Home Forums [MOVED] General Chat Recipe Help

Tagged: 

7 replies, 4 voices Last updated by Debbie 3 years, 1 month ago
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

DeAnna
      Participant
      @Paisleygirl

I had a pretty rough week last week and because of that I ate horribly! I’m now working my way back to eating better. The problem is that I haven’t been loving the nutritarian food. Probably because my taste buds haven’t had time to change yet. So, this week, I have found a few recipes to make that are veggie heavy, but they have oil. Two of the recipes need oil for roasting veggies. How do I omit the oil? I have read that if you roast veggies “low & slow” that the oil is mostly unnecessary. Have any of you tried this with success?
      One of the other recipes are the Pizza Burgers from Minimalist Baker. They are one of our favorite burgers but they have a ton of oil! I can omit the oil for sautéing the shallots, but them they have you add 2 Tbsp of oil to mix in the “dough”. Do any of you know a way to mix it all together without oil? I would love some ideas.
      Thank you!
      DeAnna

1+

Mrs. Love Chard
      Keymaster
      @Bethany

Hey DeAnna! Sorry you had a rough week. So glad you came here to reach out and are moving forward! 🙂

Yes, you can totally do veggies “roasted” without oil. I use either nothing or veggie broth. Low and slow or until tender. You shouldn’t need the 2 tablespoons of oil to mix. You could add a tablespoon of unsweetened apple sauce, a scoop of hummus, or just omit entirely.

1+

DeAnna
      Participant
      @Paisleygirl

Hummus is a great idea. Thank you!

1+

Kimberley
      Participant
      @Kim

@DeAnna If I’m roasting my vegetables I like to mix them with equal parts tahini/citrus/herbs. I use a slippat mat so I don’t even need the oil on the sheet.

DeAnna
      Participant
      @Paisleygirl

Thanks!

Kimberley
      Participant
      @Kim

Anyone tried Joel Fuhrman’s Eggplant Fries recipe?

1+

Debbie
        Participant
        @Debbie

Not yet, when you make them please let us know how they turn out, I am making an eggplant hummus today.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The forum ‘[MOVED] General Chat’ is closed to new topics and replies.