19 replies, 4 voices Last updated by Mrs. Love Chard 3 years ago
Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author

Kimberley
      Participant
      @Kim

Success for me has a lot to do with Mindfullness, so I decided to start a thread: Daily check in, ideas, questions.

Terri
      Participant
      @tkane

My workplace has a wonderful wellness program. This past year there have been a couple of seminars about mindfulness along with an introduction to meditation. Every Monday, during the lunch hours, we gather for a 10 minute meditation. I’ve learned a lot over the year. Now when my brain races off in a million emotional directions, I am able to bring myself back to the moment. I am more aware of those self sabotage attempts . I still struggle with the “fat girl forever” image I have of myself but that too shall pass.

I am reading a book by Dr. Joe Dispenza, “Breaking the Habit of Being Yourself”. It is very interesting and offers insight on the brain -emotion connection. I’m sure there a many books on the subject. Next year when I retire, reading will be part of every day.

Kimberley
      Participant
      @Kim

It sounds like you work in a great place @Terri.
      I can suffer from Body Dismorphia and not seeing my true self. If I find any meditations or books that help, I’ll let you know.
      I’ll have to check out your book recomendation.

Kimberley
      Participant
      @Kim

Today I did Mandy Reid’s Love Your Body Meditation.

I also started reading Talia Fuhrman’s Love Your Body book which @Mrs.LoveChard had recomended. Feeling very peacefull.

Terri
        Participant
        @tkane

Love this. Will give it a try @Kim.

Kimberley
      Participant
      @Kim

Do You Yoga’s Faith Hunter’s Love Yourself Meditation today:

Debbie
        Participant
        @Debbie

I’ve never done yoga before but I believe it will be a positive activity for me, I’ve subscribed to both these videos. Not sure when I will start, I’m sure the sooner the better. thanks for the links and have a great weekend

Mrs. Love Chard
      Keymaster
      @Bethany

I love these videos, Kim!! Thanks for posting. Glad you’re enjoying the book! Here’s the link for anyone else who wants to order: http://amzn.to/2iP1LD3

Kimberley
      Participant
      @Kim

I just did another one of Faith Hunter’s free meditations today.

1+

Kimberley
      Participant
      @Kim

Still on the Faith Hunter meditation roll. Does anyone else meditate?

1+

Kimberley
      Participant
      @Kim

Warning: array_flip(): Can only flip STRING and INTEGER values! in /home/lovechar/public_html/nutribabenation/wp-content/plugins/buddyboss-media/includes/bbpress/class-bbm-bbpress-media.php on line 331

I lost a whole pound yesterday. The boys ate chocolate and chips the whole day. They even had McDonals in front of me. I ate my Nutritarian food and better than candy oranges. No exercise as it was my son’s birthday, but I meditated for a whole hour before he woke up.

1+

Mrs. Love Chard
        Keymaster
        @Bethany

I love this pic, @Kim! You’re a strong woman. I’m excited to share some mindfulness and meditation stuff we have coming up in Nutribabe Nation!! <3

1+

Kimberley
      Participant
      @Kim

Any resource recommendation to get into journaling for health and weight loss?

1+

Kimberley
      Participant
      @Kim

I was listening to the Addictions course again while I cooked and found this. For inspirational videos I like Love Chard, The Watering Mouth, and Joel Fuhrman. Does anyone have any other recommendation?

Mrs. Love Chard
      Keymaster
      @Bethany

@kim Check out Nutribabe Nation member @sarahrose’s website: https://www.mindfulproductivityblog.com/blog-roll/

She is a Mindful Productivity Coach will soon have her own expert corner for you guys here in Nutribabe Nation. She is THE go-to for journaling, too!

1+

Kimberley
      Participant
      @Kim

I’ve been trying to meditate every day. I like guided meditations. Lately I mostly use the Calm app. Anyone have favourite meditation guides?

1+

Terri
        Participant
        @tkane

I love the Calm app. 10 minute meditations in the morning and sleep stories at night.

2+

Mrs. Love Chard
        Keymaster
        @Bethany

Another vote for Calm.com or the app.

Kimberley
      Participant
      @Kim

So had toxic hunger this am. Noticing it for what it is always feels like a win. Found this short 4 minute meditation that was a great process for dealing with it you can use throughly day (note: need to write it in my journal).

S is stop
      T is Take 3 deep breaths
      O is Observe where you feel the craving in your body and the emotions behind it.
      Pis plan and Proceed in a way that support you

@SarahRose
      @MrsLoveChard something like this would be great in our Mindfullness Hub for meditation or journaling.

2+

Mrs. Love Chard
        Keymaster
        @Bethany

OH YES love this, Kim!!

1+
Viewing 13 reply threads
  • The forum ‘[Closed] Independent 6 Week Challenge 8/27-10/7’ is closed to new topics and replies.