Home Forums [MOVED] Struggles No Weight Loss So Far

4 replies, 3 voices Last updated by Mrs. Love Chard 3 years ago
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Anonymous
      @

Well, I’m well into week 3 of nearly full compliance. Batting 75-100% most days, with oil and salt being the biggest offenders. (I ate out about 5 times in that period.) I haven’t lost a pound. I am definitely eating decent portions and getting my G-BOMBS in. I find it really easy for once in my life to actually feed myself.

I do a shake in the morning with berries, low carb vegan protein powder, unsweetened nut milk, and whatever other fruit/greens I have on hand. I do a kale-heavy salad for lunch with seeds and nuts. Nothing funky for dressing, mostly balsamic and Hello Nutritarian Oil Free Hummus. Dinner I play around a bit, but mostly veggie tacos cooked in veggie broth. Sometimes I eat it as a salad or use greens as a wrap. Occasionally I have had some whole grain taco shells, a little tough to eat, but satisfying. I honestly am never hungry anymore (shocker!) and find this a really sustainable way to eat/live. For the first time I’m genuinely eating 3 meals a day and not wondering about anything.

As someone with 100+ lbs to lose, you would think the weight would start to shed after I cut out excess oil and shitty mcshit meals. I know this is a marathon and not a sprint, so long-term results are what the name of the game is. But you’d think I’d have lost SOMETHING. I have been transitioning for 2 months as well, with about 40-50% compliance (oil, salt, and fast food, also being the biggest offenders.)

Frustrated!

LB

1+

Mrs. Love Chard
      Keymaster
      @Bethany

Thanks for sharing! So glad that you are finding things easy and sustainable with this lifestyle! Now let’s get that scale to move. 🙂 Few important things to note based off of what you shared:

1. Salt and oil and restaurants are some of the scale’s biggest offenders, even if it doesn’t seem like much. Salt contributes to you retaining unneeded “water weight” and other inflammatory effects.

2. Consider eliminating the protein powder indefinitely. It’s excesses and unnecessary calories, and you’ll get enough protein if you’re filling up to satisfaction. Check out the latest Q&A [minutes 35:22 – 40:35] where I answer the question: “Any thoughts on protein powders? Needed or not needed?” https://nutribabenation.lovechard.com/live-qa-sessions/qa-replay-august-28-2017/

3. You may be a little nut and seed heavy and too little on non-starchy vegetables and beans. Consider putting more focus on 1 pound cooked [bean and veggie soup or stirfry or steamed,] and 1 pound raw veggies [salads!]. Also consider replacing your nut milk with water in your smoothies.

Keep going! <3

1+

Anonymous
      @

thank you thank you thank you!!!!!

2+

Kimberley
      Participant
      @Kim

I’ve had this problem to. So frustrating.

For me in the begining I was using salt in my soup broth and spice mixes, and I can tell from the weeks that I don’t use it and then go back to using it, that that small amount of salt halts my weight loss.

I’ve also just had two weeks were the scale wouldn’t budge at all, it even went up a titch, and then poof today it moved 0.9lbs. Or I’ve had a couple weeks with no movement and then poof 2 lbs. I think the detox isn’t a steady consistent weight reduction, I think we build up enough nutritrients and then our body detoxes a whole bunch.

Sounds like your doing amazing with your eating. The weight will come off. Have faith and good luck.

2+

Mrs. Love Chard
      Keymaster
      @Bethany

Checking in with you, Lori Beth. How are things going?

1+
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘[MOVED] Struggles’ is closed to new topics and replies.