Tagged: 

27 replies, 7 voices Last updated by Mrs. Love Chard 3 years, 10 months ago
Viewing 18 reply threads
  • Author

Terri
      Participant
      @tkane

Dr. Fuhrman says salad should be your biggest meal of the day. Let’s see some salad inspiration.

Terri
      Participant
      @tkane

Warning: array_flip(): Can only flip STRING and INTEGER values! in /home/customer/www/nutribabenation.lovechard.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/buddyboss-media/includes/bbpress/class-bbm-bbpress-media.php on line 331

I made this Asian inspired salad for dinner tonight. This is a pretty large bowl. I think it is 10 inches across. You can’t see the base of greens which included romaine, kale, spinach and broccoli slaw. On top I chose steamed broccoli, roasted mushrooms, cucumber strips, red cabbage, red sweet pepper, tomato and edamame. I made a dressing of lime juice, Tamari, coco aminos, and hot sauce. I’m missing some GBOMBS but it’s a pretty good start.

Mrs. Love Chard
        Keymaster
        @Bethany

GREAT start! GBOMBS in one salad is a great goal, but not necessarily mandatory every day. 🙂

For reference: GBOMBS are Greens, Beans, Onions, Mushrooms, Berries, Nuts/Seeds

nutripam
      Participant
      @nutripam

Beautiful salad, Terri!

Debbie
      Participant
      @Debbie

I did not do a salad today, I started my day with my kale, banana, apple, dates, flax and soy milk smoothie, I had chili left over from my trip so I split it for lunch and dinner with cantaloupe and watermelon. I do have all my veggies chopped and ready for the rest of the week, no coffee this am I did read the last chapter in Eat to live today and Dr Furhman did say it is ok to have one cup which is all I ever have, will see how I feel in the morning. All in all a good day, hope you all have a great day 1.

Mrs. Love Chard
        Keymaster
        @Bethany

Sounds like a great Day 1 Debbie! <3

VeganVieira
      Participant
      @VeganVieira

I didn’t have a salad today per say. I was on the road all day so had fruit for breakfast and some fruit and raw veg for lunch. Dinner was roasted veg, tofu and a some potato. Felt like heavy starch day due to the potato. Not the best day 1 but I stuck to whole foods despite not being prepped. I didn’t have enough veg today but oh well I’ve now prepped some food so I’m ready to go for tomorrow!

Mrs. Love Chard
        Keymaster
        @Bethany

It sounds like a great Day 1 to me! You can always evaluate and adjust and tweak and tighten things up if you’d like.

AnnMarie
      Participant
      @VeggieLover

I had a good breakfast this morning at Panera, Steel cut oats with strawberries and pecans. Asked them to leave off the cinnamon crunch. It was very good and filling.

AnnMarie
      Participant
      @VeggieLover

Warning: array_flip(): Can only flip STRING and INTEGER values! in /home/customer/www/nutribabenation.lovechard.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/buddyboss-media/includes/bbpress/class-bbm-bbpress-media.php on line 331

Picture:

Mrs. Love Chard
        Keymaster
        @Bethany

Love how you make it work at restaurants, Ann Marie! 🙂

AnnMarie
      Participant
      @VeggieLover

Dinner was a beautiful salad and veggie soup

Mrs. Love Chard
        Keymaster
        @Bethany

LOVELY food and presentation! What colors and variety.

Kimberley
      Participant
      @Kim

I mixed 3 different salad mixes, added tomatoes and green onions, a Nutritarian dressing, and some squash fries in the side.

Mrs. Love Chard
        Keymaster
        @Bethany

Nice! Looks refreshing and satisfying. 🙂

Debbie
      Participant
      @Debbie

Should of put my salad pic in here, it was so good with so many toppers. I also picked up a new balsamic today can’t wait to use it in a new flavor dressing.

Terri
      Participant
      @tkane

My big, fancy salad today. A big pile of greens, cabbage, broccoli slaw, onions, tomatoes, and chickpea salad to top it off. It was very satisfying. The dressing was nutritarian sour cream mixed with salsa and some balsamic.

1+

Debbie
      Participant
      @Debbie

Looks very tasty.

nutripam
      Participant
      @nutripam

I am determined to get back into the salad game and love my salads again! I made a yummy cool ranch dressing: https://eatplant-based.com/recipe/cool-ranch-dressing-dip/

This salad has romaine, broccoli slaw, edamame, peas, corn, apple, and chia seeds. It’s good.

1+

Terri
        Participant
        @tkane

I am going to try this dressing. My go to dressing is nutritarian sour cream and salsa. I need a change.

Kimberley
      Participant
      @Kim

Lunch is pretty much always salad, herbal tea, bean soup, and fruit. I make enough dressing and soup to last the week.

1+

Terri
        Participant
        @tkane

What is your dressing? My favorite is nutritarian sour cream and salsa.

Debbie
      Participant
      @Debbie

Got my salad put together for the next 5 days, first time making nutritarian sour cream I added 1 T nutritional yeast and made eggplant hummus with the mayocopa beans very good. Dinner salad with the sour cream, hummus and fresh pineapple

1+

Kimberley
      Participant
      @Kim

@Terri I made a double portion of Basic Hummus but added half a lemon more and balsamic vinegar. I’ll have to try the Nutritarian Sour Cream.

1+

Kimberley
      Participant
      @Kim

Arugula, micro greens, sprouted legumes, tomatoes, bell peppers, kale, pinto beans. Fuhrman’s almond vinegrette dressing all week long.

1+

AnnMarie
      Participant
      @VeggieLover

I made a Bethany’s micro salad with riced broccoli and cauliflower and Trader Joe’s chopped 8 veggies, chickpeas, green onion, coconut vinegar, TJ 21 salute seasoning, a splash of coconut aminos, a handful of raw sunflower seeds and hemp seeds and some raisins. Been having it all week on top of my greens!

2+

nutripam
      Participant
      @nutripam

I made a tasty ranch dressing today. I just love ranch dressing on my salad.

Tofu Vegan Ranch Dressing
      Ingredients
      • 1 lb. firm tofu
      • 1 tbsp. dried chives
      • 1/4 cup dried parsley chopped
      • 5 garlic cloves minced
      • 1/2 tsp. onion powder
      • 1/4 tsp. salt
      • 1/4 tsp. pepper
      • 2/3 cup or more unsweetened unflavored non-dairy milk for desired consistency
      • 3 tbsp. lemon juice
      • 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
      • 3 tbsp. nutritional yeast
      Instructions: Blend it all up!

2+

Mrs. Love Chard
        Keymaster
        @Bethany

Pam, I’ll get this up in the recipe section! 🙂

1+
Viewing 18 reply threads
  • The forum ‘[Closed] Independent 6 Week Challenge 8/27-10/7’ is closed to new topics and replies.