34 replies, 11 voices Last updated by Debbie 3 years, 2 months ago
Viewing 21 reply threads
  • Author

Terri
      Participant
      @tkane

I am very excited to start this challenge. I am 63 years old and currently weigh 201 lbs. It has been 29 years since I have weighed less than 200. I have lost weight a number of times but NEVER got below 201. As soon as I hit 201 the saboteur shows up and my weight heads in the other direction. Since going WFPB three years ago I have slowly lost 65 pounds and have not regained the weight. Now I am fluctuating between 201 and 203. By the end of this challenge I am determined to break through this barrier. It is hard to imagine being on the other side.

Mrs. Love Chard
      Keymaster
      @Bethany

YESSSS @tkane You are SO going to break that barrier and be on ONE-derland! I can’t wait to watch you continue to flourish. <3 What's the hardest part for you about imagining being on the other side?

nutripam
      Participant
      @nutripam

I need this challenge. I have been teetering back and forth between being on program and off program. Essentially I have been losing and gaining the same 5 lbs. over and over. Last year I had a lot of success with the nutritarian lifestyle, learned a ton and lost 26 lbs. I had a challenging time at the beginning of this year with breaking my arm and a variety of stresses and gained most of my weight back. I want to get back to not only the weight I had reached, but to how amazing and energized I was feeling.

Terri
        Participant
        @tkane

In my head I am PLUS size. That’s who I am. I have always been the biggest of my friends. I’m the one that gets the front seat because they didn’t want to squish me into the back seat. The Talbots store in my area carries PLUS and “Regular” size clothes. The two areas are connected by a short hallway. Each area has it’s own door to the outside. I NEVER go through the “Regular” door. It’s not my world. I spend my money on the other side, because the stuff fits. Three years ago I was buying size 24. The last time I bought something it was a 14 PLUS. I think I am stuck in that little hallway between PLUS and Not PLUS.

Sorry for the double posts. I’m still learning how to post in a forum.

nutripam
        Participant
        @nutripam

Let’s walk through that hallway to the other side together!

nutripam
      Participant
      @nutripam

Hooray, Terri! Let’s do this!

AnnMarie
      Participant
      @VeggieLover

Yes! So happy to start the 6 week challenge with two of my Roots sisters (yay Pam and Terri!)and everyone in Nutribabe Nation that are in the challenge! I have been eating ETL since July 18, 2016 and I’ve lost 38-40 pounds so far. I know I’ve had a little extra nut butters, dates and Lara bars lately because there have been many family parties and get togethers and vacation with a little oil and salt on my food at dinners out. I did stay ETL compliant for most of summer but I certainly think the 6 week challenge will be great to really commit to this lifestyle by eating the most Nutritarian foods. So looking forward to everyone’s posts!! Ann Marie @veggielover

Terri
        Participant
        @tkane

Yes!

nutripam
        Participant
        @nutripam

Hooray, Ann Marie! I love that we are active sisters again! We ladies have had great collaboration in the past, and I look forward to our new challenge together!

Terri
      Participant
      @tkane

In my head I am PLUS size. That is who I am.

LisaForester
      Participant
      @LLFORESTER

Hi everyone! I’m Lisa. I’ve been Nutritarian for 5 years. In September of 2016 I started taking weight off after gaining due to a major health problem.

I’ve been struggling since I bought my size 16 clothes (down from 22).

All the food in my house is compliant, so I don’t have to go shopping. I just need to stop abusing myself with food.

Dr. Fuhrman says I should weigh much less than I’d like to. I just want to be size 12, which is tiny for me.

So, here I go. Back to GBOMBS and the salad is the main dish. I’m looking forward to getting to know all of you!

nutripam
        Participant
        @nutripam

Let’s do this, Lisa!

Debbie
      Participant
      @Debbie

Good morning
      Starting at 197.4, I had been a junk food vegetarian 20+ years my highest wt was 268 (2001) I am only 5’1″ . I yoyo dieted with Weight Watchers since 1975 safe to say dieting don’t work, I needed a lifestyle. I finally watched FOK June 2016 (250 lbs) and another 6-8 documentary’s on Netflix went back to WW and went vegan, I started following Mr. and Mrs. Love Chard read Eat To Live and realized this is it. I don’t have a weight goal, just going where it takes me, my biggest addiction to overcome is my morning one cup of coffee with 2t organic sugar and 3T silk coffee creamer. Yes I did savor it this am knowing the next 6 weeks I will be starting my mornings without it. I’m so glad that this will continue with NN another 6 weeks, I’m sure after 12 weeks it will be embedded in me.
      Must say I’m a little nervous.

nutripam
        Participant
        @nutripam

Debbie, we are in this together. To help myself in the past through giving up things I loved, I would tell myself to “get comfortable being uncomfortable.” Silly as it sounds, saying that really helped me.

nutripam
        Participant
        @nutripam

Warning: array_flip(): Can only flip STRING and INTEGER values! in /home/lovechar/public_html/nutribabenation/wp-content/plugins/buddyboss-media/includes/bbpress/class-bbm-bbpress-media.php on line 331

I’ve been shopping and am ready for the challenge!

Terri
        Participant
        @tkane

Pam, Wow! you are ready to go.

Sheena
      Participant
      @Sheena83

Can I join you guys??

