipation (and occasional diarrhea—sorry about the TMI! lol!). On my journal to try to find relief, I went on a few different elimination/food sensitivity diets–all while trying to maintain my wfpb/vegan lifestyle. It’s been extremely difficult, depressing, and stressful. The elimination diets didn’t help my IBS, and now I’ve found that I’ve developed (–or maybe I’ve had them before and they’ve returned) some bad eating habits—addictive and emotional eating habits–that I just can’t get a grip on and have come here to Bethany and Zane for help!! 🙂 I am starting on my 21 day road map. I need to do quite a bit of soul searching to be able to answer the questions “out loud” and put them down on paper! Really thankful and happy to be here!

Mrs. Love Chard
      Keymaster
      @Bethany

Hey Jenny!! So happy to have you here. WELCOME! First off… it’s never TMI with me. 😉

Some questions to get a better idea of where you’re at nutrition wise:

1. How often are you eating beans/lentils? Are they canned or made from dry?
      2. Are you eating any processed breads, flours, oils?
      3. Have you been tested for a gluten intolerance or sensitivity?
      4. Do you feel that you chew your food well before swallowing?
      5. Consuming any caffeine?

Dive into that road map, girl! We’re all here for you. <3

Jenny Riley
      Participant
      @Beetiebean

Thanks, Bethany!
      Never TMI for me either—I’m a nurse! lol! And I’m a nurse with IBS, so there ya go! l

1. Up until several months ago (when my IBS started getting bad), I ate all kinds of beans (both canned and ones I cooked in the crock pot) once or twice a day. Last few months (during and after I went on the low FODMAP elimation diet) I’ve hardly eaten them at all except for about a quarter cup of chick peas in my salad, which I used to eat everyday for dinner, but lately I’ve been so bloated by dinner time I often don’t eat dinner.

2. I try to stick to breads like Ezekial, but have a weakness for the bakery sourdough garlic bread that my hubby eats everyday. I end up eating a little of that maybe a couple times a week. I also eat some gluten-free bread. I suspect that wheat or flour or gluten might be an issue for me re: the bloating and constipation. I’m having a hard time staying away from it though. Also occasionally eat whole wheat tortillas with a wrap or burrito. I sometimes eat Cheerios–oat flour. As for oils, I sometimes use Follow Your Heart salad dressings which have oil. I occasionally use olive or coconut oil for cooking, maybe average once a week, if that? Also when I succumb to eating the garlic bread I mentioned, I put Country Crock on it.

3. I have not yet been tested for gluten intolerance/sensitivity. I am having an endoscopy (upper) this Friday–not sure what all he will be looking for but he did ask me about gluten.

4. I do feel like I chew pretty well. I’ve been working on eating more mindfully and chewing!

5. Caffeine–ahhh, yes. Haven’t been able to let go of my coffee (with molasses and soy milk) addiction. Also often have iced tea (no sugar) with lunch and sometimes dinner.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘[MOVED] Say Hello’ is closed to new topics and replies.