9 replies, 4 voices Last updated by Sherrie 3 years ago
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Sherrie
      Participant
      @wahminsc

We can do this!

My long term goals are to:

• lose 50+ pounds. I was 190 when hubby and I met (I’m at 230 now)
      • reduce or eliminate meds (blood pressure, arthritis, Diabetes, and Fibromyalgia ail me)

My short term goals are to lose 5 pounds a month and step up on intentional exercise.

1+

Mr. Love Chard
      Keymaster
      @Zane

These seem like very realistic goals, Sherrie. I’m excited to be there as you hit them. 😉

Like with most any goals in this lifestyle, best approach is to get the food right and consistent first, then everything else falls in line.

2+

Sherrie
        Participant
        @wahminsc

Thanks, Zane!

1+

Mrs. Love Chard
      Keymaster
      @Bethany

Yay Sherrie! Love the intentional exercise, no matter what it is. 🙂

2+

Sherrie
        Participant
        @wahminsc

Thanks!  Hubby and I just joined a gym, so that intentional exercise will include the treadmill until I can add more to the mix.

1+

Sherrie
      Participant
      @wahminsc

Less than 90 days left in the year, eh? Wow! My goals for the next 90 days:

1) Get released from PT so I can exercise more, including the 5 and 10-K walk/run training.
      2) Keep playing with my food and so I can keep loving this lifestyle
      3) Nutritarian/WFPBNO Thanksgiving and Christmas
      4) Better meal prep

I recently cleared the fridge and pantry out and took an inventory of the on-plan goodness. I am in better shape than I thought and more beans ready to roll than I realized.

For years now, my only New Year’s Resolution has been to end the year in a better place than the previous one. I’ve done it every year since I started and plan on ending 2017 with a bang!

2+

Mrs. Love Chard
        Keymaster
        @Bethany

Love them all, especially #2! It’s so important to keep excitement and trying new things with this lifestyle and figure out what you LOVE and what works for YOU. Let’s end 2017 with a NUTRI-BANG.

2+

Sherrie
        Participant
        @wahminsc

Food is my world, @bethany. I read cookbooks like novels and love playing with food. I considered making it my career, but a few years in the industry made me reconsider. People, right? Lol. I still dream of launching a speciality food business and trying to see my ideas could work.

1+

Kimberley
      Participant
      @Kim

Yay Sherrie!
      For Thanksgiving Oh She Glows isn’t Nutritarian but she is whole food plant based, and you can modify her recipes. I’ve used her the last few years for Holidays.

3-Course Vegan and Gluten-Free Holiday Menu – Step-by-step!

We also have a Thanksgiving thread going somewhere in the discussion forums.

2+

Sherrie
        Participant
        @wahminsc

Thanks, @kim! I love her blog and have both of her books. I tend to pick up cookbooks when the omni family comments on how good the food looks on vegan blogs. There have been no complaints about the OSG recipes, even when I’ve modified and made them without added oil.

1+
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.