I’ve always struggled with my weight, but 8 or 9 years ago I turned to a vegan diet and learned to enjoy working out. I was working with a personal trainer, I did 5ks, 10ks and a half marathon.
      4 years ago I got pregnant with my daughter and added dairy and egg into my diet. I also took “eating for 2” very literally. I gained around 80lbs!!
      I got pregnant again when she was 9 months old, having only lost half of the weight I’d gained. I again gained 50lbs.
      I lost all the weight from my 2nd child in 3 months. Then I got depressed. I started eating non stop, became inactive and gained more weight.
      I’m the heaviest I’ve ever been. I’m unhappy, I’m uncomfortable, and I’m desperate. For my health, and to be the role model I want to be for my kids, I need to succeed in this challenge.

Looking forward to starting tomorrow!!

nutripam
        Participant
        @nutripam

Great to have you onboard, Sheena!

Debbie
      Participant
      @Debbie

The more the merrier, welcome Sheena.

Debbie
      Participant
      @Debbie

Pam, thanks I will give it a try. I don’t know why I am so worried about one cup of coffee.

Allison
      Participant
      @Allison

Hi everyone! I’m in! I’m getting my CSA in the morning, so I’m hoping for lots of non starchy veggies to get me going.

Debbie
      Participant
      @Debbie

Welcome Allison

Terri
      Participant
      @tkane

Yesterday, we cleaned out or garage getting rid of 20 years worth of junk. It felt so good. How appropriate that this six week challenge starts today. I’m ready to eliminate the junk in my diet.

nutripam
        Participant
        @nutripam

I’m glad we are in this together. I need to eliminate junk too!

Mrs. Love Chard
        Keymaster
        @Bethany

LOVE THIS, Terri! It’s so refreshing to get rid of the junk in so many ways.

Mrs. Love Chard
      Keymaster
      @Bethany

Hey girls, please feel free to start your own topics in the 6 week challenge forum. Click on the link below to take you to the main forum for the challenge, scroll down a bit to where it says CREATE NEW TOPIC IN “INDEPENDENT 6 WEEK CHALLENGE 8/27-10/7”: https://nutribabenation.lovechard.com/forums/forum/6-week-challenge-827-107/

I’m thinking to keep things organized, you could start one with food to share your pics, exercise you’re doing, or daily habits or daily check-in, whatever you want!! 🙂

Sharing is caring… your post will not only make you stronger and more solid, it will inspire and help others!!!

Kerri
      Participant
      @kermont

Hi All!

I so need this! I’m excited to join this 6-week challenge!

I have been struggling with staying compliant. I was vegetarian for many years and tried to go vegan many times without success. In March of this year, I found Dr. Furhman and I had this realization that I can do this. It was different this time. I just haven’t found a way to embrace it fully. I need to find a way to move completely away from vegan junk food and cheese and ice cream (I hardly eat cheese and ice cream anymore but every once in a while…) The sad thing is I feel so good when I eat right, feel awful when I don’t but I still don’t eat right. I also realize that I’m actually a closet eater when it comes to eating poorly. The past 3 weeks have been particularly bad and I’ve put on about 6 pounds…

So here’s to the next six weeks! Good Luck everyone!

Terri
        Participant
        @tkane

Kerri, we are in this together. I am a Pro when it comes to eating when no one is looking. I don’t know if I’ll ever be free of it but I am learning how to deal with it. I love these challenges. I’m ready to knuckle down and pay attention to what I am eating.

Debbie
      Participant
      @Debbie

Welcome Kerri,

VeganVieira
      Participant
      @VeganVieira

Hello everyone! I’m super excited to be here and pull up my socks for 6 weeks and get some results! I’ve not been very compliant recently and both my healthy and waistline are suffering for it.

I first read eat to live when my oldest was a baby and he’s now 13 and while I might veer off course slightly, I always come back home. We’ve been away a lot this summer and have had far too many vegan processed foods. That stops today (well yesterday since today is day 1)!

Let’s do this!!!!

Debbie
      Participant
      @Debbie

Welcome Vieira,

Ann Marie
      Participant
      @AMBM

Hello Everyone!
      I have been following/stalking the Love Chards for over a year now but have not been very committed to following the WFPB lifestyle. In my heart I wanted to do it but my stomach and my stinkin’ thinkin’ kept holding me back. I have been on and off diets since I was 11. I am ready for a way of living.
      I managed to get myself going over the weekend and I am going to use the accountability of this group/website to keep me going. I also need to do this for my daughter (age 13) who has chronic pain issues (that I know this way of eating will help with) and is also trying to incorporate more plant based whole foods too, but it is difficult in finding things she will eat. If anyone has some ideas or easy recipes, please send them my way. Right now that is my biggest struggle is figuring out what to make.
      Ann Marie

Debbie
        Participant
        @Debbie

Check out the recipes in this group at the top of the page, google or go into You Tube and search kid favorite wfpb/vegan food. I’m sure you will find several that your daughter will enjoy.

Terri
      Participant
      @tkane

Hello Ann Marie,
      So glad you are here. We can do this one day at a time.

Ann Marie
      Participant
      @AMBM

Thanks Terri!
      yes, that is all I can handle is one day at a time, and together we can do this!

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • The forum ‘[Closed] Independent 6 Week Challenge 8/27-10/7’ is closed to new topics and replies.