Home Forums [MOVED] Recipes Thanksgiving

Tagged: 

12 replies, 3 voices Last updated by  Mrs. Love Chard 2 years ago
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author

Kimberley
      Participant
      @Kim

Starting to organize for the day. Although I do all the cooking several members of my family are allergic to nuts. My plan is to make my dishes in the weeks before and freeze individual portions for myself for the actual day.

So far I’ve found Mashed Potatoes and Gravy. I’ll add more as I find them.

Nutritarian Mashed Potatoes

Nutritarian Mushroom Gravy

1+

VeganVieira
      Participant
      @VeganVieira

Love this idea! I am hosting my family dinner this weekend and need some meal ideas. Most of the attendees are fairly health conscious but not nutes or vegans so we shall see how my dishes go over 😉

2+

Mrs. Love Chard
      Keymaster
      @Bethany

The chocolate cheesecake pie is always a hit for my hosted dinners! https://nutribabenation.lovechard.com/recipes/wholesome-chocolate-cheesecake-pie/

2+

VeganVieira
        Participant
        @VeganVieira

It’s in the oven! I will let you know how it goes over 🙂

1+

Kimberley
      Participant
      @Kim

I found Nutritarian cranberry sauce recipe

1+

Kimberley
      Participant
      @Kim

3-Course Vegan and Gluten-Free Holiday Menu – Step-by-step!

Oh She Glows is not Nutritarian but she is whole foods plant based, and you can modify.

She has a couple posts with her full Thanksgiving menus and recipes. I’ve used them for quite a few years.

1+

VeganVieira
        Participant
        @VeganVieira

I am making all three dishes for my family dinner tomorrow. I tripled the ball recipe and will bake them tomorrow. That prep took a long time with all the chopping. They smell good so we shall see…

VeganVieira
      Participant
      @VeganVieira

Bethany, is your cheesecake pie popular with folks eating more of a standard diet? Considering it for this weekend as we are hosting Thanksgiving for my family. We are a mix of about half vegans and half omni’s. I want something that will appeal to everyone. I know there will be conventional desserts but I’m not touching them 😉

Mrs. Love Chard
        Keymaster
        @Bethany

Yea, it’s always been a hit. To make it even more so you could add a few more dates and nut butter.

1+

Kimberley
      Participant
      @Kim

Canadian Thanksgiving is this weekend. In the past I was plant based but not Nutritarian 100%, so I used Oh She Glow’s Thanksgiving Plan.
      This year I’m going to do this 100% Nutritarian. I’m hosting so everyone gets healthy food (the guests do get turkey).

My first prep dish is cranberry sauce. For 1 bag of cranberries I blended 1 cup de seeded dates and 1 cup water. Add to pot with cranberries, 1 chopped pear, and simmer and mash for 14 minutes. I doubled this as my husband will eat it on ice cream for the rest of the week. Can’t wait to try some dribbled of banana nice cream.

1+

Kimberley
      Participant
      @Kim

Warning: array_flip(): Can only flip STRING and INTEGER values! in /home/lovechar/public_html/nutribabenation/wp-content/plugins/buddyboss-media/includes/bbpress/class-bbm-bbpress-media.php on line 331

Prepped roast asparagus, green beans, mushrooms, and zuccininfor Turkey Dinner tommorow. All in a lemon, tahini dressing. I did a seperation bake sheet with just lemon on the veggies for those that won’t do tahini.
      Leftovers for me for the rest of the week.

1+

Kimberley
      Participant
      @Kim

Fuhrman motivation for the holidays: “Rich foods packed with oils, animal products, white flour, and sugar may look tempting to you at a holiday gathering. Maybe they’re so tempting that you to say to yourself “It’s just for today, just this one meal. I’ll go back to my healthful Nutritarian diet tomorrow. One unhealthful meal can’t possibly harm me.” But the truth is, one poor meal can do more harm than you might think.

Aside from the fact that a single low nutrient meal may awaken old addictive drives that could then lead to many more low-nutrient meals, a single meal is enough to cause damage to your cardiovascular system. There are more cardiac deaths on December 25, 26, and January 1 than any other days of the year.1 This sobering observation suggests that overindulging at a holiday meal can be extremely hazardous to your heart.”

https://www.drfuhrman.com/learn/library/articles/12/indulging-in-just-one-unhealthy-holiday-meal-increases-risk-of-heart-attack

Mrs. Love Chard
      Keymaster
      @Bethany

My girlfriend Chloe has a whole food, plant based Thanksgiving eCookbook! Check it out: http://www.chloescleancuisine.com/ebooks/plantsgiving

Her website is also great: http://www.chloescleancuisine.com/recipes/

1+
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • The forum ‘[MOVED] Recipes’ is closed to new topics and replies.