Home Forums Nutribabe Diary & Goals My goal

6 replies, 4 voices Last updated by Mr. Love Chard 3 years, 3 months ago
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Pamela
      Participant
      @Pamelarmx@gmail.com

I really want to be able to go out socially and stay on my healthy eating plan

Mr. Love Chard
      Keymaster
      @Zane

Great goal, Pamela! Honestly, I still struggle with this myself from time to time. I’m a very social person and I like sharing/doing the things my friends are doing. It took several attempts before I realized that I didn’t need that beer or that piece of cake to be social or to have fun.

Mrs. Love Chard
      Keymaster
      @Bethany

Hi Pamela! I totally get it. It was tough for me at first but I have found my groove. What are your most frequent gatherings… restaurants, dinner parties, etc? What types of food/snacks at these events do you struggle with most?

Pamela
      Participant
      @Pamelarmx@gmail.com

All of the above. It is definatly easier at a home gathering. Then I just bring something to share. I try to look at the menu of the places I go and try to make a plan before I go. It is the having a drink and the additive fried crap that I struggle with.

I try not to beat myself up too bad but its more for my health that I’m doing this. I’ve had a very busy last couple of months and have fallen completely off the band wagon. So I need to get back on track and get some weight off.

Brianna Sheridan
      Participant
      @Brilee03

I feel the exact same, Pamela. Something I’m working on everyday. I do find the more I say “no” to things I don’t want in my body, the easier & more natural it comes. Keep practicing 😀

Pamela
      Participant
      @Pamelarmx@gmail.com

Yes one day at a time 😉

Mr. Love Chard
      Keymaster
      @Zane

Maybe something that may help is creating a mini challenge for yourself that will eventually become a normalcy. “For 100 days I will NOT touch fried foods or alcohol… instead I will eat before, enjoy tea or fruity water, bring my own dish.”

Doing almost anything for 100 days is hard, but I can say from experience that day 100 is a whole lot easier than day 1. Something like this probably wouldn’t be hard to find someone to do it with either. Always more fun when doing it as a team.

If 100 days seems daunting… try 30, then reevaluate how you feel at the end and tack on an extra month if you think you can do it. I know you can. 😉

2+
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.