Home Forums [MOVED] Struggles Toxic Hunger?

4 replies, 2 voices Last updated by DeAnna 3 years, 2 months ago
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

DeAnna
      Participant
      @Paisleygirl

When I eat a fully whole food plant based meal I am full at the end of the meal but I feel hungry shortly after. It’s weird because I know I’m not hungry, but I feel like I am. Or like I am not satisfied…like there is a hole. Does that make sense? Is this toxic hunger?

Mrs. Love Chard
      Keymaster
      @Bethany

Most likely toxic hunger, yes. At the beginning, digesting [or stomach grumbling] can feel like hunger, but it’s most often times not. The more and more you eat this way, the better you’ll be able to pinpoint the difference between toxic and true hunger. [And we’ll have a course just for this coming up!]

If you ate a full meal and were satisfied, you should be good to go for a while. Do your meals have lots of veggies and beans to help keep you full? What does a full meal look like for you right now?

DeAnna
      Participant
      @Paisleygirl

Tonight I had a dish called Vegan”butter chicken”. It’s a recipe from the Whole Food Plant based Cooking show. It had mushrooms, onions, and tofu. I put it over a small bit of brown rice.

Mrs. Love Chard
      Keymaster
      @Bethany

Ohh it sounds great! I would load up the vegetables for a dish like that. Plenty of variety is always a good thing. I’m forever adding garlic, zucchini, spinach, peas, broccoli, etc. to my dishes. I really take the “unlimited veggies” seriously haha. 😉

DeAnna
      Participant
      @Paisleygirl

That sounds even better. I’ll definitely start doing that. Thanks!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘[MOVED] Struggles’ is closed to new topics and replies.