Home Forums [MOVED] Say Hello This is me…in a nutshell

1 voice, 0 replies
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Candace
      Participant
      @cansel

I’ve been on/off vegan since 2005. every single time I tried to go vegan my health would deteriorate; I would gain weight, my blood sugars would get worse, etc. I’ve tried a number of other diets to lose weight and get healthy, and although I’ve lost some weight, I still have health issues. A few years ago, I watched Forks Over Knives, and realized that my issue with going vegan was I ate crap, not real food.

Over the last several years, I’ve struggled with wanting to be WFPB and being a ‘foodie’. I fought with my inner child on a regular basis, as I didn’t want to give up my steak or my cheese. Turns out, I didn’t really have a choice. I’ve had stomach issues my entire life, but as I’ve gotten older, they’ve gotten worse. I cannot eat dairy products, the experience is horrible. I’ve never been a huge meat eater anyway, I was more eggs and now it seems I’m allergic to eggs, chicken, and beef – so there you have it.

The last 6 years or so, I’ve watched a friend of mine, Mrs. Plant, change dramatically. She has patiently spent hours talking to me about being WFPB, sharing recipes, and encouraging me. I know it is the way to go, and I finally had the words click in my brain “if you keep doing the same things over and over again, but you expect a different outcome, well that’s the very definition of insanity.” So, I signed up for the Nutritarian Women’s Health Study, and told my inner child to ‘suck it up buttercup’. I’m going to do this, for myself and for my husband (whose father passed away at 57 because of a heart attack).

So, I’m digging in, and I am publicly committing. Yes, I can still quit, but it is a lot harder to do so when everyone knows what you are up to!

I’m excited to be here, and I’m looking forward to learning a lot!

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • The forum ‘[MOVED] Say Hello’ is closed to new topics and replies.