Home Forums [MOVED] Struggles Salad dressing issue

3 replies, 4 voices Last updated by Terri 3 years, 3 months ago
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

DeAnna
      Participant
      @Paisleygirl

I’m having troubling liking the couple dressings that I have tried. I have tried a few of the tofu based salad dressings. They are so bland to me. I’m guessing this is because I am just getting started and my taste buds need time to change, which is fine. But in the mean time I don’t want to fail because my food is bland. I know this seem silly but I want to look forward to my salad and not dread it. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

DeAnna

Mr. Love Chard
      Keymaster
      @Zane

Yes… While your taste buds are healing and acquiring the natural taste of plants try upping the amount of vinegar and spices to your dressings or other dishes. I remember at the start of my journey I was adding a heaping dose of ancho power, chili powder, or red chili flakes to almost everything to get some kick. I rarely do any of that now.

You can create a dressing in your blender, taste it, add a little more vinegar or spices, and keep tasting as you add. [don’t add too much all at once… it’s hard to take it out! ;)] Eventually, your taste buds will require less and less until they are fully healed and you’ll be able to make all of your recipes the same without adding additional.

Mrs. Love Chard
      Keymaster
      @Bethany

I love hummus and mashed fruit like pineapple as my “dressing”. The fruit infused vinegars are really good too… raspberry balsamic is one of my faves!

PS: Dive into the salad course! 🙂

Terri
      Participant
      @tkane

My favorite dressing is the nutritarian sour cream recipe mixed with salsa.  I go for the hot salsa.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘[MOVED] Struggles’ is closed to new topics and replies.